Multimedia and how to get it out there: Our top 10 Content Marketing columns of 2017
Sophisticated marketers know that simply producing content isn't enough to reach your goals, and our columnists this year spoke to readers' interests by sharing tips on video, user-generated content and strategies for promoting them.
In 2017, there was no doubt that content was king, but it also became clear that content alone is not nearly enough to ensure success. That’s why our columnists covered strategies and tactics that allow marketers to produce the best content possible for their audiences, and also promote it in ways that ensure that it’s found by prospective and existing customers.
The research process behind winning content, such as coming up with ideas and answering customers’ questions, are always topics worth exploring, and readers were especially interested in developing content that spurs action — like the storytelling triggers Jennifer Spencer wrote about. But we aren’t in 2015 anymore, which is why articles about producing video and other multimedia content, as well as that of the user-generated variety, resonated with our readers.
As the year comes to a close, we present our top 10 columns on the subject of content marketing, in hopes you’ll use the opportunity to catch up (or refresh your memory) and start 2018 with a bang.
- 5 top hacks to step up your B2B content marketing strategy in 2017 by Alexander Kesler, published on 3/6/2017.
- Why brands should embrace UGC as part of their marketing strategy by Travis Wright, published on 2/13/2017.
- 7 questions your customers ask, and how your website must answer by Stoney deGeyter, published on 3/15/2017.
- 25 promotion tactics to ensure people actually see your content by Blaise Lucey, published on 7/20/2017.
- How are you changing your content marketing program in 2018? by Rachel Lindteigen, published on 11/10/2017.
- Why content matters (no matter what type of marketer you are) by Rebecca Lieb, published on 6/14/2017.
- Content marketing ideation: Where do good ideas come from? by Rachel Lindteigen, published on 1/13/2017.
- Are you writing too much content? by Jacob Baadsgaard, published on 1/23/2017.
- The rise of bad content marketing advice by Rebecca Lieb, published on 3/14/2017.
- 5 storytelling triggers that spur your readers to take action by Jennifer Spencer, published on 1/31/2017.
New on MarTech