Marketing Day: Pinterest Working On “Buy” Button, Twitter Promoted Video Ads Guide & HubSpot’s 2014 Earnings
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Expedia Wants You to #GetARoom For Valentine’s Day
The travel company aims its arrow at new potential customers, offering discounts on hotel room bookings for the occasion.
- Cross Boundaries And Succeed With Technology-Powered Marketing – Attend MarTech
Succeeding in the world of technology-powered marketing requires crossing boundaries between disciplines, departments, technologies, industries and philosophies. Not surprisingly, crossing boundaries is the overarching theme of the MarTech program in San Francisco, March 31 – April 1. Click to enlarge The first boundary we’ll break down is the line between marketing and IT. Our speakers come from a wide range […]
- Report: Pinterest Is Working On A “Buy” Button
The social bookmarking site could launch the e-commerce feature in three to six months, according to a story in Re/code. Pinterest says it has no plans to announce at this time.
- Conductor Lands $27 Million Funding For Its Fight Against Paid Media
Money will be used to further develop the company’s Searchlight platform.
- Baidu: In Q4 Mobile Search Revenues Exceeded PC Earnings
Chinese search engine Baidu reported Q4 revenues of roughly $2.26billion, which represented 48 percent year-over-year growth. However the company missed analyst expectations. Its outlook was also disappointing to financial analysts. Revenues for the full year were $7.9 billion, which was 53 percent more than in 2013. Traffic acquisition costs were 13 percent of revenues. Baidu said […]
- 7 Limitations Of Big Data In Marketing Analytics
Big data — the cutting edge of modern marketing or an overhyped buzzword? Columnist Kohki Yamaguchi dives in to some of the limitations of user-centered data.
- A Complete Guide To Twitter Promoted Video Ads
Looking to diversify your paid advertising spend? Columnist Larry Kim of WordStream recommends Twitter’s Promoted Video ads.
- Is Yahoo Stealing Mobile Search Share From Bing?
The company is staking its claim on mobile search, which was left off the table in the search alliance deal with Microsoft.
- Who Created Your Email Strategy? It’s Time To Own It
Has your email marketing program been chugging along with no course changes in years? Columnist Andrew King advises how to step back and move things forward.
- Apple iOS App Pins Have Arrived On Pinterest For iPhone & iPad
New App Pins will give users the power to instantly install the best iPhone and iPad apps directly from Pinterest.
- 6 Top Takeaways From Twitter CEO Dick Costolo’s Goldman Sachs Q&A
Twitter boss weighs in on user growth, the Google firehose deal, Twitter’s ad load, mobile video, e-commerce and DMing brands.
- HubSpot 2014 Earnings Report: Revenue Jumped 49% & Customer Count Up 35%
The inbound marketing software company is gaining momentum, but still reporting losses overall.
- Twitter Acquires Niche, A Link Between Brands & Video Creators
By bringing Niche into the fold, Twitter gains a direct relationship with more than 6,000 popular video creators.
- IKEA Solves Household Clutter And Discord With Emoticon App
The Swedish furniture company bets that mobile users will want to include its emoticons in their messaging.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- AdWords Success for 2015: Conversion Tips from Inside Experts
- 10 WordPress SEO Questions That Took Me 10 Years To Answer!
- Now It’s Expedia Vs. Priceline As Orbitz Swallowed For $1.6 Billion
- Google’s Search Impact Report Goes Live For Select Few Webmasters
- AdWords Scripts Bulks Up With Bulk File Uploads
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Are You Looking at the Best Marketing Metrics?, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Big Data On The Keyboard, techcrunch.com
- KPIs vs Metrics, www.e-nor.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 4 Bombproof Formulas for Openings That Grab Readers and Don’t Let Go, boostblogtraffic.com
- 8 Blog Topic Generators for Blog Post Idea Inspiration, www.wordstream.com
- Fix Your Bounce Rate By Learning From This Top Bloggers Critical Mistakes, www.matthewwoodward.co.uk
- BuzzFeed Poaches Tumblr Exec Lee Brown for CRO Position, adage.com
- Dropbox’s New CFO Signals IPO Aspirations, blogs.wsj.com
- 10 Quick Tips for Going Viral, www.problogger.net
- 4 Content Lessons from Leading Blogs, for 2015, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Millennials and Media: Why Brands That Don’t Publish Are in Big Trouble, contently.com
- Transparency Reveals Great Content Opportunity, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Conversion Goal? It Depends on Your Business Model, blog.crazyegg.com
- How to Recognize Great Conversion Optimization People, conversionxl.com
- Local Business Conversion Optimization: 3 Ad Personalization Rules to Live By, searchenginewatch.com
- Still haven’t A/B tested font-size on your website? You could score 32% more clicks!, vwo.com
- Want More Traffic That Actually Converts? Follow These 4 Steps, backlinko.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 4 Expert Tips for Writing Landing Page Copy That Doesn’t Suck, unbounce.com
- Showcasing A Human-Centered Design Process, www.smashingmagazine.com
- Your Website Survey is Ruining My Life, www.jeffalytics.com
Display & Contextual Advertising
- Why Marketers and Context Have to Be BFFs, blog.movableink.com
- Texas Rangers get Rangers.com for $375k, MLB now missing just 3 team names, domainnamewire.com
- Alibaba “isn’t too big to fail” Ma tells China regulator, www.internetretailer.com
- Kanye vs. Kim: Who wins at digital retail?, digiday.com
- Mobile Is Still for Upper-Funnel Shopping Activities, www.emarketer.com
- Reinventing the Customer Engagement with Experience-Driven Commerce, www.getelastic.com
- What Do Top E-Commerce Companies Have in Common? (Hint: It’s NOT a High Conversion Rate), www.wordstream.com
- 5 Tips to Creating a Sense of Urgency in Your Writing and Emails, www.verticalresponse.com
- 8 Obstacles to Email List Growth (According to Marketers Worldwide), www.adweek.com
- Email Marketing Goals to Set For 2015, www.techwyse.com
- Extend Retargeting Campaigns with Your CRM Email Lists, blog.adroll.com
- How to Make a Great Looking Email, blogs.constantcontact.com
- The Email List Building Nemesis: Churn Rate, blog.getresponse.com
- Why Brands Need to Conquer Their Fears and Use Email to Distribute Content, contently.com
General Internet Marketing
- 5 offline lessons for digital marketers building online communities, digiday.com
- Are we on the cusp of a new golden age for marketing?, econsultancy.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- adMarketplace Partners with AutoWeb, www.businesswire.com
- Bitly Strengthens Executive Lineup With New Chief Product Officer, www.prnewswire.com
- comScore and Kantar Announce Strategic Global Partnership, www.comscore.com
- Insightpool Acquires Next Principles to Evolve Social Selling, www.businesswire.com
- NewsCred Study Reveals 62% of Millennials Feel Online Content Drives Brand Loyalty, www.businesswire.com
- Smith Micro Offers a Personal Approach to Mobile Marketing with New NetWise Captivate, www.smithmicro.com
- Visible Measures Offers 100% Viewable Video Solution, www.visiblemeasures.com
- Apple Watch is about to crush Android’s toehold on the wearable market, qz.com
- Cost-Per-Install For App Developers, performinsider.com
- Fashion brands struggle for innovation in mobile marketing efforts, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Install the best new iPhone and iPad apps from Pinerest, blog.pinterest.com
- Mobile wallets are more marketing channel than payments topic, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- 15 Crucial Social Media Mistakes You May Be Making, www.iblogzone.com
- 3 Things You Need to Know About The State of Social Media Marketing, www.impactbnd.com
- 4 Steps to Running a Successful Twitter Chat, blog.marketo.com
- 7 Hashtags Turned Bashtags: Lessons Learned, www.searchenginepeople.com
- 9 B2B Social Media Marketing Tips for Social Media Managers, blog.hootsuite.com
- Are Your Social Media Assumptions Preventing Success?, simplymeasured.com
- Changes to LinkedIn’s Developer Program, developer.linkedin.com
- Get More Retweets with These Mega Powerful Twitter Secrets, smallbiztrends.com
- How one man could have deleted every photo on Facebook, nakedsecurity.sophos.com
- How the Big 4 Social Platforms Differ: Members vs. Visitors, www.marketingprofs.com
- Remember When I Said I Quit Facebook?, chrisbrogan.com
- Snapchat opens the floodgates to publishers and brands, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- The Perfect Pinterest Formula for Growing Your Following, www.marketingprofs.com
- The Secrets of Social’s Smart Storytellers, www.socialbakers.com
- Three Important Metrics to Analyse Your Twitter Activity, blog.ahrefs.com
- Using Social Media for Customer Service Success, www.toprankblog.com
- Using Social Media to Make Your Event Sing, www.compukol.com
- We Use More Happy Words Than Sad Words, Says Twitter Study, www.adweek.com
- You can now designate an heir to your Facebook account, qz.com
- How-to Block Spam Comments on YouTube, www.reelseo.com
- Programmatic Video’s Huge Growth Rate, adexchanger.com
- YouTube Monitoring Update Coming Soon, blog.raventools.com
- YouTube Radio, Google Operating System
- How-to Optimize Email Settings for Your YouTube Channel, www.reelseo.com