Mobile Apps, Beacons, SEO & More: Marketing Land’s Top 10 Mobile Marketing Columns Of The Year
There's no question that 2014 was -- finally -- the year of mobile, as once-just-talked-about technologies and consumer behaviors arrived in the mainstream.
Mobile devices and consumers’ rapid adoption of them are affecting all aspects of digital marketing, as people increasingly seek to engage with brands on their smartphones or tablets.
With developments like “showrooming,” “second-screening,” hyperlocal targeting and mobile wallets capturing marketers’ attention, our expert columnists provided a wealth of information and insight in 2014.
Following, the top 10 most popular Mobile Marketing columns of the year.
- Walmart’s New Savings Catcher: The Killer App by Aaron Strout on 8/22/14. 452 social shares across all platforms.
- Push Mobile Marketing — App Notifications Vs. Messaging by Cezar Kolodziej on 1/23/14. 446 social shares across all platforms.
- Location-Based Mobile Marketing Is Where It’s At For Consumers by Lynn Baus on 2/20/14. 577 social shares across all platforms.
- What 2014 Holds For Mobile Marketing: 5 Predictions by Aaron Strout on 1/9/14. 859 social shares across all platforms.
- Yelp Versus Foursquare? Who’s Winning In Mobile/Local For Marketers? by Aaron Strout on 4/3/14. 469 social shares across all platforms.
- Google Wallet & Apple Passbook: A Brand’s Next Best Friends by Cezar Kolodziej on 4/24/14. 327 social shares across all platforms.
- From Coffee To Mobile King: How Starbucks Serves Up Its Mobile Strategy by Soo Jin Oh on 9/11/14. 463 social shares across all platforms.
- 5 Ways The Apple Watch Changes Marketing by Daniel Cristo on 9/15/14. 520 social shares across all platforms.
- SEO Can’t Be Done Without Mobile SEO by Bryson Meunier on 1/16/14. 464 social shares across all platforms.
- How You Can Use Geo-Location To Turn Mobile Traffic Into Offline Gold by Lynn Baus on 5/2/14. 951 social shares across all platforms.
Methodology: Columns published in 2014 are ranked in order of pageviews measured by Google Analytics. Data was gathered on December 4 and include all columns published through December 3, 2014.