Marketing Day: Twitter’s video showcase, Automattic’s .blog domains & more
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Amid talk of a possible sale, Marketo announces upcoming next-gen platform that is built for the Internet of Things era
May 13, 2016 by Barry Levine
The marketing automation platform is boosting its account-based marketing capability and adding more intelligence to email marketing.
- Report: Most iOS app store revenue goes to top 1 percent of publishers
May 13, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Top 1 percent also capture 70 percent of App Store downloads.
- The true value of technical SEOs
May 13, 2016 by Patrick Stox
While many view technical SEO as a simple matter of implementing best practices on a website, columnist Patrick Stox argues that the best practitioners are doing cutting-edge work that will shape the industry’s future.
- SEM ad copy tips that you may find scary
May 13, 2016 by Brett Middleton
Trying new things can sometimes be frightening for paid search marketers, but columnist Brett Middleton argues that leaving your comfort zone is the key to differentiating your brand and obtaining qualified traffic.
- Three ways to deliver future-focused digital advertising
May 13, 2016 by Alex LePage
Columnist Alex LePage explains how marketers can keep abreast of changing consumer behavior and take advantage of the tools at hand to ensure a bright future for digital advertising.
- Inside Twitter’s video showcase at Tastemade’s Los Angeles studio
May 13, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Twitter hosted an event at digital video network Tastemade’s Santa Monica, California, studio to spotlight its video products, such as Periscope and Vine.
- Which trend-setters will shape back-to-school marketing in 2016?
May 13, 2016 by Adam Weiss
Believe it or not, it’s not too soon to start planning your back-to-school marketing strategy. Columnist Adam Weiss says now is the time to engage the right influencers to ensure a successful back-to-school shopping season.
- Automattic to offer .blog domain names, WordPress not required
May 13, 2016 by Matt McGee
New top-level domain will open for registrations later this year. Pricing not announced yet.
- Mark Zuckerberg responds to Facebook Trending Topics allegations
May 13, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Facebook is a platform to share all voices, and Mark Zuckerberg is determined to keep that up by inviting politicians to become involved in shaping the future of the social network.
- Android grows its share vs. iOS, Windows in all major markets [Report]
May 12, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Many Windows Phone users are making the jump to Android in Europe and elsewhere.
- Tune study: Overwhelming number of mobile users won’t pay even $1/year for content
May 12, 2016 by Barry Levine
Only 4.5 percent of users would account for more than 80 percent of voluntary payments — which would be 9 percent of what mobile web publishers now get from ads.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Google: No “current plans” for ads in Gboard
- The SEM agency is dying (and what to do about it)
- Google testing a carousel of Sitelink cards in search ads
- Search in Pics: Gboard team, Google Boston’s vintage arcade room & new weight training room
- Bug? Google Sitemap index counts drop across Search Console reports
- NFL-YouTube deal will bring highlight videos & related news directly into Google search results
- Report: 2 years in, 75 percent of Right to Be Forgotten asks denied by Google
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Google for Work head Amit Singh moves to the company’s VR division, venturebeat.com
- Eight Ways Planning Will Make You a Better Content Marketer, www.marketingprofs.com
- The Content Marketing Continuum: How to Create Content to Meet Customers’ Needs, www.copyblogger.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Design In The Age Of The App Icon, www.fastcodesign.com
- How to choose the right participants for your UX research, www.usertesting.com
- 10 Easy Steps to Reduce Shopping Cart Abandonment, multichannelmerchant.com
- Amazon just released a Dash button for AWS IoT, venturebeat.com
- Etsy Names Chief Operating Officer, www.wsj.com
- How small and midsize e-commerce players find an edge, www.internetretailer.com
- Natural Language Generation Is Coming to Ecommerce, multichannelmerchant.com
- Online Marketplaces Account for Majority of On-Demand Economy, www.emarketer.com
- People will eventually buy their designer clothing on Amazon, because they buy everything there, qz.com
- 5 Ways Email Marketers can Profit from Mobile Addiction, www.martechadvisor.com
- Email List Segmentation: How Much is Too Much? Not Enough?, thedma.org
- Email Marketing: Tips for Preheaders, Emojis, www.practicalecommerce.com
- How Email Segmentation Sustains Customer Loyalty, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Segmentation Strategies for Super-Targeted Email Marketing, www.wordstream.com
General Internet Marketing
- “Who Pays Influencers?” A new site crowdsources influencer marketing rates, digiday.com
- 5 reasons why influencer marketing has emerged as today’s go-to strategy, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- 7 Ways to Market to an 8-Second Attention Span, www.cmswire.com
- How to optimise your personalisation efforts with segmentation, econsultancy.com
- The Biggest Missed Opportunity in Influencer Marketing, contently.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- New Partnerships Announced for Mobile-First Programmatic Video, www.inmobi.com
- MarTech Lessons From Your DAM Marketing Dinner Party, www.cmswire.com
- 5 Ways to Detect and Prevent Mobile Ad Fraud, www.tune.com
- Enter the Matrix: App Retention and Engagement, flurrymobile.tumblr.com
- Location-based experiences are finding their way into every industry, venturebeat.com
- Making wearables more useful and smart homes less of a chore, techcrunch.com
- Marketers need to push for quality mobile content, www.mobilemarketer.com
- Will Messaging Bots Eat Mobile Apps? We Ask Uber’s Chris Messina, www.tune.com
- The 10 Most Authentic Global Brands, www.marketingprofs.com
- Brand Advocacy: Why 45% of Social Media Strategists Say You Need It, www.bruceclay.com
- Data-driven #Pinterest Targeting Tactics FOUND, aimClear Blog
- How Little Things grew to 50 million users, digiday.com
- Level Up Your Marketing Strategy With Social Listening, simplymeasured.com
- Snapchat and Podcasting Growth: What the Research Reveals, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Twitter’s Neighborhood Tech Center – For Its Own Neighborhood – Turns One, www.fastcompany.com
- Young users aren’t fans of targeted social ads: Report, econsultancy.com
- 5 Brand-Building Ways to Use Periscope, www.adweek.com
- CMO One-to-One: Ensuring Brands’ Video Ads Are Seen Across Screens as TV, Digital Converge, www.emarketer.com
- Facebook Will Soon Be Showing 360-Degree Photos In Your Stream, www.fastcompany.com
- Machine learning for video transcoding, youtube-eng.blogspot.com
- US Video Advertisers Focus on Omnichannel Campaigns, www.emarketer.com
- Video Marketing: Electronics retailer injects fun into product tutorials to achieve 1.75% purchase rate, sherpablog.marketingsherpa.com
- Video On Instagram Helping Small Business Showcase Products, smallbiztrends.com
- Vine Stars Are Leaving for Facebook and Other Platforms, www.wsj.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.