Marketing Day: Super Bowl LII brands, Burger King’s net neutrality ad & Facebook’s CMO retires
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Will AMP improve your rankings? How to set up an AMP test
Jan 24, 2018 by Stephanie LeVonne
Wondering if AMP is worth the investment? Columnist Stephanie LeVonne walks through how to set up a test to determine what kind of boost, if any, you can expect from implementing AMP across your mobile site.
- How AI can uncover new insights and drive SEO performance
Jan 24, 2018 by Jim Yu
Columnist Jim Yu believes that by incorporating the power of artificial intelligence (AI) and deep learning, search marketers can move beyond simple observations and find new patterns in user behavior.
- The Super Bowl LII advertisers ready to play: Returning brands, newcomers & a handful of teaser ads
Jan 24, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
This year’s Super Bowl will include a mix of debut advertisers, along with long-standing Super Bowl sponsors like Budweiser, Pepsi and Doritos.
- Reach score: A suggested standard for local marketing
Jan 24, 2018 by Megan Hannay
Measuring reach for local events and nonprofits can be challenging. Columnist Megan Hannay dives into metrics such as social media following and event attendees to get a better grasp of the whole picture.
- Burger King Whopper-splains net neutrality’s repeal in new ad
Jan 24, 2018 by Tim Peterson
Net neutrality may be too abstract an issue for many people to revolt at its repeal. So the brand illustrated it in language Americans can grasp: fast food.
- A new era of personalization: The hyperconnected customer experience
Jan 24, 2018 by Andy Betts
In the age of the hyperconnected consumer, delivering a personalized experience is key. Columnist Andy Betts shares three ways to engage and resonate with your audience.
- 15 PPC pro tips for writing text ads
Jan 23, 2018 by Pauline Jakober
Want to know how to write great paid search ads? Columnist Pauline Jakober shares some tips from her years of experience writing PPC ad copy.
- 3 SEO tasks to start 2018 off with a bang
Jan 23, 2018 by Jeremy Knauff
Wondering where to focus your efforts this year in order to gain an edge over your competitors? Columnist Jeremy Knauff has some ideas.
- How companies are using chatbots for marketing: Use cases and inspiration
Jan 23, 2018 by Daniel Faggella
In Part 1 of a series, columnist Daniel Faggella shares two use cases of companies that are using chatbots to improve their marketing and sales, explaining what you can learn from them.
- Facebook CMO Gary Briggs is retiring
Jan 23, 2018 by Tim Peterson
The former Google marketer oversaw Facebook’s first foray into TV advertising and leaves at a time when the company’s brand could use some help.
- Google AdSense adds style automation for native in-feed ads
Jan 23, 2018 by Ginny Marvin
The new option aims to match the look and feel of a publisher’s feed automatically.
Recent Headlines From MarTech, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- Side by side: Comparing two performance marketing tools/agencies
Jan 24, 2018 by Andreas Reiffen
Columnist Andreas Reiffen shares his method for testing two different AdWords tools/agencies — a process which could also be applied to test different campaign strategies.
- With push notifications, there’s always room for improvement
Jan 24, 2018 by Kristin Cronin
Push notifications have made some positive headway over the past few years, but there’s clearly still room for improvement. Columnist Kristin Cronin offers tips on how to up your push game without pushing users away.
- Marketing operations 2.0: Defining the new organizational structure
Jan 24, 2018 by Debbie Qaqish
What does the org chart for a successful marketing operations (MO) team look like? Columnist Debbie Qaqish takes a look at the characteristics that make up a strategic MO structure.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 10 practical questions marketers should ask themselves this year, Econsultancy
- 6 Reasons to NOT Ignore Amazon as a Content Platform, Marketo
- AR: Lessons learned so far and where the tech could be headed, Mobile Marketer
- As 2018 Gets Under Way, Digital Ad Execs Are Worried About These Five Issues, AdExchanger
- In a Mobile-First World, Shorter Video Ads Drive Results, Facebook Business
- Mobile Ecommerce Design: How to Optimize with 10 Best Practices, Shopify
- Put the Customer at the Heart of Your Content Strategy, Movable Ink
- What Are the Implications of Amazon’s Platform Dominance?, CMS Wire
- What’s Going to Happen in Video Marketing in 2018?, MarketingProfs
- YouTube Investing $5 Million in Creators Promoting “Empathy”, Variety
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.