Marketing Day: Facebook adds gaming features, Cyber Monday reports & more
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- 7 major mistakes that will derail your CMS project (and how to avoid them)
Nov 29, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Moving to a new CMS is a large endeavor that requires the support and participation from many in your organization. This e-book from eZ Systems provides advice and breaks down the challenges you will inevitably face on your way to building a successful CMS project.
- PPC buyer beware: 3 seedy tactics agencies or consultants use to scare you into services
Nov 29, 2016 by Pauline Jakober
Wondering if an email or phone call from a PPC agency is legit? Columnist Pauline Jakober shares some tips for weeding out the scammers.
- Facebook adds gaming inside Messenger, News Feed
Nov 29, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Facebook adds video games to the list of things that people can do without needing to leave Facebook.
- Report: Cyber-Monday was the largest ecommerce day in history
Nov 29, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Nearly $3.4 billion spent online according to data from Adobe.
- SEO without search results is here with Google Assistant, Home and Amazon Echo. Here’s how to survive.
Nov 29, 2016 by Bryson Meunier
Columnist Bryson Meunier discusses how the rise of digital assistants will impact how search engine optimization is performed.
- Share your obsession with SEO & SEM as a team & score BIG at SMX West
Nov 29, 2016 by Marketing Land
Do you manage the search marketing team at your company or agency? Sister site Search Engine Land’s SMX West is the ultimate team-building experience. Members will get must-know SEO, SEM, mobile and conversion optimization tactics at more than 50 sessions and from 100 expert presenters.
- Lessons learned from Black Friday and Cyber Monday: Retailers must be open to change
Nov 29, 2016 by John Donnelly III
Look at how consumers really feel about Black Friday and take their sentiments into account for your rest-of-the-season marketing. Columnist John Donnelly III shares social media insights related to the annual brick-and-mortar mainstay.
- Psychology and personalization: two P’s in a pod
Nov 29, 2016 by James Green
Guest contributor Tyler Marcum of Magnetic discusses the power of personalization in creating more effective digital marketing strategies.
- 6 ways marketers try to manipulate subscribers and why we should stop
Nov 29, 2016 by Chad White
Don’t underestimate the intelligence of your subscribers. Columnist Chad White describes six email marketing manipulations and explains why they’re misguided.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Choosing the right error metric for your predictive model, www.cardinalpath.com
- How Fixing Client Analytics Can Help Agencies Sell More, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Rethinking Marketing Measurement from the Ground Up, analytics.googleblog.com
Blogs & Blogging
- Blogging Benchmarks: Writing Time, Post Length, and Media Use, www.marketingprofs.com
- Five Steps to Integrating Your Blog, Social Media, and Email Marketing, www.marketingprofs.com
- 15 Tools To Manage Your Editorial Content Calendar, www.searchenginepeople.com
- 5 Common Questions Many People Have About Content Marketing, www.toprankblog.com
- B2B White Paper Content Marketing Strategy, www.copypress.com
- Build Your Content Strategy from The Foundation Up, www.martechadvisor.com
- Content Marketing ROI: A Formula for Any Type of Organization, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- More publishers turn to content-recommendation networks, digiday.com
- Structured Content Gives Companies Room to Scale, www.cmswire.com
- The 11 Best Social Media Automation Tools For Content Marketers, www.jeffbullas.com
- Why All Brands Need an Editorial Workflow, contently.com
- A 4-Fold Approach to Increasing Conversion Rate on your Website, vwo.com
- UX Benchmarking: What Good Is It for Conversion Optimization?, conversionxl.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Corporate Vs. Design Agency: Perks And Pitfalls For UX Designers, usabilitygeek.com
- Top Web Design Trends for 2017, www.cmswire.com
- 3 Reasons Your Brand Should Ditch the Dot-Com, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Amazon expands its online gift shop “Interesting Finds,” adds human curation, TechCrunch
- Consumers buzz about Black Friday and Cyber Monday online, www.internetretailer.com
- Dispelling myths about ecommerce fraud, www.internetretailer.com
- Getting the Most from Amazon Sponsored Products, www.practicalecommerce.com
- How to Sell Online As Effectively As In Person, smallbiztrends.com
- Why the biggest generation in history is your biggest ecommerce opportunity, venturebeat.com
- 14 ridiculously good emails from Cyber Monday 2016, myemma.com
- 2016 EMAIL MARKETING STATISTICS for Small Businesses, smallbiztrends.com
- Holiday Email Report: Pre-Black Friday (Nov. 14 – Nov. 21), movableink.com
- Testing “From” Fields in Email Marketing Messages, www.seerinteractive.com
General Internet Marketing
- 4 Event Marketing Strategy Digital Must-Haves, blog.epicosity.com
- Optimizing Marketing Resources – What to Automate and What Your Team Needs to Handle, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- The Most Effective Form of Digital Marketing Today, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- What are the most effective channels for influencer marketing?, econsultancy.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Taptica Recognized as a 2016 Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Company, www.marketwired.com
- A Marketer’s Guide to Facebook Messenger Bots, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Among Marketers, IoT Is Seen as Critical Emerging Technology, www.emarketer.com
- Using Chatbots to Improve the Customer Experience, streetfightmag.com
- It’s Time to Take Facebook Seriously for Location Marketing, www.adweek.com
- Marketers Focusing on Mobile and Consumer-Generated Content Strategies into 2017, www.martechadvisor.com
- More Than a Quarter of the World Will Use Mobile Messaging Apps by 2019, www.emarketer.com
- Beautiful photos for your computer and phone, blog.google
- The Guardian has moved to https, www.theguardian.com
- 7 Ironclad Reasons Snapchat Stories are Superior to Instagram Stories, smallbiztrends.com
- Facebook’s Algorithm Has Unprecedented Power. Here’s How We Need to Respond, contently.com
- For Most Small Businesses, Social Is Top Marketing Tactic, www.emarketer.com
- Here’s How Much Engagement Holiday Retailers Are Getting in Social Media So Far, www.adweek.com
- How Does Snapchat Make Money?, mediakix.com
- How I Use Facebook Groups To Grow My Business, www.fastcompany.com
- How Instagram recruits college football teams to market Stories, digiday.com
- How much Twitter influence do the top 10 companies in the Fortune 500 hold?, blog.majestic.com
- How to Create a Social Media Content Calendar for a Year, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- How to Use Twitter Analytics to Improve Your Marketing, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- LinkedIn Conversions Not Reporting?, www.clixmarketing.com
- Utilizing Social Media to Empower Your Business, multichannelmerchant.com
- What to Pin in December (in the run up to Christmas and the New Year), blog.tailwindapp.com
- What’s the Value of a Hashtag? The Pros and Cons for Marketers, multichannelmerchant.com
- With its newest invention, Facebook aims to become the world’s largest charity fund-raising platform, qz.com
- How Facebook Video Grew For Publishers In 2016, www.newswhip.com
- Twitter turbocharges live video credentials with Disney partnership on ‘Rogue One: A Star Wars Story’, venturebeat.com
- Why YouTube’s biggest stars keep quitting, www.theverge.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.