MarTech Today: Targeting purchase histories, implementing marketing automation & chatbots’ year of growing pains
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on MarTech Today, MarTech and other places across the web. From MarTech Today: Through Affinity Solutions, brands can now target the purchase histories of customers from 4000 banks Mar 28, 2017 by Barry Levine Today’s launch of its Marketing Cloud makes these histories available […]
Barry Levine on March 29, 2017 at 9:00 am | Reading time: 3 minutes
From MarTech Today:
- Through Affinity Solutions, brands can now target the purchase histories of customers from 4000 banks
Mar 28, 2017 by Barry Levine
Today’s launch of its Marketing Cloud makes these histories available for predictive marketing and sales attribution.
- How changes to consumer privacy law might impact marketers and martech
Mar 28, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Abdication of consumer privacy protection in Washington could cause states to jump into the fray.
- Marketing automation struggles to reach its full potential
Mar 28, 2017 by Mary Wallace
Marketers are rushing to adopt marketing automation platforms, but many are unable to implement it effectively. Columnist Mary Wallace explores the reasons for this.
- The new marketing mindset
Mar 28, 2017 by Justin Dunham
Columnist Justin Dunham believes that it’s crucial for marketers to understand and work with digital marketing technology — and that means that in order to get the most out of such tools, we need to develop practices that help us use them effectively.
From Marketing Land:
- Attend SMX Advanced for SEO & SEM tactics that work. Rates increase next week!
Mar 28, 2017 by Marketing Land
For the past 10 years, search marketers have purchased every available seat for SMX Advanced. This year will be no different. Don’t miss this once-a-year opportunity to attend the only advanced search marketing conference, June 13-14 in Seattle! SMX Advanced is designed and programmed for advanced search marketers like you.
- SMX West session: Harnessing the power of online reviews
Mar 28, 2017 by Greg Gifford
Columnist Greg Gifford recaps a session by Thomas Ballantyne about the value of online reviews, showing why businesses need to start thinking about them if they aren’t already.
- Pay-per-visit mobile ad model uses AI to predict store visitation
Mar 28, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Blis will charge marketers only for targeted customers who have gone into a store.
- Facebook brings more Snapchat functionality into its mobile app
Mar 28, 2017 by Tamar Weinberg
Facebook has come out with a variety of features to enhance videos and pictures that continue to blur the lines between it and Snapchat.
- Inside chatbots’ year of growing pains: ‘We’re at an inflection point’
Mar 28, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Chatbots in apps like Facebook’s Messenger and Kik have struggled to live up to the hype, but that might actually help them succeed.
From Around The Web:
- Amazon completes its first public US drone delivery, Retail Dive
- Acxiom and Viant Strengthen Partnership and Integration, Business Wire
- ShopKeep Announces BigCommerce Integration, Business Wire
- Adobe Technology Is Worth the Effort, Marketing Cloud Customers Say, CMS Wire
- How we built our Facebook chatbot: What does it do, and what’s the point?, Econsultancy
- The Difference Between AdTech and MarTech, Digiday
- The Need for MarTech and Business Integration, MarTech Advisor
- Google Home and Wifi arrive in the UK, The Official Google Blog
- With connected devices, a smarter home is just an “Ok Google” away, The Official Google Blog
- Now people can download your app directly from Pinterest, Pinterest for Business
- The winners and losers of Facebook’s dive into header bidding, Digiday
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.
New on MarTech