MarTech Today: Net Neutrality repeal defies public support, GDPR liability fears & CMO’s guide to AI’s marketing impact
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on MarTech Today, MarTech and other places across the web. From MarTech Today: FCC Net Neutrality repeal defies public support, legal battle looms ahead Nov 28, 2017 by Greg Sterling Critics of the impending repeal point to Portugal’s bundling and tiered internet pricing as […]
Barry Levine on November 29, 2017 at 9:00 am | Reading time: 2 minutes
From MarTech Today:
- FCC Net Neutrality repeal defies public support, legal battle looms ahead
Nov 28, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Critics of the impending repeal point to Portugal’s bundling and tiered internet pricing as an example of what the US market will likely look like.
- GDPR enforcement may be driven by fears of liability
Nov 28, 2017 by Barry Levine
But its implementation could be hampered by a lack of clarity about exactly what kinds of consumer data it covers.
- The CMO’s guide to AI’s marketing impact for 2018
Nov 28, 2017 by Andy Betts
Though AI in marketing is still an intangible concept for many CMOs, it will be here before you know it. Columnist Andy Betts explains how you can prepare.
- Registration for MarTech is open!
Nov 28, 2017 by MarTech Today
MarTech returns to the West Coast on April 23-25 with martech experts, awesome keynotes, and an expanded Expo Hall experience that drops you directly into the center of the martech landscape! As the industry matures, 2018 brings more change and innovation. Increasing martech adoption is impacting marketers in diverse areas such as marketing automation, machine […]
- Retailers, software might be eating your lunch, but it won’t eat everything
Nov 28, 2017 by Chuck Moran
With closures and tech shifts, it looks like hard times for brick-and-mortar retailers. But columnist Chuck Moran says they need to take a page from digital advertising and understand that the human touch still matters.
From Marketing Land:
- Facebook tests tool to make it easier for businesses to send message blasts on Messenger
Nov 28, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Messenger Broadcast appears to be the self-serve version of Messenger’s Broadcast API that enables businesses to message multiple accounts.
From Around The Web:
- Alexa developers can now use notifications, soon personalize apps based on users’ voices, TechCrunch
- Does the Perfect Email Template Exist? We Used Data to Find Out, MailChimp
- It’s Time to Embrace Performance Marketing, Not Programmatic, Convince and Convert
- Mobile App Personalization: How To Do It Right, Usability Geek
- YouTube Go is now out of beta, Android Police
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.