Marketing Day: Verizon To Buy AOL, What Counts As A Video View & A “State Of The Web” CMS Report
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Nissan To Award Altima To The Winner Of Its #AltimaChaseSweeps Social Scavenger Hunt
The car brand is leading interested consumers on a three-week scavenger hunt, delivering clues via its social media presences.
- How The Right Social Insights Can Boost Your Click-Through Rates
The real value of social data is what it can tell you about the interests of your customers and prospects, says columnist John Donnelly III.
- Millennial Media, 33Across Go All In On 100 Percent Viewability
Both companies are using Integral Ad Science to verify viewability and get ahead of the industry as it transitions to charging advertisers for ads that are seen.
- Gigya Launches App Exchange for Customer Identity Management
Identity management firm opens IDX Marketplace to highlight integrations with Adobe Campaign, hybris Software, Krux, Optimizely, Oracle Marketing Cloud and other marketing technology platforms.
- 8 Marketing Plan Differentiators That Will Make Your Strategy Pop
How do you help your brand stand out from the crowd? Columnist Sonny Ganguly offers up these tips for developing a marketing plan that shines.
- Verizon To Buy AOL For More Than $4B, Extend Into Digital Advertising, Video
As you’re already aware, Verizon Communications is buying AOL for roughly $4.4 billion.
- Bigcommerce Rolls Out Enterprise E-Commerce Platform To All
Designed for high-volume retailers, Bigcommerce Enterprise already used by major brands including Samsung, Marvel and Gibson.
- Content And SEO: Getting Basic With The Basics
What’s the point of churning out killer content if no one can ever find it? Columnist Rebecca Lieb explains why SEO and good content go hand in hand.
- What’s A Video View? On Facebook, Only 3 Seconds Vs. 30 At YouTube
The major social networks don’t agree on how to count video views; here’s a rundown of the sometimes slippery metric.
- Report: 78.8% Of Site Owners Use WordPress For Content Management
CodeGuard’s “State of the Web Report” found a large majority of its 250,000 SMB sites use WordPress over Joomla, Drupal and others.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- How To Build A Customer-Centric Keyword Strategy
- Link Building Never Ends
- Google: User Experience As A Ranking Signal Is Currently Only For Mobile Results, Not Desktop Results
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Data Convergence – The Marketing Glue For The Omni-Channel Reality, www.martechadvisor.com
- Email Client Monitor: Making the Most of Your Data, blog.returnpath.com
Blogs & Blogging
- Common WordPress Mistakes to Avoid in 2015, www.wpexplorer.com
- How We Grew The Canva Blog’s Traffic By 226.47%, blog.bufferapp.com
- Maximizing Your Content: 5 Ideas for Repurposing Blog Posts, www.komarketingassociates.com
- Google Confirms Cops Can Wiretap Your Hangouts, motherboard.vice.com
- Silicon Valley – the New Motor City?, blog.telemapics.com
- 12 useful content marketing examples from ecommerce brands, econsultancy.com
- 4 Great Content Marketing Examples in 2015, www.practicalecommerce.com
- 5 Content Curators That Are Transforming the Art of Sharing, contently.com
- 5 Stellar Thoughts on Marketing Your Ideas, www.copyblogger.com
- How to Stand Out in a Sea of Content, menwithpens.ca
- The Content Marketing Road Map – How to Build Your Own Content Marketing Plan, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- You Finally Achieved Content Virality! Now What?, moz.com
- 4 Tips To Convert Web Traffic into More Leads and Customers, www.jeffbullas.com
- How we Increased Conversion Rates 64% and Revenue 56% in One Week, ignitevisibility.com
- Our Top Picks for Your Conversion Optimization Toolkit, blog.crazyegg.com
- Vanity versus sanity metrics in conversion optimisation, econsultancy.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 15 Ethereal Examples of Ghost Buttons in Action, uxmag.com
- 3 Big Things that Will Happen to WordPress in the Near Future, wptavern.com
- 3 Questions You Need to Answer Before Launching a Microsite, contently.com
- Copywriting for Conversion in the Digital Age, 3qdigital.com
- Usability And Jargon: Can The Two Coexist?, usabilitygeek.com
- Using Consistency To Improve The User Experience Across Desktop And Mobile, usabilitygeek.com
- .sucks explains Sunrise Premium name change, domainincite.com
- Domain Holdings Publishes 2015 Q1 Report, www.domaininvesting.com
- 90% of retailers to tap gamification for omnichannel CRM shift, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Alibaba’s unparalleled rise has changed the face of global business, qz.com
- Digital Natives Demand a Retail Revolution, www.adweek.com
- eBay examines how much seller feedback matters to buyers, www.internetretailer.com
- How should ecommerce brands be using content?, econsultancy.com
- Second 500 newcomers skip ahead of their older rivals, www.internetretailer.com
- Smartphones Are Closing the Retail Ecommerce Device Gap, www.emarketer.com
- The Seven Most Efficient Marketing Techniques for Growing an E-Commerce Business, www.marketingprofs.com
- 29 Reasons to Use Email Marketing (As Told by Small Business Owners), blogs.constantcontact.com
- 3 Ways to Streamline Your Responsive Email Workflow, blog.movableink.com
- Four Tips for Carly Fiorina to Handle Email Marketing Right, adage.com
- How to Write a Cold Email That’ll Actually Get a Response, blog.hubspot.com
- Want to Get More Out of Your Subject Lines? Try Testing., blog.returnpath.com
- Why Your Email Marketing Must Adapt to Recent Changes, www.marketingprofs.com
General Internet Marketing
- What CMOs need to do to earn their expanded role in business, www.convinceandconvert.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Influitive Revolutionizes B2B Communities With New Advocacy-Driven Solution, www.marketwired.com
- Teradata Announces Social Advertising Capability on Facebook, www.teradata.com
- Giga Hooks Into The Marketing Tech Ecosystem, adexchanger.com
- Tim Armstrong’s long bet on advertising technology, qz.com
- Will It Be a Summer of Consolidation in Ad Tech?, www.adweek.com
- 5 Questions to Ask of Your Web and Mobile Experiences, www.cmswire.com
- Google Debuts Its First Apple Watch App With “Google News & Weather”, TechCrunch
- Mobile accounts for more than half of online sales at QVC, www.internetretailer.com
- Mobile Marketing: How to Convert the Mobile Visitor, www.bruceclay.com
- The (few) publishers that get mobile ads right, digiday.com
- Wearables: The Next Employee Accessory?, www.emarketer.com
- Why Is the Local Market So Elusive for Tech Companies?, streetfightmag.com
- Building Brand Loyalty Using Social Media, www.goinflow.com
- Facebook still utterly, completely dominates social media use (at least in Britain), qz.com
- Here’s Why Your Social Content Isn’t Working, www.adweek.com
- How influencer marketing improves the reach of Instagram photo campaigns, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- How to Create Social Media Images That Connect With Your Audience, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- How to Use Facebook Advanced Location Targeting for More Engagement, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- How to Use Instagram to Promote Your Brand and Drive Sales, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Increasing The Performance of Your Twitter Marketing Campaigns With Personality Insights, www.socialbro.com
- Lessons From These 15 Epic Social Media Fails, www.searchenginejournal.com
- LinkedIn Opens Its Data Set to Third-Party Researchers, recode.net
- NBC Pulls Facebook Post After Sneaking in an Ad For Subway, www.adweek.com
- Pinterest and Tumblr are the fastest growing social networks, www.globalwebindex.net
- Pinterest SMB Chief: 2 of 3 Businesses on Site Have a Physical Store, streetfightmag.com
- Publishers Warily Embed With Facebook, www.wsj.com
- Social Media Advertising Tips for Beginners, www.toprankblog.com
- Taking Flight in 140 Characters or Less: Twitter Advertising 101, www.searchinfluence.com
- A Quick Guide to Reporting Freebooted Videos to Facebook, www.reelseo.com
- Periscope Decouples From Twitter To Let New Users Sign Up With A Phone Number, TechCrunch
- Reddit to Create Original Video Content – Starting With AMAs, www.adweek.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.