Marketing Day: UberMedia’s New Location Metric, LinkedIn Updates Its App & Yahoo News
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Mobile Marketer UberMedia Introduces The Concept Of “LROI”
Dec 2, 2015 by Greg Sterling
Mobile marketing platform UberMedia has coined a new term: “Location ROI” or “LROI.” In that context, the company is measuring and optimizing mobile media against offline store visits.
- Calling All Marketers, Developers & Growth Hackers — Send Your Team To MarTech!
Dec 2, 2015 by Marketing Land
Shared knowledge, experiences, vocabulary and vision: All foundational elements for building successful teams and maximizing your marketing technology investments. MarTech: The Marketing Technology Conference is the experience that will get everyone on the same page: marketers, technologists and those fluent in both disciplines.
- A CMO’s View: How The 208-Year Old Wiley Brand Went From Traditional To Digital Marketing
Dec 2, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
Wiley CMO Clay Stobaugh shares the challenges of leading a company founded in 1807 into the digital marketing age.
- Webcast Reminder: Search And The Local-Mobile Consumer
Dec 2, 2015 by Digital Marketing Depot
Search must be an integral part of a strong media strategy, but it isn’t a one-size-fits-all approach. Local consumers now use mobile technology more, which affects how marketers engage with — and convert — the local shopper.
- How To Create An Effective Content Marketing Strategy For 2016
Dec 2, 2015 by Steve Olenski
How do you continuously push out fresh content that engages your target audience? Columnist Steve Olenski discusses some ways to get your content marketing strategy on the right path.
- Transactional Email Provider SendGrid Continues Its Entry Into Marketing With Launch Of “Campaigns”
Dec 2, 2015 by Barry Levine
New mass emailing capabilities added to its recently launched Threads for triggered emails.
- When Brand Names Are Destroyed By Damaging Doppelgangers
Dec 2, 2015 by Chris Silver Smith
The ISIS chocolate company and the Tea Party Bookshop know a thing or two about unforeseen circumstances damaging a brand name. What should you do if it happens to you? Columnist Chris Silver Smith shares some tips.
- LinkedIn’s New “Voyager” App Gets Extreme Makeover & A More Streamlined Experience
Dec 2, 2015 by Greg Finn
New messaging, simple navigation and better integration headline the changes on the snappy new LinkedIn app.
- Personalization: Your Surefire Strategy To Increase Customer Engagement
Dec 2, 2015 by Josh Todd
Columnist Josh Todd explains why carefully targeting push notifications and gathering the right data are critical to engaging customers in the long term.
- HP Enterprise’s Aruba Releases Cloud-Based Beacon Management For Any Store’s WiFi
Dec 2, 2015 by Barry Levine
Company claims it now offers the most complete beacon package out there.
- Privacy Group: Google Spied On Students Using Chromebooks & Apps For Education
Dec 2, 2015 by Greg Sterling
The San Francisco-based non-profit Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) that says Google collected personal information and internet usage behavior of students using Chromebooks and Google Apps for Education beyond what is allowed for educational purposes in violation of the Student Privacy Pledge.
- Report: Yahoo Board Meets To Discuss Potential Sale Of Company
Dec 1, 2015 by Greg Sterling
This morning, a couple of articles appeared speculating about who could potentially succeed Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Evidence Of An Unconfirmed Google Update Happening On November 19th
- NORAD Santa Tracker Starts Its Countdown
- Organically Grown Email Lists — The Inside Track For Agencies
- Google Santa Tracker & Santa Village Go Live, Counting Down Days Until St. Nick Takes Flight
- Google’s Year Of Change Hits Mobile Retail
- Yahoo’s Top Searches In 2015: From Caitlyn Jenner To Ronda Rousey, Females Take Over The Top 10 List
- Four Tools To Break You Out Of The Keyword Research Box
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 4 Ways to Facilitate Affiliate Activation, www.amnavigator.com
- Being Calculated in Calculated Metric Use with Google Analytics, www.clixmarketing.com
- Facebook plans first Asia-Pacific data center in Taiwan, www.reuters.com
- Satya Nadella Says Microsoft Is “Very Focused” On Diversity, techcrunch.com
- Should Yahoo Sell Alibaba Stake or Its Core Web Business?, adage.com
- Where Will Mark Zuckerberg Direct His $45 Billion? Here Are Some Clues, blogs.wsj.com
- 20 Platforms to Build Dynamic, User-generated Content, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Ancestry Drives Sales, Not Awareness Via Content Marketing, adexchanger.com
- Content Connects Your Digital Experiences, www.cmswire.com
- The Tightwad’s Guide to Creating Competitive Content on a Budget, www.copyblogger.com
- Why Certain Pictures Make You Click on Awful Content, www.jeffbullas.com
- Why content is ‘not’ king and never has been, www.branded3.com
- 8 Ways You Can Use Social Proof for Higher Conversions, vwo.com
- A/B Testing Mastery: From Beginner To Pro, conversionxl.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 10 UX Tips For Your Next Website Redesign, usabilitygeek.com
- Easy Navigation, Speed Are Leading Website Performance Attributes, www.emarketer.com
- Why Content Reigns Supreme In UX Design, www.fastcodesign.com
Display & Contextual Advertising
- 8 Super Creative, Crazy Effective Display Ad Ideas, www.wordstream.com
- Is there a future for publishers and display ads?, econsultancy.com
- Domain Name Appraisal scam still making the rounds, domainnamewire.com
- 3 ‘Cyber Week’ takeaways for marketers, www.retaildive.com
- Online sales surge while in-stores sales drop to start the holidays, www.internetretailer.com
- 13 Cyber Monday emails that absolutely blew us away, myemma.com
- Email Marketing Trends in 2016, blog.movableink.com
- Fast Track Your Email ROI: Five Email Best Practices, thedma.org
- SendGrid Extends Email Platform with New Marketing Email Service, www.martechadvisor.com
- The Importance of Segmenting Your Email Lists, smallbiztrends.com
General Internet Marketing
- 5 Days of Deals: Marketing Takeaways from Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2015, www.silverpop.com
- A Visual Guide to Influencer Marketing, www.toprankblog.com
- Experience Counts – Especially in Marketing, www.cmswire.com
- Here’s the Only Marketing Trend You Need to Know for 2016, adage.com
- Why Brands Need to Acquire a Media Company, contentmarketinginstitute.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- British consumers dissatisfied with festive retail customer experience so far, www.eptica.com
- Chute Launches Instagram Trends Tool for Marketers, www.prweb.com
- Dave Grimaldi Appointed IAB Executive Vice President, www.iab.com
- Index Exchange Partners With Forensiq to Combat Ad Fraud, www.marketwired.com
- Lotame Appoints Chief Operating Officer Mike Woosley, www.lotame.com
- Vidyard Gains Momentum Among Marketo Users, www.vidyard.com
- Bluecore Marketing Automation Tool Secures $21M In Series B Funding, techcrunch.com
- Why One-Size Customer Engagement Automation Does Not Fit All, www.martechadvisor.com
- 2016: The year mobile advertising graduates, venturebeat.com
- Apple Puts iOS 9 Adoption At 70% Based On App Store Usage Numbers, techcrunch.com
- Cracking Mobile Commerce Myths, www.getelastic.com
- How Mobile Users Discover, Engage and Abandon Apps, www.adweek.com
- Mobile Ad Fraud Matures On Android, adexchanger.com
- Smartphones overtaking tablets as go-to mobile shopping device, www.retaildive.com
- Success, Growth Await Companies that Engage Emerging “Mobile-First” Markets, multichannelmerchant.com
- Tablet Ownership by Age, Gender, and Income, www.marketingprofs.com
- 5 Steps to Finding the Best Rating-and-Review Sites for Your Business, www.convinceandconvert.com
- When Your Reputation Is on the Line (and Online), www.marketingprofs.com
- 4 Fresh Facebook Shop Strategies to Incorporate For a Profitable 2016, company-enterprise.myshopify.com
- 5 Free Tips to Increase Your Instagram Followers, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Facebook, Twitter Remain Top Social Networks Used by US Companies, www.emarketer.com
- Females and felines are top 2015 Instagram stars, www.reuters.com
- How to Post Curated Content Across Multiple Social Platforms, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Is Facebook Driving Less Traffic to Publishers’ Sites?, www.wsj.com
- Is Your Hashtag Breaking the Law?, www.cmswire.com
- New Page Plugin Features: Events and Messages, developers.facebook.com
- Pinterest Visual Search Implications for Marketers & How it Works, www.seerinteractive.com
- Should We Be Marketing on Reddit?, 3qdigital.com
- Social Media in Japan: A Primer, multichannelmerchant.com
- Teens: Facebook Isn’t Cool, But We Still Use It, www.adweek.com
- The Instagram Dilemma: To Click or To Not Click-Through?, www.adweek.com
- The Ridiculously Smart Guide to Buying Legit Twitter Followers, moz.com
- Twitter wants to solve one of Apple TV’s most frustrating problems: tedious logins, venturebeat.com
- Optimal Video Length for YouTube and Facebook Videos, www.reelseo.com
- Turkey’s YouTube Ban Violated Freedom Of Expression, European Court Rules, www.fastcompany.com
- Video Killed the JPG Star, www.cmswire.com