Marketing Day: Twitter news, Tumblr launches live video & Instagram’s 500M users
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- 6 great takeaways from the Brands Talk Social Media #SocialPro keynote
Jun 21, 2016 by Matt McGee
Social media strategists from HTC, Microsoft, Docusign and Pabst Brewing talk about when it’s right to trendjack, when to adopt the latest social platform and more.
- Salesforce Pardot opens up Engagement Studio for general release
Jun 21, 2016 by Barry Levine
Streamlined manager for B2B customer journeys, previously available only in a closed beta, also includes several new features.
- The most important question to ask in local SEO
Jun 21, 2016 by Greg Gifford
Achieving outstanding local search results for your clients all comes down to one simple — yet essential — question. Columnist Greg Gifford explains how getting an authentic detailed answer will set you on the path to success.
- The voice search explosion and how it will change local search
Jun 21, 2016 by Wesley Young
Voice search usage is seeing unprecedented growth, with personal assistant devices leading the way. Columnist Wesley Young explores why this new medium is taking off, how it differs from keyword searches, and the challenges for local businesses to compete on yet another platform.
- Get the most out of your marketing automation investment
Jun 21, 2016 by Mary Wallace
Are you getting the most value out of your marketing automation platform? Columnist Mary Wallace explains why you should be using it to nurture quality leads.
- Do you need a marketing automation platform? Read this guide.
Jun 21, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
If you are to looking to adopt a marketing automation software platform, this guide will help you through the decision-making process.
- Twitter launches Engage, a companion app to provide stats on audiences
Jun 21, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Twitter launches Engage, an application for content creators with data analytics and post insights.
- Twitter, Vine extend video lengths and hint at new video revenue
Jun 21, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Twitter and Vine are extending their maximum video lengths to 140 seconds and hinting at new ways for the companies’ and their creators to make money.
- Tumblr’s live video strategy is syndicating services like YouTube and YouNow
Jun 21, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Instead of rolling out its own live video product, Tumblr will let people syndicate their live streams from YouTube, YouNow, AOL’s Kanvas and Betaworks-backed Upclose.
- 10 ways to increase your social media engagement like never before
Jun 21, 2016 by Jordan Kasteler
Columnist Jordan Kasteler dishes out his top tactics for getting your audience to like, share, click and comment on your social media posts.
- ABM platforms YesPath, Madison Logic jointly target visitors in their buying stages, across the Web
Jun 21, 2016 by Barry Levine
Through this partnership, YesPath expands its reach beyond a company’s website and informs the content or ads that Madison Logic delivers.
- Instagram by the numbers: 500 million members strong (and more)
Jun 21, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Instagram is now at half a billion users. Here’s the breakdown.
- Secrets for digital commerce success in 2016
Jun 21, 2016 by Jason Warnock
How do you stand out from the competition in the digital marketplace? Columnist Jason Warnock outlines three commerce strategies to help brands meet their goals and win over consumers.
- Yahoo Introduces new mobile ad format Tiles, focused on 360 images, video
Jun 21, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Richer ad user experience and new content focus seek to lift ad quality.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Big changes to device bidding in AdWords: What could they mean for your accounts?
- Discover the link between SEO data and influencer marketing
- Take this link and shove it
- Five insights your paid search team should be stealing from organic
- Google Search Console testing new mobile usability report
- Summer solstice and strawberry moon Google doodle marks first day of summer
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Cross-device tracking: accuracy versus reach, blog.affiliatewindow.com
- Apple news site MacNN is shutting down on July 1, venturebeat.com
- BuzzFeed Video Chief Ze Frank Tells Staff They Have It Good, adage.com
- Facebook shareholders vote to issue Class C shares that keep Zuckerberg in control, VentureBeat
- Spotify Looks to Ramp Up Ad Business, www.wsj.com
- 8 Pitfalls to Avoid with B2B Content Marketing, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Client Industry Immersion: The Key to Giving Your Content That Extra Oomph, www.komarketingassociates.com
- How to Build Your Thought Leadership With Content Marketing, www.verticalmeasures.com
- How to Think Like a Content Strategist, www.cmswire.com
- The Content Marketing Book of Answers: Strategy & Planning, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- The Risks and Rewards of Image-based Content Marketing Programs, www.martechadvisor.com
- The Tactical Guide To Promoting Your Content, www.searchenginepeople.com
- 3 Landing Page Mistakes Sabotaging Your ROI, blog.kissmetrics.com
- A Better Way to Track Online Conversions and Measure ROI, blog.crazyegg.com
- Optimizing When Conversions Are Few And Far Between, www.ppchero.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 53 Graphic Design Terms and Definitions for Non-Designers, blog.bufferapp.com
- Improving UX For Color-Blind Users, www.smashingmagazine.com
- Why UX Designers Should Ditch the Sidebar in 2016, usabilitygeek.com
Display & Contextual Advertising
- Clinton Campaign Attacks Trump Using a .Biz, www.thedomains.com
- 6 Easy Ways To Train Your In-House E-commerce Marketing Team, www.goinflow.com
- Ecommerce in India: Marketplaces, Cash on Delivery Dominate, www.practicalecommerce.com
- How e-retailers can protect customers, and themselves, from cyber thieves, www.internetretailer.com
- Why Large Retailers Are Acquiring Flash Sale Sites, multichannelmerchant.com
- Best practices for high-converting email signup forms, myemma.com
- What Can You Do With Gmail’s Promotions Tab?, www.reachmail.net
General Internet Marketing
- 5 Ways to Succeed in Digital Marketing with a Small Budget, 3qdigital.com
- Five Common Digital Media Mistakes and How to Avoid Them, www.copypress.com
- The do’s and don’ts of in-image ads, digiday.com
- Which Marketing Channels Deliver the Biggest Impact on ROI?, blog.kissmetrics.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Announcing Boomtrain’s Integration with Segment, boomtrain.com
- Connect Act! Premium with Hundreds of Popular Business Apps Using Zapier Embedded Within Act!, www.act.com
- Federated Media Expands Network of Content Creators Through Partnership with Tidal Labs, www.businesswire.com
- HookLogic Partners with Instacart, FreshDirect and Drugstore.com, www.prnewswire.com
- Immersion Announces TouchSense Design Cloud – The First Creative Tool for Haptics in Mobile Video, ir.immersion.com
- Introducing the 2016 State of Social Marketing Report, simplymeasured.com
- NewsCred Survey Reveals Marketer Disconnect: As Consumers They Rely On Content To Make Purchase Decisions, Yet Nearly 50% Of Their Budgets Still Go To Traditional Advertising, www.businesswire.com
- Olapic Launches “Content in Motion” New Digital Video Format for Social Ads, www.marketwatch.com
- 10 Ways to Bridge the CMO-CIO Gap to Drive Business Growth, www.marketingprofs.com
- Ad Tech Player Neustar Is Splitting Into 2 Public Companies, www.adweek.com
- Anchors aweigh! Ad tech has taken over Cannes with party yachts, digiday.com
- Microsoft buys LinkedIn: the largest martech acquisition in history?, chiefmartec.com
- Why Customer Journey Optimization Systems Will Replace Marketing Automation, www.martechadvisor.com
- DIY: Test your mobile site!, yoast.com
- How Are Female Shoppers Using Their Smartphones In-Store?, www.emarketer.com
- Introducing Radar, Your Virtual Travel Guide, yahoo.tumblr.com
- Running an effective SMS campaign in this environment, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- 12 Tips for Hosting a Successful Twitter Chat, www.toprankblog.com
- 4 Reasons Snapchat Lenses are a Genius Ad Product, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 5 Facebook Bidding Tactics to Beat Your Competition, www.adweek.com
- 59% Of Content Shared On Twitter Will Never Be Clicked, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 6 Publishing Tools From Facebook for Marketers, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 9 Time-Saving Tools for Social Media Marketers, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Check Out Instagram’s Art Installation About Creativity and Fluidity at Cannes, www.adweek.com
- Connected, We Can Create Anything: News from Facebook at Cannes Lions 2016, www.facebook.com
- Demystifying Social ROI in B2B Marketing, blog.marketo.com
- Do Facebook Ads Work? Find Out (for Free) with New Facebook Ad Tool, www.wordstream.com
- Facebook gives retailers more leeway to tell their stories, www.internetretailer.com
- Facebook hones a new pitch to jettisoned LiveRail customers, digiday.com
- Facebook’s Offline Conversions API is a big deal for merchants, econsultancy.com
- How Snapchat Can Expand Your Brand, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- How to Set Up Your First Instagram Ad, www.problogger.net
- Social Media Risk Management: How to Evaluate your Liability before it’s too Late, www.conversocial.com
- Social Sharing Does Help Build Loyal Audiences Online, www.newswhip.com
- Why Big Brands Are Suddenly Getting Cozy With Reddit, www.adweek.com
- 6 Reasons To Start Live Video Streaming Your Brand, www.forbes.com
- Celebrating the inspiring voices who are #ProudToBe, youtube.googleblog.com
- Facebook Signs Deals With Media Companies, Celebrities for Facebook Live, www.wsj.com
- How Grazia used Facebook Live to create its new community issue, econsultancy.com
- The Live Blog: June 20, 2016, media.fb.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.
New on MarTech