Marketing Day: Snapchat to reach $1B, Super Bowl 50 ad campaign results & more
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- How you can better communicate PPC industry updates to clients
Sep 6, 2016 by Matt Umbro
PPC is about more than just managing accounts — it’s about managing client relationships, too. Columnist Matt Umbro provides some advice for how to talk to your clients about industry updates and account issues.
- Is SEO right for your business?
Sep 6, 2016 by Marcus Miller
Search engine optimization (SEO) can deliver strong results for every client, but columnist Marcus Miller explains why it may not be right for every business or every situation.
- Pokémon Go generates sales from visiting game players, but the data’s predictive value may be overrated
Sep 6, 2016 by Barry Levine
A recent survey backs sales lift, but a data expert doubts the usefulness of tracking ‘anomalous’ visits.
- Don’t get duped by duplicate content: 8 quick checks for every SEO
Sep 6, 2016 by Stephanie LeVonne
Duplicate content can often arise without our knowledge, despite our best efforts to prevent it. Columnist Stephanie LeVonne shows how you can identify and fix it.
- Amp up your skills with an SEO or SEM workshop
Sep 6, 2016 by Marketing Land
Classes are in session, and not just for the kids. Polish your SEO & SEM skills at any of the four incredible full-day workshops on Monday, September 26. All workshops are held the day before SMX East kicks off in New York City.
- eMarketer: Snapchat on track for nearly $1 billion in ad revenues next year
Sep 6, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Discover Ads are generating 43 percent of Snapchat’s revenue today.
- Report: 32 percent of global page views now impacted by ad blocking
Sep 6, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Mobile traffic sees 3X the ad blocking rate of the desktop according to Blockmetry.
- 5 email marketing sound bites (and the deeper meaning behind them)
Sep 6, 2016 by Chad White
Columnist Chad White highlights the words worth repeating from a recent conference and offers his take on what marketers can learn from them.
- Can digital kill the television star?
Sep 6, 2016 by James Green
As more dollars and eyeballs shift to digital video, what does it mean for marketers? Columnist James Green takes a look at the rise of video advertising and people’s changing viewing habits.
- Super Bowl 50 follow-up: Campaign results from Hyundai, Apartments.com & Turbo Tax
Sep 6, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Aiming to lift brand awareness, three Super Bowl 50 advertisers share how their campaigns performed in the months following game day.
- How a Google Analytics change may be skewing your view of SEO’s value
Sep 5, 2016 by Janet Driscoll Miller
Columnist Janet Driscoll Miller explains why you might not be accurately accounting for organic search referrals since the upgrade to Universal Analytics — and details how to fix this issue.
- SEO request for proposal (RFP) questions: what to expect
Sep 5, 2016 by Clay Cazier
For agencies ready to go big-time or enterprises interested in putting SEO work out for bid, columnist Clay Cazier documents the top questions that appear in SEO RFPs.
- The dust has settled on AdWords expanded text ads. What now?
Sep 5, 2016 by Jason Puckett
Need to update your ad copy in light of recent AdWords changes? Columnist Jason Puckett explains his process for rolling out AdWords expanded text ads.
- Report: More than two-thirds of digital media time now mobile, apps 50 percent
Sep 5, 2016 by Greg Sterling
The desktop commands just 32 percent of our digital attention.
- 5 steps to optimize the back end of your sales funnel
Sep 5, 2016 by Daniel Faggella
How do you convert more leads into loyal customers? Columnist Daniel Faggella offers five strategies to help you maximize your conversion on the back end of your email campaigns.
- MobileFuse partners with Cuebiq to offer first measurement of mobile ‘Dwell Lift’
Sep 2, 2016 by Barry Levine
Using Cuebiq’s panel of 30 million location-tracked users, the companies determine the additional time that viewers of brand mobile ads spend at a given physical retailer.
- Mastering Online-to-Offline Marketing: New Digital Strategies for Offline Conversions
Sep 2, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Search, Facebook and display ads drive offline conversions and sales. Whether it’s a store visit or a phone call, you can’t measure CPL and prove ROI without offline conversions. But it can be a challenge.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- “Enterprise Call Analytics Platforms: A Buyer’s Guide” updated for 2016
- Google testing mobile Shop the Look ads for apparel & home products
- Google: Friday’s update was not due to the Penguin algorithm
- Is Google filtering your business in the local search results?
- Local SEO in 2017 and beyond: managed strategy vs. automation
- Don’t get duped by duplicate content: 8 quick checks for every SEO
- Labor Day Google doodle marks holiday honoring the American workforce
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- 25 Blog Post Templates To Make Blogging Faster, www.searchenginepeople.com
- 3 Types of Sticky Content Bloggers Should Be Using, www.blogherald.com
- 4 Comment Moderation Tools for Bloggers, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 5 tips to find inspiration for your blog, yoast.com
- How ‘Microbloggers’ Leverage Their Influence Through Social Media Savvy, www.adweek.com
- How I Turned One Blog Post Into a 7-Figure Business (And How You Can Capitalize on Going Viral), www.problogger.net
- How to Grow Your Blog by Interviewing Influencers, www.problogger.net
- Amazon lands one of eBay’s top AI execs, www.retaildive.com
- GoDaddy acquires Serbia’s ManageWP, a multi-site WordPress management tool, venturebeat.com
- Joanna Coles Leaves Cosmo to Become Hearst’s Chief Content Officer, www.adweek.com
- Twitter is reportedly considering selling itself, qz.com
- 37+ Tips and Tools for Picture-Perfect Visual Content, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- 6 Deadly Sins That Can Kill Your Content Strategy, www.searchenginepeople.com
- 6 Times Less Was More in Content Marketing, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- How Content Strategy Strengthens Your Customer Relationships, www.cmswire.com
- Must-Have Checklist to Creating Valuable Content, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Understanding Content Marketing, www.copypress.com
- Customer Accounts Can Boost Conversions, www.practicalecommerce.com
- What Conversion Experts Wished You Knew About Optimization, company-enterprise.myshopify.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 10 DIY Website Builders for Small Businesses, www.practicalecommerce.com
- How Online Forms Can Anchor Your Business, www.marketingprofs.com
- How to Improve Your WordPress Website’s Usability, www.wpexplorer.com
- Seven examples of motivational copywriting from fitness brands, econsultancy.com
- Speed Is Best Measure of Customer Experience, www.cmswire.com
- The 8 Skills Every Great Online Writer Has to Have, www.searchenginejournal.com
- The Building Blocks Of Progressive Web Apps, www.smashingmagazine.com
- What’s next for UX?, www.internetretailer.com
- First dot-brand gTLD to go generic after TLS deal, domainincite.com
- The Number of .Com Domains Pass 128 Million For 1st Time According To Verisign, www.thedomains.com
- US confirms no .com price hikes before 2024, domainincite.com
- Will Amazon Kill FedEx?, Bloomberg
- Amazon exempting existing sellers from new brand gating fees, www.retaildive.com
- Australian e-retailers brace for a golden age in China, www.internetretailer.com
- E-commerce Giveaway Fail: A “Case Study” with Lots of Fun Lessons, www.smallbusinessideasblog.com
- How Amazon priced deals on Prime Day 2016, www.internetretailer.com
- Understanding 4 Database Types, for Ecommerce, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Create Birthday Emails That Engage Your Subscribers, www.verticalresponse.com
- Proven Secrets to Email Campaigns That Convert, smallbiztrends.com
General Internet Marketing
- Forget Your Ps; Mind the Four Ms of Marketing, adage.com
- What Ad Buyers Really Think About Google, Facebook, Twitter and Everything in Between, www.adweek.com
- What Keeps a CMO Up at Night, www.marketingprofs.com
- Ad Tech And Building Trust: Lessons From Fin Tech, adexchanger.com
- 5 Awesome Ways to Optimize Your Landing Page for Mobile, www.semrush.com
- Can partnering with augmented reality apps boost in-store traffic?, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Everything marketers need to know about rich push notifications in iOS 10, venturebeat.com
- Evolving App Store Business Models, david-smith.org
- Gen Y more receptive to mobile marketing than Gen Z, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- How Marketers can Effectively Sustain in an API Landscape, www.martechadvisor.com
- Mobile App Strategies Boost Revenues for Small Business Owners, smallbiztrends.com
- Mobile commerce wars: Apps versus mobile web, venturebeat.com
- 4 ways to influence social influencers, www.internetretailer.com
- 4 Ways to Reach Business Prospects With Facebook Ads, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 5 Ways To Make Social Media A Part of Everyday Marketing Strategy, www.komarketingassociates.com
- Facebook vs. Instagram: Which Is a Better Fit for Your Marketing Efforts?, www.adweek.com
- Facebook Wants You to Know “What Friends Are Talking About”, www.adweek.com
- Facebook’s “Trending” Feature Exhibits Flaws Under New Algorithm, www.wsj.com
- Facebook’s Key to Conquering the World: Beating the Ad Blockers, www.adweek.com
- How Facebook News Feed Works, techcrunch.com
- How to Be Memorable and Drive Results During a Twitter Chat, www.convinceandconvert.com
- How to make your brand friend-worthy — the social imperative, venturebeat.com
- How to Use Social Media for a Product Launch, simplymeasured.com
- Instagram is killing photo maps, mashable.com
- The Large Untapped Opportunity With Pinterest, www.adweek.com
- Three innovative examples of Instagram UX hacks, econsultancy.com
- What Share of Their Budgets Are CMOs Allocating to Social Media?, www.marketingprofs.com
- Are online advertisers wising up about content quality?, econsultancy.com
- Five Elements on Why Businesses Must Prioritize Creation of Video Content, www.martechadvisor.com
- Four things marketers should know about VR, digiday.com
- The Unexpected Benefits For Publishers When Adding Video, adexchanger.com
- Watch Video on Your Phone the Right Way: Vertically, www.wsj.com
- What Video Ad Length Is Best on Facebook?, www.emarketer.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.