Marketing Day: Periscope gets monetized, Facebook mobile ad news & more
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Twitter’s Periscope tests adding pre-recorded video, graphics to live broadcasts
Sep 1, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Twitter’s Periscope and Facebook Live are dabbling in more TV-quality broadcasts in apparent hopes of attracting TV-loving audiences and advertisers.
- Periscope gets monetized: New Twitter functionality makes brands money
Sep 1, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Periscope takes the path of monetization, with a launch that includes Andy Roddick during the US Open.
- AI-powered Revuze enters US market to help brands figure out what’s bothering customers
Sep 1, 2016 by Barry Levine
The Israel-based company says its ‘brand health indicator’ tool doesn’t need the hand-holding required by other customer analysis platforms.
- How to achieve the ideal state of marketing
Sep 1, 2016 by Scott Rayden
What’s the ideal state of marketing? Columnist Scott Rayden looks to answer that question and offers guiding principles to put you on the right path to consumer engagement and growth.
- Most exciting development for Weight Watchers’ top marketer? Oprah, of course!
Sep 1, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Get to Know: Weight Watchers Senior Vice President of Marketing Maurice Herrera
- [PODCAST] Marketing Land Live #26: A Google & local search roundtable conversation
Sep 1, 2016 by Matt McGee
In this week’s podcast, we bring in four local search experts who’ll be speaking at SMX East to talk about several of the current trends affecting small and local businesses.
- How to manage ad partners in regulated industries: Pharma (part 5 of 5)
Sep 1, 2016 by Lori Weiman
In the last of her five-part series, contributor Lori Weiman takes a deep dive into FDA guidelines and explains how pharmaceutical advertisers and their partners can avoid costly violations.
- When you buy marketing software, know that you are buying into an ecosystem
Sep 1, 2016 by Jeffrey L. Cohen
The right martech can make or break your organization. Columnist Jeffrey L. Cohen explains why a well-connected tech stack and an open platform are key to marketing success.
- Facebook pressures advertisers to cut mobile page load speeds or it’ll cut their reach
Aug 31, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Facebook wants to make mobile ad links load faster, so it will start pre-loading them and push advertisers to make them load even quicker.
- Everything you need to know about predictive marketing analytics platforms
Aug 31, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
“B2B Predictive Marketing Analytics Platforms: A Marketer’s Guide” is the source for the latest trends, opportunities and challenges facing the market for predictive marketing tools.
- Ibotta launches ‘first app-to-app affiliate program’
Aug 31, 2016 by Barry Levine
Moving beyond its previous playing field, the mobile shopping app is announcing customer cashback rewards for making purchases in other apps.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Google’s premium-level Ad Grants program no longer accepting applications
- Want better data from AdWords Keyword Planner? Use the forecasting tools, says Google
- Fixing historical redirects using Wayback Machine APIs
- The dust has settled on AdWords expanded text ads. What now?
- How a Google Analytics change may be skewing your view of SEO’s value
- SEO request for proposal (RFP) questions: what to expect
- The Neverending Story book Google doodle marks 37th anniversary of children’s novel
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Are Companies Far Along in Their Predictive Analytics Implementation?, www.emarketer.com
Blogs & Blogging
- The Business of Food Blogging: Is It Lucrative?, www.copyblogger.com
- Why Recent Grads Are Breaking Up With Blogs in Favor of Podcasts, www.adweek.com
- The SpaceX rocket that exploded was carrying Facebook’s internet satellite, qz.com
- Amazon ends its student loan partnership with Wells Fargo, six weeks after launch, techcrunch.com
- Apple transforms Turi into dedicated machine learning division to build future product features, 9to5mac.com
- 3 Ways to Make Your Content & Campaigns Stick, blog.marketo.com
- Avoid Brand Disasters with a Visual Content Strategy, www.cmswire.com
- Content Marketing Tips From Content Marketing Experts, authoritylabs.com
- How Digital Asset Management Can Make a Big Impact on Your Content Marketing, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- How Mobile, Retail and Consumer-Generated Content Drive Sales, www.adweek.com
- The stumbling blocks to marrying programmatic buying and native ads, digiday.com
- Why Your Content Marketing Needs to Be Data-Driven, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Your Content Strategy Supports Customer-Centric Culture, www.cmswire.com
- Do You Believe In…Conversion Magic?, unbounce.com
- Here’s Why People Are Leaving Your Website Without Converting, blog.kissmetrics.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 8 Incredibly Simple Ways to Get More People to Read Your Content, www.copyblogger.com
- Face-Off Design: UX/UI Patterns And Branding, usabilitygeek.com
- Improving the User Experience by Rearranging the WordPress Post Editor, wptavern.com
- Practical Ways to Improve User Experience, www.cmswire.com
- Responsive Images In WordPress With Art Direction, www.smashingmagazine.com
- Spray and Pray Doesn’t Work: How to Identify and Target Micro Segments, conversionxl.com
- Top Challenges to Delivering Exceptional Web Performance, www.martechadvisor.com
- Champion.com Domain Name Acquired By HanesBrands, dotweekly.com
- 5 Common Mistakes That Can Tank Your Amazon Listing Success, www.marketingwords.com
- 5 Ways to Prepare for the Holiday Season, multichannelmerchant.com
- Alibaba Failing to Deliver in Fight Against Fakes, Say Brands, www.wsj.com
- Amazon Alexa might eventually make its way to PCs, techcrunch.com
- How back-to-school shopping season puts omnichannel strategies to the test, www.retaildive.com
- Individualized Coupon Codes Prevent Abuse, Enable Tracking, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Why faster internet speeds are needed for e-retailers, www.internetretailer.com
- 7 Twitter Chats That Will Elevate Your Email Marketing, movableink.com
- How To Turn An Email Subscriber Into A Loyal, Paying Customer, www.ducttapemarketing.com
General Internet Marketing
- 5 Ways Big Data Makes Your Marketing Irresistibly Personal, www.adweek.com
- Is Your Influencer Marketing Program Not Effective? Here’s Why, www.toprankblog.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- PAN Communications Rolls into the Second Half of Year Welcoming New Clients and High Demand for Integrated Marketing and PR Offerings, www.businesswire.com
- Undertone Adds Former Apple iAd Sales and Marketing Executives to Enhance Mobile-First Initiatives in North America, www.marketwired.com
- More Marketers Use Proximity Tech, Beacons, to Get Closer to the Action, www.emarketer.com
- What Lies Ahead for Adtech and Martech in H2 2016?, www.martechadvisor.com
- 10 Killer Tips You Should Use When Advertising on Social Media, smallbiztrends.com
- Android developers can now nominate their apps and games for Google Play Early Access, venturebeat.com
- Could Facebook’s App Event Optimization Tool Be the Silver Bullet App Developers Need?, www.martechadvisor.com
- Facebook Analytics for Apps Adds Push Notifications and Deeper Insights – Facebook for Developers, developers.facebook.com
- Facebook Messenger now lets you easily switch to video within any mobile conversation, venturebeat.com
- Mobile App Retention: 5 Key Strategies to Keep Your Customers, www.cmswire.com
- Three Golden Rules for Creating a Successful B2B App, www.marketingprofs.com
- Which retailer has the most-loved app?, www.internetretailer.com
- Why a bot store is not an app store and developers should think twice, venturebeat.com
- Betraying Your Community’s Trust: A Lesson from the WhatsApp Controversy, smallbiztrends.com
- Cracking the Code to Going Viral, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- Effective B2B Strategies for Social Media Managers, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Facebook fixing ‘bug’ showing vomit sticker when searching for ‘liberals’ or ‘feminism’, venturebeat.com
- Facebook Reaches Nine in 10 UK Social Network Users, www.emarketer.com
- Five reasons to use Twitter’s new embeddable DM button, econsultancy.com
- How Facebook Chatbots Can Improve Your Social Strategy, www.jeffbullas.com
- How to Make a Facebook Slideshow Ad: A Simple Guide, smallbiztrends.com
- How to Market Your Business With Instagram Stories, www.marketingprofs.com
- How to Use Twitter Conversational Ads and Instant Unlock Cards, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Should Publishers Panic Over Facebook’s 98 Ad-Targeting Data Points?, streetfightmag.com
- Social influencer campaigns 11x more impactful than digital advertising, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Social Media Image Sizes Cheat Sheet for 2016, www.blogherald.com
- The 10 Most Successful Social Media Campaigns This Year, mediakix.com
- The 9 Ways to Advertise on Snapchat, simplymeasured.com
- What B2B Marketers Need to Know About Social Media in China, www.komarketingassociates.com
- Why Facebook’s Trending Topics Spam Problem Can’t Be Solved With Algorithms, www.fastcompany.com
- Foursquare Is Now Running Video Ads on Its Swarm App, www.adweek.com
- Here’s What Top Industry Execs Think About the Future of Video, www.adweek.com
- Instagram Videos and the Content Trends You Need to Know, www.newswhip.com
- Kings Of Streaming: Where Do We Stand In The Battle For Your OTT Viewing Time?, www.fastcocreate.com
- YouTubers Are Freaking Out About Money and ‘Censorship’, kotaku.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.
New on MarTech