Marketing Day: New Mobile Reports, 2015’s Most Shared Video Ads & Google’s Live Blog Carousel
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- New Mobile Reports From MobileFuse And 7Park Data Reveal Hidden Data
Nov 19, 2015 by Barry Levine
The two New York City-based companies are separately releasing today new ways of looking at their user data.
- On The Hunt For Black Friday Shoppers? Pinterest Says It’s Got Them
Nov 19, 2015 by Martin Beck
Pinners shop more on Black Friday than the average online user and spend more on toys, housewares and clothing and electronics, according to a Pinterest funded study.
- 10 Ways to Calm the Chaos of Content Marketing
Nov 19, 2015 by Digital Marketing Depot
The right message, in the right place, at the right time, to the right audience. Content marketing doesn’t have to be painful. Want to know more about ending the chaos of your organization’s content creation, management and measurement?
- Psst! These Keyword Opportunities Are Sitting Right Under Your Nose
Nov 19, 2015 by Stephan Spencer
Columnist Stephan Spencer shares his advice for digging up new keyword opportunities from your existing data.
- The 4 Worst Lies Other Marketers Tell
Nov 19, 2015 by David Rodnitzky
From pay-to-play awards to fabricating a disaster, some marketing maneuvers are truly deceptive. Columnist David Rodnitzky explains why you should pass on these sketchy tactics, even though they sometimes end up driving sales.
- Using Pinterest For Keyword Research
Nov 19, 2015 by Clay Cazier
Google’s Keyword Planner may go deep, but does it go wide enough to fulfill modern SEO’s need for semantically relevant phrases? Columnist Clay Cazier explores one alternative data source: Pinterest.
- Maximize The Event Experience: Engage Socially In The Moment
Nov 19, 2015 by Maggie Malek
How do you push your brand’s reach during an event? Columnist Maggie Malek outlines steps you can take to fully engage with consumers via social media during events.
- Top 20 Most Shared Video Ads In 2015: Puppies, Furry Friends & Bionic Arms Make It A Feel-Good Year
Nov 19, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
With over 6.4 million shares, Android’s “Friends Furever” surpassed 2014’s “La La La” by Shakira to become the most shared ad of all time.
- Mobile, Millennials And Marketing: An Insider’s View
Nov 19, 2015 by Aaron Strout
With Millennials quickly becoming the biggest and most sought-after demographic, columnist Aaron Strout has some insights into how marketers can resonate with this increasingly influential audience.
- What CMOs Should Know About Ad Blockers: From What They Are To What’s At Stake
Nov 19, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
Marketing Land contributor Rob Rasko gives CMOs the crib notes to better understand the ad-blocking landscape.
- Twitter Political Targeting Precision | aimClear Psychographic Hot House
Nov 19, 2015 by Sponsored Content: aimClear
DING DING DING! Welcome back to the Main Event: Social political targeting. Last week, we uncovered how to reach politics and politicians with Facebook Targeting. In Round Two, we dive into Twitter psychographics to reach the political targeting ring, from the fans in the stands to third-party political targeting to politically curated lists.
- Marketing Platform Act-On Unveils Packaged, Industry-Specific Solutions
Nov 19, 2015 by Barry Levine
The pre-built content, workflows and benchmarks are available for healthcare, travel, finance, manufacturing and retail verticals.
- Google Launches New “Live Blog” Carousel
Nov 18, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
Publishers can now markup content with live blog schema so that it will be displayed via Google’s newest carousel.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Google Releases The Full Version Of Their Search Quality Rating Guidelines
- Buyer’s Guide — Local Marketing Automation Tools
- 4 Organizational Hurdles To SEO For Business Leaders To Overcome In 2016
- Keep Your Accounts Clutter-Free With This AdWords Script
- How Well Do You Know AdWords Scripts? Take The Quiz To Find Out!
- How Google May Rank Apps & App-Only Content
- Retailers Can Now Sell Paid Search In Their Apps With Point Inside StoreBoost
- Google Search App For iOS Gets New Voice Search Look & Improved Google Now Cards
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Survey Results Are In: The Marketer’s View on Metrics & Priorities, blog.kissmetrics.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 16 Tips on Blog Writing and Formatting, www.blogherald.com
- How To Become A Successful Blogpreneur And Make Money With WordPress, www.wpexplorer.com
- The Blog Code: Finding the Soul of Your Content, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Want to Blog? Get Started Here, www.blogherald.com
- BuzzFeed Hires Google’s Lenke Taylor As Its First Chief People Officer, techcrunch.com
- Starboard asks Yahoo to sell core business instead of Alibaba stake, Reuters
- 6 Scientific Strategies to Improve Your Content With Visuals, www.convinceandconvert.com
- 61 Places to Find FREE Visual Content Marketing Resources, www.koozai.com
- Give your site a content boost, adsense.blogspot.com
- How Raymond James Got 95% of Its Financial Advisors to Use Content, contently.com
- Is Your Content Really Failing?, seocopywriting.com
- What is Content Coaching and How Can It Help My Business?, www.verticalmeasures.com
- 7 Case Studies for Understanding and Using Heatmaps, blog.crazyegg.com
- How To Use Product Spotlights To Drive Conversions, www.searchenginepeople.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Accessibility matters, yoast.com
- The Dark Side of Emotional Intelligence in UX, www.usertesting.com
- Three steps to improve digital customer experience, econsultancy.com
- 2 Great (and Free) Tools for Domain Investors, domainnamewire.com
- 2015 Holiday Shopping Survey, www.offers.com
- 3 Common Mistakes New Amazon Sellers Can’t Afford To Make, www.marketingwords.com
- 5 Last-minute Black Friday and Cyber Monday Marketing Tips, www.practicalecommerce.com
- It’s time to secure your Amazon account with two-factor authentication, www.engadget.com
- Targeting Consumers on the Holiday Purchase Path Means Reducing Friction, streetfightmag.com
- Thanksgiving Becomes the 3rd Biggest U.S. Ecommerce Shopping Day, multichannelmerchant.com
- The US is popular with International online shoppers, www.internetretailer.com
- U.S. consumers favor Amazon for online holiday shopping, www.reuters.com
- Why Amazon’s Black Friday could disrupt the retail holiday, www.retaildive.com
- 3 Ways to Automate Your Email Marketing this Holiday Season, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Email marketing: finding the perfect blend of content & product, econsultancy.com
- Growing a Lucrative Email List, www.amyporterfield.com
- How to Write Email Subject Lines that Make People Stop, Click, and Read, www.copyblogger.com
- Intelliverse’s Email Tracker Now Free for First 50K Users, www.martechadvisor.com
- Want to Boost Your Open Rate? It’s All About the Subject Line, blog.movableink.com
General Internet Marketing
- Know why: How to beat marketing survivorship bias, www.portent.com
- Live Experiences Reinvent the Way Customers Interact With Brands, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Many Digital Marketers Seem Just As Confused, Overwhelmed As SMBs, screenwerk.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Vungle Brings Leading App Monetization and Discovery Platform to Windows 10, www.prnewswire.com
- Automation Improvements, RSS Campaign Updates, and More in Our Latest Release, blog.mailchimp.com
- Rocket Fuel Sets Industry Standard With People-Based Marketing, rocketfuel.com
- Real Reasons for Marketing Automation, blog.marketo.com
- Answers to the Top Mobile Commerce Questions, www.facebook.com
- Google Play Store app listings in 2016 will let users know if any app contains ads, www.androidauthority.com
- How Target is putting mobile front and center this holiday season, digiday.com
- How the mobile revolution has brought Americans “out of office”, www.martechadvisor.com
- Microsoft Drops A Fresh Windows 10 Mobile Build, techcrunch.com
- Survival Tips for Launching Localized Sites in Mobile-First Emerging Markets, multichannelmerchant.com
- Reputation Management Dos and Don’ts, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 10 Pinterest Marketing Myths that You Probably Believe, www.smallbusinessideasblog.com
- 6 Tips to Grow Your Pinterest Marketing Results, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 7 Ways to Use Facebook’s Carousel Ads, www.adweek.com
- Emoji usage in TV conversation, www.Twitter.com
- Facebook Adds Holiday Shopping Season Ad-Targeting Segment, www.adweek.com
- How Bully Pulpit Interactive prepares for landmark moments on Twitter, www.Twitter.com
- How to Crack the New Twitter Ad Campaign Algorithm, smallbiztrends.com
- How to Develop and Perfect Your Social Media Sharing Schedule, blog.bufferapp.com
- How to Start Your Social Marketing Plan for 2016, simplymeasured.com
- Is Facebook Messenger The Future Of Your Facebook Page Reach?, locowise.com
- Seriously. Instagram Needs Two-Factor Authentication., techcrunch.com
- Social Marketing for the Holidays, simplymeasured.com
- Source: Twitter testing expanded, multi-day polls, The Next Web
- The Secret Ingredient to Better Engagement, www.wordstream.com
- Three Stories Perfectly Presented For Social Media, blog.newswhip.com
- Top Pinned products of 2015, blog.pinterest.com
- Users say sponsored social media posts highly effective, www.retaildive.com
- Why Using Impersonal LinkedIn Invitations Doesn’t Work, www.compukol.com
- Found in Translation: Language tools for building a global audience, youtubecreator.blogspot.com
- Meetings made simple with guest access, googleforwork.blogspot.com
- YouTube Kids, the family-friendly video app, is now available outside the US, www.theverge.com
- YouTube Says It Will Offer Legal Protection Of Up To $1 Million For Select Video Creators Facing DMCA Takedowns, techcrunch.com