Marketing Day: New Facebook video metrics, Apple Pay updates & email A/B testing
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Marketing Land and from other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Facebook Audience Network partners with third-party mediation platforms, including Twitter’s MoPub
Mar 24, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
The new Native Partner Program gives publishers using one of the approved mediation platforms access to FAN formats & demand.
- Optimize local marketing the same way big companies do
Mar 24, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Together with BIA/Kelsey, Vendasta has released an in-depth look at the do-it-with-me (DIWM) service model for marketing solutions geared to small and medium-sized businesses. Small and medium sized businesses (SMBs) are the new frontier for digital services.
- Brand bidding & PPC optimization: Reducing your competition (Part 5 of 8)
Mar 24, 2016 by Lori Weiman
In Part 5 of an 8-part series on PPC brand bidding, columnist Lori Weiman shares her tips on how to deal with competitors who are bidding on your brand name.
- New benchmarks: Google AdWords cost per acquisition across 20 industries [study]
Mar 24, 2016 by Larry Kim
Are you a PPC Unicorn or a PPC Donkey? Columnist Larry Kim shares data on CPA averages by industry so you can see how you measure up to the competition.
- Facebook video metrics add richer day-by-day data
Mar 24, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Facebook’s video metrics have been enhanced to give marketers insights into viewer performance, broken down by day.
- Report: Apple Pay moving to the mobile web, could give big boost to m-commerce
Mar 24, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Retailers should be doing everything they can to increase mobile transactions.
- The essential metrics to analyze for keyword research success
Mar 24, 2016 by Paul Shapiro
When it comes time to choose your target keywords, what data should inform your decision? Columnist Paul Shapiro shares some helpful metrics to look at when evaluating which keywords to pursue.
- #MarTech Conference: Vendor roundtable on the future of martech
Mar 24, 2016 by Derek Edmond
MarTech Conference chair Scott Brinker sits down with industry visionaries to discuss the future of marketing technology, and columnist Derek Edmond recaps the highlights.
- How your web presence can become the undisputed champion against big brand Goliaths
Mar 24, 2016 by Stoney deGeyter
Outperforming your big brand competitors may seem like an impossible task, but contributor Stoney deGeyter believes that with a little work, you can exploit your rivals’ weaknesses and come out on top.
- Everything you need to know for successful email A/B testing
Mar 24, 2016 by Scott Heimes
Just getting started with A/B testing, or looking to fine-tune your strategy? Columnist Scott Heimes walks you through the essentials to help you get the most out of your email marketing program.
- IAB releases a calculator to show how much ad spend goes to programmatic ad tech fees
Mar 24, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Publishers and media buyers can use the tool to better understand the overall cost of ad technology in the supply chain.
- #MarTech Conference: 10 myths martech vendors tell
Mar 24, 2016 by Derek Edmond
The Real Story Group’s Theresa Regli reveals the top martech myths and what the reality is. Columnist Derek Edmond recaps her presentation at the MarTech Conference.
- YouTube: 2016 presidential election-related video watch time up 485% since last April
Mar 24, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
YouTube’s latest trends report tracks watch time for election-related videos as well as which campaign issues are getting the most attention.
- 7 ways your video content is missing the mark
Mar 24, 2016 by Erika Trautman
Are you neglecting mobile optimization or social sharing on your videos? Columnist Erika Trautman discusses common mistakes marketers make when developing their video content and how you can avoid them.
- Impersonated on Facebook? The social network is testing an alert feature
Mar 24, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Facebook’s safety team is working to prevent impersonation, enhance security and stop the spread of images that expose victims of abuse.
- Square integrates Facebook Ads into expanding “Customer Engagement” suite
Mar 23, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Company adds another marketing channel to its growing CRM toolset.
- Score deeper savings for SMX Advanced by coming as a team
Mar 23, 2016 by Marketing Land
Search Engine Land’s SMX Advanced is designed to deliver leading-edge tactics in SEO, SEM, mobile, analytics and much more. Sign up as a team and score the deepest discounts available. At SMX Advanced, your team will: get actionable tips and strategies from expert-level search marketing veterans.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- YouTube reports 224% jump in refugee-related searches since start of elections
- 3 upcoming trends in paid search
- Dear SEOs: Please stop spamming Google Maps!
- The state of cross-channel paid search, part 3: SEM & display
- Now we know: Here are Google’s top 3 search ranking factors
- “B2B Marketing Automation Platforms: A Marketer’s Guide” updated for 2016.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Help! What Do I Do Without My Analytics Data?, www.komarketingassociates.com
- New Study Reveals Why Integrated Marketing Analytics Are Critical to Success in Enterprise Measurement, analytics.blogspot.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 10 Things I Wish I Had Known About Blogging When I First Began, www.problogger.net
- Amazon says there’s no pay gap for women and minorities among its US workforce, qz.com
- Google is reportedly building an Amazon Echo rival, www.theverge.com
- Yahoo Statement Regarding Starboard Announcement, investor.yahoo.net
- 17 Content Creation Secrets to Wow Your Readers, www.convinceandconvert.com
- A Guide to Creating Awesome Content in the Affiliate Industry, www.amnavigator.com
- Brand Guidelines to the Rescue for Clear, Consistent Stories [Example], contentmarketinginstitute.com
- How to build an arsenal of evergreen content, www.newswhip.com
- How to Create an Effective E-Book, www.copypress.com
- How to Create Content Rituals to Get More Done, www.amyporterfield.com
- The Brand as Publisher Masterplan – Reinventing Content Marketing for the Next Decade, moz.com
- What is Content Marketing? Definition, Examples & Resources for Learning More, www.toprankblog.com
- How to Find Correlative Metrics For Conversion Optimization, conversionxl.com
- How To Turn Leads Into Customers In 2016, blog.crazyegg.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- “Super Verbs” Add Power & Persuasion to Your Copy, www.marketingwords.com
- Is your Website holding you back?, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Marketing in the Age of Personalization: How to Deliver Compelling Customer Experiences, www.martechadvisor.com
Display & Contextual Advertising
- Viewability Rate Climbing for Digital Display Ads in France, www.emarketer.com
- E-retailers win the race for site load times, www.internetretailer.com
- How Amazon’s Alexa is bringing intelligent assistance into the mainstream, venturebeat.com
- Build a Better Newsletter, blog.movableink.com
- Email is dying among mobile’s youngest users, techcrunch.com
- Google makes Gmail security warnings more prominent for users, techcrunch.com
- Spring Clean Your Email Marketing Efforts, www.verticalresponse.com
- The past year’s 4 most important email marketing developments, www.internetretailer.com
General Internet Marketing
- 5 Predictions in Digital Marketing to Watch, smallbiztrends.com
- Digital Marketing Channels by Brand Lifecycle Stage (Infographic), www.goinflow.com
- Jewish-Focused Online Ad Network Courts Marketers, Wall Street Journal
- Report: Emoji Usage in Marketing Messages on the Rise, www.adweek.com
- With The High Cost Of Customization, The Industry Must Learn to Love “Vanilla”, adexchanger.com
- You Don’t Have to Be a Super Hero to Do Real Time Marketing, www.cmswire.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Alignable Appoints CMO to Scale Brand & User Base, www.marketwired.com
- Israeli marketing startup CiValue raises $2.4 million backed by Deutsche Telekom, venturebeat.com
- Unmetric Adds Facebook Reactions Tracking to Social Media Analytics Product, www.prweb.com
- 3 Ways to Navigate the MarTech Landscape, blog.marketo.com
- 5 Ways to Improve Mobile Commerce in 2016, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Beyond the app: Creating an app-like experience on a mobile website, www.retaildive.com
- Chinese mobile consumers prefer shopping apps to mobile websites, www.internetretailer.com
- Google gets its unreleased Glass back, Mercury News
- Mobile marketers are as obsessed with emojis as we are, venturebeat.com
- 5 Ways to Use LinkedIn Publisher for Business, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 6 Reactions by Marketers to the End of ‘Free Social’ as the Algorithm Era Unfolds, www.adweek.com
- Facebook’s Timehop clone On This Day gets 60 million daily visitors, techcrunch.com
- Five Twitter Hacks to Skyrocket Your Engagement, www.marketingprofs.com
- Instagram Ad Campaigns: 4 Tips For a Better Mobile Experience, unbounce.com
- Microsoft’s Twitter Bot: From Awfully Sweet to Awful in a Day, www.cmswire.com
- Once bullish on Pinterest, ad world sees it slipping, digiday.com
- Reaching Moms on Instagram, blog.business.instagram.com
- The Death of Organic Social and the Integration of Social Marketing, simplymeasured.com
- Google is building YouTube Connect, a livestreaming app to take on Periscope, VentureBeat
- Do People Watch Long Videos on Smartphones?, www.marketingprofs.com
- Four Winning Tips for Sports Teams Using Facebook Live, www.newswhip.com
- In 10 months, Quartz has gone from zero to 200 million video views, digiday.com
- Live Streaming vs Video on Demand: Brands Need Both, www.reelseo.com
- Marketers Must Treat VR as a Consumer-First Medium, adage.com
- The Washington Post is making vertical video ads for clients, digiday.com
- Yahoo Video Guide Adds Movie Trailers and More!, yahoo.tumblr.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.
New on MarTech