Marketing Day: Google+ Collections, The Social “Shame Game” & Persona-Based Content Marketing
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Google Takes On Pinterest With Google+ Collections
New feature is Google’s version of Pinterest Boards; Brands and publishers will now have the ability to create topic-based feeds for users to follow.
- Audi Rick Rolls Those Expecting #WomenDrivers Meme Hilarity
Think another brand stepped in it by unintentionally giving offense? That’s just what Audi and its agency want you to think.
- Enterprise Paid Media Campaign Management Platforms: New Market Intelligence Report
Do you need an paid media campaign management platform?
- After Pacquiao-Mayweather Fight, Twitter Building “Robust Tools” To Combat Periscope Piracy
Company says it received 66 takedown requests, removed 30 with remaining streams gone by time they were acted on.
- Brand Missteps In The Social Media Spotlight: The New Rules Of The “Shame Game”
Contributor Katy Keim explains how digital shaming is gradually blurring the lines of social customer service.
- Mobile Ad Experiences Are Often Terrible: Here’s Why There’s Hope
Leaders on both the buy and sell sides express optimism for a mobile advertising future that puts long-term user experience on the priority list.
- 5 Principles For Making Programmatic Creative Work
As digital advertising continues to evolve, how do you deliver on the promise of programmatic? Columnist Peter Minnium has tips.
- Why You Need A Persona-Based Content Marketing Strategy
Each member of a buying team has different challenges and interests. Columnist Arnie Kuenn tells you how to hone in on those needs to help close a deal.
- Facebook Reveals The Internet.org Platform – A Framework To Help Connect The Globe
A new developer platform will help extend Facebook’s Internet.org effort to connect all humans to the internet.
- Meerkat & Periscope Let People Pirate The Pacquiao-Mayweather Fight: Twitter’s CEO Doesn’t Care
Twitter CEO Dick Costolo tweets Twitter-owned Periscope is the “winner” as many stream the fight through it; Hollywood not likely to be pleased.
- Facebook Reportedly Nearing Deal With Publishers On “Instant Articles”
Facebook would let publishers keep all the revenue for ads they sell for their content hosted on the social network, according to the Wall Street Journal.
- Report: YouTube Still Trumps Facebook Video For Brands Over The Long Haul
Visible Measures data shows Facebook with 35% of video views from a sample of March campaigns, but over time the balance shifts in YouTube’s favor.
- Signs Of Social Life At Google+? Network Sends Out Its First Tweet
After few public statements about the health and fate of Google+, the network takes to Twitter for some cross-channel marketing fun.
- Happy 10th Birthday YouTube: Google’s Video Platform Enters The Double-Digits
In ten years time, the site has grown to include more than one billion users and over a million channels.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Top 10 Insights On Local Search & Marketing From The Experts At LSA 15
- Google Play Gets “May The Fourth Be With You” Home Page Link On Star Wars Day
- Sneak Peek Into AdWords’ New Multidimensional Reports
- Google Confirms New Experiment With Twitter In Search Results
- Local Search Marketers: 83% Of SEOs Believe Focusing On Reviews Delivers Good ROI
- Who Invented The Piano? Google Doodle Celebrates Bartolomeo Cristofori’s 360th Birthday
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Dirty Data Means Muddied Marketing, www.cmswire.com
- Four Online Marketing Metrics That Actually Matter, www.marketingprofs.com
- How to Track Social Metrics From Your WordPress Dashboard, www.wpexplorer.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 3 Places Your Best Ideas Are Hiding In Your First Drafts, www.problogger.net
- The 5-Point Survival Guide to Blogging as a Business, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Washington’s 100 Top Tech Leaders, www.washingtonian.com
- With Timeful Acquisition, Google Aims To Supercharge Its Apps’ Time-Management Smarts, www.fastcompany.com
- ‘VR is the Next Frontier’: The NYT’s Branded Content Boss Dishes on the Future of Marketing, contently.com
- 5 Beauty Brands Publishing Content That Looks So Damn Good, contently.com
- 5 charts that show the problem with native ad disclosure, digiday.com
- How to Choose the Right Content Platform, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- The Science Behind High-Performing Headlines, blog.crazyegg.com
- The Secret to Content Marketing, www.adweek.com
- Who Killed the Content? Make Sure You’re Never the Suspect, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Why content strategy?, confabevents.com
- 4 Conversion Experts On Why Buyers Click, www.convinceandconvert.com
- 4 Stupid Mistakes You’re STILL Making On Your Landing Page, unbounce.com
- 5 Reasons Why We Love Conversion Rate Optimization, www.ppchero.com
- 5 Tips That Will Get You On the Road to Conversion, www.searchenginejournal.com
- How Good UX Leads To Conversions, www.usertesting.com
- 30 More Big Brand Fails: Bang On Trademarked Domains Continue To Drop To Third Parties, www.thedomains.com
- Publishers Push Into Commerce, adexchanger.com
- Shopify IPO to Value Company at $1 Billion, www.practicalecommerce.com
- The Internet of Things foreshadows Commerce of Things, www.internetretailer.com
- 7 Creative Ways to Integrate Social Media and Email Marketing, blog.movableink.com
- MailChimp’s Most Popular Subject Line Emojis, blog.mailchimp.com
- Return Path’s Guide to Spam Filters, blog.returnpath.com
- Time is on your side—welcoming Timeful to Google, Official Gmail Blog
- Your Emails, Now Nicely Grouped by Date, yahoomail.tumblr.com
General Internet Marketing
- The Most Mentioned B2B Brands Online, www.marketingprofs.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Axel Springer and Current Investors Will Fund Mobile Shopping Platform Retale With Additional $12M, www.retale.com
- Digilant Announces Strategic Partnership with Integral Ad Science, www.digilant.com
- Google’s Dart language on Android aims for Java-free, 120 FPS apps, Ars Technica
- A New Breed of Rapid-Delivery Apps Cuts Through Urban Congestion, www.wsj.com
- How Apple Watch and Other Wearables Are Transforming Marketing, www.marketingprofs.com
- How Online Reviews Can Help Marketers, www.compukol.com
- How to Know If Your Local Reviews Strategy Works, www.localvisibilitysystem.com
- Mobile Optimization Tips for B2C, www.toprankblog.com
- Prepare to target users pairing the Apple Watch with their iPhones, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Wal-Mart plans to launch a mobile shopping app in China, www.internetretailer.com
- Walgreens uses mobile apps to solve in-store headaches, digiday.com
- 10 Types of Visual Social Media Posts That Get Shared Like Crazy, www.jeffbullas.com
- 12 Facebook Tactics Working Right Now, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 21 Time-Saving Pinterest Tools for Business and Marketers, blog.bufferapp.com
- 7 Twitter Tools to Help You Discover Great Content, www.adweek.com
- 7 Ways Your Facebook Page Can Help Your Business, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Brands get a pass for tweeting about Cinco De Mayo, digiday.com
- Brands Raised the Customer Care Standard on Facebook in Q1, www.socialbakers.com
- Emojineering Part 1: Machine Learning for Emoji Trends, instagram-engineering.tumblr.com
- Facebook Faux Pas: Avoid Bumming Out Your Customers, smallbiztrends.com
- Half of Japan’s Social Networkers to Use Twitter by 2017, www.emarketer.com
- How Many Google+ Members Are Actually Active?, www.adweek.com
- How to Become a Pinterest Warrior and Vanquish the Competition, www.marketingprofs.com
- How to Create Brand Memes for Social Media Marketing, smallbiztrends.com
- How to Use Advanced Facebook Ad Targeting, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Hyper Photo-Sharing App Mixes Instagram with Reddit on iOS, www.adweek.com
- Instagram’s Role in Commercial Real Estate, www.wsj.com
- Introducing the Pinterest Developers Platform, engineering.pinterest.com
- Is there a Local Marketing Play for Snapchat?, streetfightmag.com
- Manage Twitter: 19 Extremely Useful Tips, www.razorsocial.com
- Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook: The future of news, Business Insider
- The Art of Finding Your Voice With Your Social Media Content, mackcollier.com
- The science behind the perfect Twitter hashtag, www.Twitter.com
- Why Twitter is Trying to Turn Itself Into Facebook, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Advertisers Focus on Original Digital Video Programming, www.emarketer.com
- Brands Ask for It, and Twitter Hits Fast Forward on Autoplay Video, www.adweek.com
- Fullscreen Looks to Satisfy Brands’ ‘Unquenchable Thirst for Video’, www.adweek.com
- How to Win on YouTube: Tips from Matt Gielen of Frederator, www.reelseo.com
- Native Video on Facebook: 10 Examples, www.practicalecommerce.com
- The (very) big fight for the small screen, fortune.com
- The Video Ad Market Could Be Unrecognizable In 6 Months, adexchanger.com