Marketing Day: Facebook Messenger updates, brands on Snapchat & more
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- New “Emotit for President” app measures your emotional response to Clinton, Trump, et al
Apr 7, 2016 by Barry Levine
Employing Affectiva’s facial recognition tech, the makers of the ooVoo multi-person video/messaging platform want to turn mobile devices into political thermometers.
- Report: Google/Alphabet and Verizon mulling Yahoo buyout
Apr 7, 2016 by Greg Sterling
A Yahoo sale is likely. The questions are: to whom and for how much?
- Facebook Messenger has new ways for brands to meet its 900 million users
Apr 7, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Facebook Messenger is adding scannable codes, specialized links and welcome notes to help brands connect with its 900 million monthly users.
- 4 top brands on Snapchat that are having just as much fun as their followers
Apr 7, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
IHOP, Bloomingdale’s, National Geographic & Taco Bell share how they are taking advantage of the Gen Y and Millennial-centric platform.
- Brand bidding & PPC optimization: enforcement options (Part 6 of 8)
Apr 7, 2016 by Lori Weiman
In part 6 of her multi-part series on brand bidding for paid search, columnist Lori Weiman breaks down the legal issues surrounding trademark infringement in paid search ads.
- 3 web UX personalization tools for code haters
Apr 7, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
If you think website personalization is out of reach because you don’t employ a team of developers, contributor Tamar Weinberg suggests three new tools to consider.
- How to map keyword strategy to B2B buyer intent
Apr 7, 2016 by Derek Edmond
To ensure that you’re providing content that aligns with business objectives, columnist Derek Edmond recommends basing your keyword strategy on stages of the buyer journey.
- Android sales make global gains, iPhone SE is slow out of the gate — Reports
Apr 7, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Android charges ahead, but most buyers spend less than $350 on their devices.
- Marketers mustn’t be afraid to click on ads
Apr 7, 2016 by Rob Rasko
If your response to advertising is fear and avoidance, what kind of example are you setting? Besides, columnist Rob Rasko argues, creatives are getting more engaging in response to the competitive environment.
- Want consumers to be more loyal? Be more social.
Apr 7, 2016 by Maggie Malek
Columnist Maggie Malek asserts that brands that create meaningful relationships with consumers via social channels will come out on top.
- Facebook puts the spotlight on Live with rare Hollywood event
Apr 7, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Facebook gathered top creators in Hollywood to show off Facebook Live’s latest features and discussed whether it will eventually add some for advertisers.
- Segment adds more data sources besides apps and sites to its hub
Apr 6, 2016 by Barry Levine
The company, which focuses on connecting data to analytics tools, also adds out-of-the-box business intelligence reports from partners.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Microsoft partners with HackerRank to deliver executable code in Bing search
- Google My Business iOS app now lets business owners manage holiday & special hours
- Searchmetrics now shows where your app appears in App Packs
- Keyword research: a key element of SEO & content marketing
- What they don’t tell you about SEO
- Google Search Console now sending PageSpeed update notifications
- Google warns site owners their site is not mobile-friendly in mobile search results
- Pandit Ravi Shankar Google doodle honors the famous Indian musician & his sitar
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 5 Content Distribution Metrics Your Marketing Team Should Be Obsessing Over, blog.kissmetrics.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 4 Of My Most Viewed Blog Posts This Month and Why They Worked, www.problogger.net
- 8 Ways to Enhance Your Blog Content, www.copypress.com
- Five Content Writing Tips That Will Automatically Make You a Better Blogger, www.marketingprofs.com
- The Essential Blog Success Factor No One Tells You, heidicohen.com
- How Yahoo is trying to save its media business, www.cnbc.com
- How Running A Cohesive Visual Content Marketing Campaign Creates Buzz For Your Brand, librisblog.photoshelter.com
- 13 New Tools to Outsource Your Content Creation in 2016, www.jeffbullas.com
- 8 Ways to Take a Fresh Approach to Content Formats, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Content Methodology: A New Model for Content Marketing, contently.com
- Getting Started With Structured Content, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Good Habits of Content Marketers, www.blogherald.com
- How B2B Marketers are Handling the Digital Content Overload, www.komarketingassociates.com
- How User-Generated Content Can Benefit Online Business, smallbiztrends.com
- Three ways to use LinkedIn to support your content marketing strategy, econsultancy.com
- Why Your Content Marketing Agency is Failing You, www.verticalmeasures.com
- 11 Easy Ways to Reduce Your Bounce Rate, www.wordstream.com
- Best-Practices for Increasing Your Online Form’s Conversion Rate, www.marketingprofs.com
- The 2016 State of Conversion Optimization Report, conversionxl.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 11 Ways to Accelerate Page Load Time Before Your Prospects Bounce, unbounce.com
- Responsibility In Design, usabilitygeek.com
- The importance of typography, yoast.com
Display & Contextual Advertising
- The Context for Contextual Marketing Is Changing, streetfightmag.com
- Amazon Struts Its Fashion Sense, Challenging Traditional Stores, www.wsj.com
- How Long Will Consumers Wait for an E-Commerce Page to Load?, www.marketingprofs.com
- How to Plan and Create Awesome eCommerce Content, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Email showdown: Netflix vs. Hulu, myemma.com
- Live Data: Leveraging an Open Platform to Create Amazing Email Experiences, blog.movableink.com
General Internet Marketing
- Did Anyone Predict the Future of Marketing Accurately in 2012?, www.cmswire.com
- How Marketers Can Win the Great Emoji Arms Race, adage.com
- How Visual Marketing Boost Your Influencer Marketing, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Searching For Real Value in Digital Transformation, www.cmswire.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Choozle Announces Partnership With Digital First Media, www.marketwired.com
- Viant Names Two East Coast Vice Presidents of Sales to Accelerate Adoption of Advertising Cloud, www.prnewswire.com
- You Can Now Track Facebook Reactions in Socialbakers!, www.socialbakers.com
- Dark martech: the great mass of homegrown marketing technology, chiefmartec.com
- Amping the Mobile Experience, blog.simplereach.com
- Capitalizing on Mobile Content Consumption Without Killing UX, multichannelmerchant.com
- Effective mobile engagement and why marketers are not applying it, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Reddit launches its first official apps for iOS and Android, techcrunch.com
- Why You Should Consider React Native For Your Mobile App, www.smashingmagazine.com
- Your Facebook Ad Questions Answered, www.amyporterfield.com
- 3 tips for boosting results of Instagram ads with consumer content, www.internetretailer.com
- 4 Ways to Save Time With Social Media Marketing Tools, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Facebook Surveys Users on Friends’ Reactions to Their Posts, www.adweek.com
- Facebook’s new image-recognition technology could be a data windfall for advertisers, digiday.com
- Find the Best Time and Content to Post on Facebook with Facebook Insights, blogs.constantcontact.com
- How the Law of the Double-Peak Affects, blog.bufferapp.com
- Is Twitter is becoming a dark social channel?, econsultancy.com
- Millennials & Generation Z Rule the Focus of Social Marketing (But Should They?), www.adweek.com
- Reddit introduces user-blocking tool to fight harassment and trolls, techcrunch.com
- The Pinner Journey: Mapping The Purchase Path, www.ppchero.com
- The Power of Social Media, www.stepforth.com
- Twitter Fabric now installed on 2 billion active devices, venturebeat.com
- U.S. companies use social media to denounce laws seen as anti-gay, www.reuters.com
- You might be missing important messages on Facebook if you haven’t checked a hidden second inbox, qz.com
- 4 Easy Ways Brands Can Win With Instagram’s New Features, www.reelseo.com
- 6 Ways to Have Better Video Conferences, www.cmswire.com
- Do Advertisers Like Outstream Video?, adexchanger.com
- Drum roll please: the winners of the UK and US YouTube NextUp class of 2016 are in!, youtubecreator.blogspot.com
- How Often Are US Consumers Watching Video on Their Smartphones?, www.emarketer.com
- LinkedIn, Fitbit, and ADP share why video is changing the way they do business, venturebeat.com
- Mashable Staffers Laid Off as Site Pushes Further Into Video, www.adweek.com