Marketing Day: Cross-device ad tech, Google AdWords & social media war rooms
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- U.S. District Court judge orders Amazon to release customer data in connection to WEN Haircare lawsuit
Dec 23, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Amazon wasn’t part of the original lawsuit, but lawyers for the plaintiffs requested names of customers who had purchased WEN products on the site.
- Cross-device ad tech: How to vet potential partners providing this critical stack element
Dec 23, 2016 by Chuck Moran
The need for cross-device tracking is so acute that marketers are vulnerable to charlatans whose solutions are more hype than reality. Contributor Chuck Moran advises on the questions to ask and the considerations to weigh.
- How your startup should be using Google AdWords
Dec 23, 2016 by Brett Middleton
If you’re just getting started with your business, figuring out who should manage your AdWords campaigns and what to do first can be a challenge. Columnist Brett Middleton offers tips to get you on the right path.
- Hey Santa, here’s our 2016 ‘Marketing Naughty & Nice’ list
Dec 23, 2016 by Barry Levine
Here are our choices for those in marketing, ads and search who deserve a candy cane — or a lump of coal.
- How analytics data should fuel creativity
Dec 23, 2016 by Loni Stark
Contributor Loni Stark believes creatives, marketers and analysts need to collaborate to give digital users what they want and to lead brands into the future.
- The social media war room as a mentality: 5 questions with MRM//McCann’s VP of social strategy
Dec 23, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
MRM//McCann’s Randi Rosenfeld says nowadays the “social media war room” is more of a mentality for how her team works everyday.
- Twitter overcharged video advertisers due to error in its Android app
Dec 22, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Twitter has refunded advertisers whose Android campaigns were incorrectly measured due to a technical glitch.
- Amazon Alexa is now the voice agent for marketing analytics platform Datorama
Dec 22, 2016 by Barry Levine
Marketers can ask for the data they need, as marketing tools begin to acquire natural language voice interfaces.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- Advanced Blogging: How to Make Your Blog Serve Your Business, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Exchanging More Value with Contributors to Your Content and Community Efforts, moz.com
- Virtual Reality for Content Marketers: Is it Really Going to Stick?, www.thesaleslion.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- A Guide to Popular PHP Frameworks for Beginners, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Creative Spotlight: Why Copywriting Will Make You More Creative, www.copypress.com
- 8 alternatives to generic stock photography to help improve your bounce rate, www.branded3.com
- Amazon UDRP Shows Domain Difficulty Brands Face, www.domaininvesting.com
- Amazon launches its newest private label, Wickedly Prime, techcrunch.com
- Ditch the Crystal Ball: Where to Place Strategic Ecommerce Bets in 2017, company-enterprise.myshopify.com
- E-commerce gives FedEx growing pains, www.internetretailer.com
- Holiday season brings growth opportunities for e-commerce trailblazers, advertise.bingads.microsoft.com
- Email Outperforms Social Media, Paid Search for ROI, www.emarketer.com
- How to Make Your Art Event a Success With Email Marketing, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Newsletters Still Top Tactic for US Email Marketers, www.emarketer.com
General Internet Marketing
- The Four Pillars of Performance for Digital Marketing Campaigns, www.marketingprofs.com
- Why Digital Marketing Is Still Fighting to Earn Consumer Trust, www.convinceandconvert.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Eyeota Adds ShareThis Social Segments to Data Marketplace, get.eyeota.com
- Ad tech’s biggest winners and losers in 2016, digiday.com
- Christmas Special: Have you Stuffed these Marketing Technologies in your ‘Stacking’ Yet?, www.martechadvisor.com
- Email, push and SMS: Integrated or independent?, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- How Marketers Can Leverage Facebook Messenger’s Latest Update, www.martechadvisor.com
- Smart Car App Design, usabilitygeek.com
- 2017 Pinterest and Instagram Content Calendars, blog.tailwindapp.com
- A Guide to Advertising on Facebook, www.verticalresponse.com
- Facebook kills off exact location sharing in Nearby Friends, adds “Wave”, techcrunch.com
- Maybe it’s time to #reconsider the brand #hashtag, digiday.com
- MRC in Talks With Facebook About Auditing Its Metrics, adage.com
- Now Snapchat has ‘Filter Games’, techcrunch.com
- Snapchat and Instagram’s Young Audiences Rarely Notice Ads on Platforms, www.emarketer.com
- Twitter Tax Season Psychographic Targeting! 6 Money Segments, www.aimclearblog.com
- What Publishers Should Expect From Social Media In 2017, www.newswhip.com
- What The Grinch Can Teach You About Social Media, heidicohen.com
- Your Social Media Cheatsheet for 2017, www.newswhip.com
- YouTube Marketing 101 in an Era Where Video Rules, authoritylabs.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.