Marketing Day: An account-based marketing quiz, new Adobe tools & Arby’s CMO
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Successful SEO programs require content that supports the entire buy cycle
Nov 7, 2016 by Joe Goers
Columnist Joe Goers argues that many websites are focusing too much on the bottom of the funnel — to the detriment of their SEO success.
- Quiz: Are you ready to adopt Account-Based Marketing?
Nov 7, 2016 by Victoria Godfrey
Test your knowledge of Account-Based Marketing with this quiz contributed by Victoria Godfrey.
- Report: Amazon, HBO Now, Live.com only apps common to top app-install platforms
Nov 7, 2016 by Greg Sterling
The top 20 advertisers on Facebook, Instagram, Google and Pinterest are quite distinct.
- [Reminder] Live Webcast — It’s not too late! Maximize your Google Shopping in time for the holidays
Nov 7, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Whether you’re a beginner or a paid search pro, it’s not too late to improve your Google Shopping campaigns in time for the holidays. Join us for this November 10 webcast and learn how to optimize for search success with Google Shopping ads.
- Why the email list takes second place to the phone book
Nov 7, 2016 by Andrew Osmak
Columnist Andrew Osmak discusses why phone numbers are gaining importance for marketers as a reliable identifier to gather data, track consumer behavior and attract leads.
- Turning content pages into lead generators
Nov 7, 2016 by Brian Massey
Is your content turning your visitors into subscribers? Columnist Brian Massey walks you through key strategies you can try on your content landing pages to get your visitors to take action.
- [Podcast] Marketing Land Live #34: Google Home vs. Amazon Echo with USA Today’s Jefferson Graham
Nov 7, 2016 by Matt McGee
Is Google Home really a “fail” on its first day being available to the public? We’re joined this week by special guest Jefferson Graham of USA Today for a spirited discussion on the competition between the new Google Home device and its predecessor, Amazon Echo.
- Not to be out-Einsteined, Adobe launches its Sensei layer of AI services throughout its clouds
Nov 7, 2016 by Barry Levine
The new framework distributes existing intelligent services across the company’s Marketing, Creative and Document Clouds and adds a variety of new ones.
- A great American underdog makes a comeback: CMO transforms Arby’s into a QSR leader
Nov 7, 2016 by Nadine Dietz & Erica Seidel
Rob Lynch, chief marketing officer of Arby’s, tells contributors Erica Seidel and Nadine Dietz how a willingness to take risks has fired up this once-outdated brand.
- Study says only 8 percent of shoppers use retailer apps. Should they give up?
Nov 6, 2016 by Greg Sterling
No: they need a diversified strategy that includes third party distribution, mobile wallets and a renewed focus on the usability of their apps and sites.
- comScore sunsets its Compete PRO service and recommends SimilarWeb to its clients
Nov 4, 2016 by Barry Levine
comScore customers will receive a discount from SimilarWeb for a short while, but the two companies will not integrate their services.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- 10 brands using Tumblr to inspire positivity in young people, econsultancy.com
- Should you blog about Justin Bieber?, yoast.com
- The Subtle art of Successful Blogging – an interview with NYT Bestseller Mark Manson, www.problogger.net
- Alphabet’s unit discloses Snapchat investment, www.reuters.com
- Apple raked in 103% of all global smartphone profits in the third quarter, analysts estimate, qz.com
- Brand Content Guidelines: 5 Must-Haves, blog.marketo.com
- Does Successful Content Marketing Lead to Rising Stock Prices?, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- How to Make Sure Your Branded Content Isn’t Really Just an Ad, www.adweek.com
- Why Data Journalism Is the Secret to Engagement, www.convinceandconvert.com
- 7 Conversion-Sabotaging Words to Avoid at All Costs, www.wordstream.com
- Decoding Data: Using Different Data Sources to Maximize Engagement and Conversions, www.martechadvisor.com
- How to Drive Holiday Conversions with One Click, www.martechadvisor.com
- How to Use A/B Testing to Build Your Business’ Buyer Personas, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Segment Data By Device For Landing Page Performance, www.ppchero.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Design Through Customer Use, www.cmswire.com
- Testing Your Own Designs, www.uxmatters.com
- The Biggest Problem Facing UX Design, www.uxmatters.com
- What Everyone Should Know About The Process Behind App Design, www.smashingmagazine.com
- Google Capital changes name to CapitalG, they did acquire CapitalG.com, www.thedomains.com
- Would You Register an Emoji Domain Name?, www.domaininvesting.com
- 5 Strategies to Build Buzz Weeks Before Your Holiday Sale, company-enterprise.myshopify.com
- Discount and Variety Stores Have a Relatively Low Level of Ecommerce Penetration, www.emarketer.com
- EBay Returns to TV for Holiday, adage.com
- Ecommerce Landing Pages: The Good, Bad and Terrible, unbounce.com
- Google Shopping prices often beat Amazon’s, www.internetretailer.com
- Holiday eCommerce Preparation: Two-Minute Troubleshooting Tips, 3qdigital.com
- The Core Components of a Holiday Campaign for Digital Marketers, simplymeasured.com
- 3 smart ways to attract new subscribers, myemma.com
General Internet Marketing
- Apple is bringing in NBCUniversal to sell ads in Apple News, www.recode.net
- How Do B2B Marketers Create Buyer Personas?, www.emarketer.com
- The CMO Conundrum: How to Balance Short- and Long-Term Needs, www.cmswire.com
- The Platform Of The Future Will Own The Intersection Of Advertising And Marketing, adexchanger.com
- Why Some Big Brands Are Starting to Produce Their Own Podcasts, www.adweek.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- InMobi Launches Industry’s First Remarketing Platform That Is Designed and Optimized for Mobile, www.inmobi.com
- Mavrck, Bazaarvoice Announce Content Acquisition Partnership, www.mavrck.co
- Videotel Digital Celebrates Milestone with Thirty-Seven Successful Years in Business, www.prweb.com
- 10 things I learnt at MarTech Europe 2016, www.b2bmarketing.net
- 4 questions to ask when building a Facebook chatbot, venturebeat.com
- 9 Surprisingly Affordable Enterprise-Grade Marketing Tech Tools for Small to Medium Businesses, blog.crazyegg.com
- Martec’s Law: the greatest management challenge of the 21st century, chiefmartec.com
- Walker Sands / Chief Martech Study: Martech Maturity Has Skyrocketed, www.martechadvisor.com
- Gmail and Google Calendar get a whole lot better on iOS, blog.google
- Google’s Firebase developer platform gets better analytics, crash reporting and more, TechCrunch
- 5 Instagram Tools for Marketers, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 5 Signs of a Weak Social Media Campaign, www.adweek.com
- 7 Quick Tips to Get More Out of Your Instagram Ads, www.jeffbullas.com
- Cheat Sheet: How to Perfectly Size Social Media Images, www.toprankblog.com
- Facebook top channel for ad recall among millionaires, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Facebook’s Workplace brings the sexy back to collaboration, venturebeat.com
- How Businesses Can Use Instagram Drafts Feature, www.internetmarketingninjas.com
- How publishers are trying to monetize Instagram, digiday.com
- Leveraging Social Media to Build a Creative Brand, www.copyblogger.com
- Marketers, Don’t Promote That Facebook Post Yet!, www.socialbakers.com
- New! Shopping on Instagram: Get the Complete Details and What It Means, blog.bufferapp.com
- Social Media For Customer Acquisition, www.searchenginepeople.com
- Tips for Small Business Saturday on Facebook, www.facebook.com
- What marketers need to know about Instagram shopping, econsultancy.com
- WhatsApp”Status” tab, an Instagram Stories like feature, is under testing, www.bgr.in
- Facebook partners with news outlets for Election Day live video blitz, www.reuters.com
- Google and YouTube can help keep you informed on Election Day, youtube.googleblog.com
- Newest Installment in Facebook Live Ad Campaign Focuses on Sports, www.adweek.com
- The Online Video Explosion Is Driving Up Marketing Costs, adexchanger.com
- True colors: adding support for HDR videos on YouTube, youtube.googleblog.com