Marketing Day: Snap Publisher, the most brand-safe app category & Trusona’s CMO
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Snapchat releases Snap Publisher: self-serve ad creation tool converts horizontal videos, websites into vertical video ads
Jul 17, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Snap Publisher enables brands to edit a horizontal video into a vertical one or to have have Snapchat’s computer vision technology do the work.
- How marketers’ influence can expand beyond lead gen: Utilizing remarketing for nurturing leads
Jul 17, 2017 by Elizabeth Laird
Marketers are often responsible for generating leads, but columnist Elizabeth Laird explains how they can also help move those leads down the sales funnel.
- The most brand-safe app category is not what you’d expect
Jul 17, 2017 by Andrew Dubatowka
When it comes to advertising, mobile games are both brand-safe and extremely effective. Contributor Andrew Dubatowka explains why.
- Watson helps AdYouLike screen content for native ads
Jul 17, 2017 by Barry Levine
The UK-based ad platform, now expanded to the US, says this is the first native ad job for the “Jeopardy”-winning supercomputer.
- For Trusona’s CMO, a startup mindset means being a jack-of-all-trades
Jul 17, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
After 14 years leading marketing programs for Microsoft, Karen Dayan made the jump to marketing startups and hasn’t looked back.
- Move over millennials, Gen-Z now the largest single population segment
Jul 17, 2017 by Greg Sterling
According to Nielsen data, Gen-Z is now 26 percent of the population.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- It’s not Yourspace, it’s Myspace, Leigh Anne Galloway
- U.S. appeals court upholds nondisclosure rules for surveillance orders, Reuters
- 10 Most Common Content Marketing Questions, Content Marketing Institute
- Content Writing Tips: 9 Tips for Conducting Successful Customer Interviews, movableink.com
- How to Market Your Knowledge and Integrate Content Creation with Outreach and Relationship Building, Internet Marketing Ninjas
- 5 of the Best Instagram Tools for E-Commerce, Search Engine Journal
- B2B Ecommerce: How the Best in B2B Sales Succeed Online, Shopify Plus
- The Post-Purchase Experience: What Consumers Want, MarketingProfs
- How to Improve Email Copy Readability to Engage Subscribers, MarketingProfs
- Meet the Anti-Spam Laws from Around the World, AWeber Communications
- The 5 Steps of Successful Email Marketing, Constant Contact Blog
General Internet Marketing
- Tracking Brand Mentions: Why You Should Do It, Stone Temple
- What is Guerilla Marketing?, Crazy Egg
- World Emoji Day: Since U Been Blob, The Official Google Blog
Internet Marketing Industry
- Dose Announces Former Viacom Exec, Chris Colarossi, as SVP, Brand Partnerships, Business Wire
- Marketo Delivers Innovation Suite to Empower Personalized and Seamless Engagement Across Channels, Marketo
- Taptica Acquires Japanese Mobile Ad Company Adinnovation, Market Wired
- AI Hype vs Reality: Facing the Flaws of Bolt-On AI Technology, MarTech Advisor
- Report: More Marketing Teams are Taking Control of Technology Purchases, KoMarketing
- Struggling through the 5 stages of martech? Let’s learn together, Chief Marketing Technologist
- Apple reportedly shifts App Store policy to stop adblockers outside of Safari, 9to5Mac
- Report: Amazon may be developing a standalone messaging app, Mobile Marketer
- Why WhatsApp Should Be Part of Your Marketing Strategy, CMS Wire
- How and Where to Add Instagram Hashtags (Before or After Posting), Tailwind Blog
- Instantly Boost Your Facebook Ad ROI with These 5 Advanced Tactics, Crazy Egg
- The 3 Biggest Challenges Facing Social Marketers in 2017, Convince and Convert
- How-To Videos Among the Most Watched on YouTube, Small Biz Trends
- Look out, YouTube and Facebook: Amazon’s coming for video publishers, Digiday
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.
New on MarTech