Marketing Day: Shopping assistants, Trueview video ad updates & Instagram Stories
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Compare 9 leading predictive marketing analytics vendors in this Marketing Land report
Dec 8, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Marketing Land’s “B2B Predictive Marketing Analytics Platforms: A Marketer’s Guide” examines the market for predictive marketing analytics platforms and the considerations involved in implementation. The 35-page report reviews the growing market for predictive analytics platforms, plus the latest trends, opportunities and challenges.
- More content, less traffic: part I
Dec 8, 2016 by Conrad Saam
It’s important to have high-quality content on your website, but columnist Conrad Saam believes that SEOs might be overdoing it.
- Using shopping assistants to fill your shopping carts, online
Dec 8, 2016 by Christi Olson
Columnist and Microsoftie Christi Olson discusses the company’s personal shopping assistant and provides some thoughts on how marketers might adapt to this new technology.
- Google restricts TrueView video ad rotation settings to “Optimize for views” only
Dec 8, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Optimize for conversions and Rotate evenly options are no longer supported for TrueView ads.
- New B2B analytics platform called Proof correlates sales results with marketing efforts, despite time lag
Dec 8, 2016 by Barry Levine
The approach is based on techniques honed over years by B2B execs.
- New wave of referrer spam wrecking Google Analytics data
Dec 8, 2016 by Jonathan Hochman
If you’re seeing a lot of referral traffic in your Google Analytics data, you’re not alone. Contributor Jonathan Hochman explains how referral spam happens, lays out methods to combat it and suggests potential solutions for Google’s consideration.
- Sales enablement tools grow up, as Forrester releases first Wave report
Dec 8, 2016 by Barry Levine
The new study evaluates nine tools in a marketing/sales category that, the research firm noted, barely existed a few years ago.
- How Oracle Data Cloud’s CMO organized to educate customers in a complex category
Dec 8, 2016 by Nadine Dietz & Erica Seidel
When demand outpaces understanding, your marketers must become teachers. Oracle Data Cloud CMO Cory Treffiletti shares how in an interview with columnists Nadine Dietz and Erica Seidel.
- [Podcast] Marketing Land Live #37: Inside holiday e-commerce trends with Joleen Wroten of 360pi
Dec 8, 2016 by Matt McGee
In this week’s podcast, we ask if online retailers are hurting themselves with too many sales, whether anyone can compete with Amazon and we look inside other holiday e-commerce trends.
- How you should be leveraging native ads in 2017
Dec 8, 2016 by Brad O’Brien
Columnist Brad O’Brien takes a close look at native advertising, what it means for your brand and how it can drive results at every stage of the marketing funnel.
- Instagram Story links get 15–25% swipe-through rates for brands, publishers
Dec 8, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Vox Media’s Curbed, MeUndies, Outside and Whisper discuss their early strategies and success with linking to their sites from Instagram Stories.
- Top 10 YouTube ads in November: Clash of Clans ‘Hog Rider’ ranks #1 with 29M views
Dec 8, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Last month’s top three YouTube ads generated more than 60M views – well over the 25.3 million views earned by October’s top three video ads.
- Report: 91 percent would use abandoned apps again if disliked issues addressed
Dec 7, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Google survey also finds users have average of 35 apps, half used at least weekly.
- Goal-based bidding: Aligning your SEM strategy to business goals
Dec 7, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Last year, over one million advertisers spent more than $81.5 billion on search ads worldwide. For many enterprises, SEM is a strategically important discipline. As such, SEM requires careful alignment with display advertising and the other elements of your marketing program.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- How to Use Hashtag Analytics to Track Employee Engagement, www.cmswire.com
- Why companies suck at data analytics, McKinsey finds out, www.techinasia.com
Blogs & Blogging
- Monthly Content Themes: Get Your Blog On Track In 2017, heidicohen.com
- Google’s self-driving car team is hiring executives as it prepares to spin out from Alphabet’s X, www.recode.net
- Europe Presses American Tech Companies to Tackle Hate Speech, New York Times
- Facebook’s Investors Criticize Marc Andreessen for Conflict of Interest, Bloomberg
- LinkedIn and Microsoft: Next Play, blog.linkedin.com
- 43 Expert Tips on How to Future-Proof Your Content Strategy, www.convinceandconvert.com
- How to Use Customer Insight to Create Better Content, www.marketingprofs.com
- New Study From Contently and CUNY Tow-Knight Center Finds Consumers Still Confused By Native Ads, Business Wire
- The Power of Author Bylines, www.copypress.com
- Why Isn’t Your Landing Page Converting? 5 Things You Can Test Today, www.marketingwords.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 10 Product Recommendation Techniques to Improve UX and Conversions, conversionxl.com
- A Breakdown of Color Preferences by Gender, blog.crazyegg.com
- How To Speed Up Your WordPress Website, www.wpexplorer.com
- Progressive Web AMPs, www.smashingmagazine.com
- Why is site structure important?, yoast.com
- .Org non-profit is looking for new members of Board of Directors, domainnamewire.com
- Daniel Law Named Interim ICA Executive Director, www.domaininvesting.com
- Not ‘As Seen on TV’: Snuggie maker sues Amazon, Reuters
- 5 Ecommerce Content Marketing Trends for 2017, www.practicalecommerce.com
- 5 Ways E-Commerce Retailers Are Creating Local Footprints, streetfightmag.com
- E-commerce on desktops tops $1 billion a day for 11 straight days, www.internetretailer.com
- How six retailers are using gift guides to inspire online shoppers, econsultancy.com
- How to Align E-Commerce with Your Business Strategy, www.cmswire.com
- Cyber Week 2016 by the Numbers, Plus Our Favorite Cyber Week Campaigns, movableink.com
- How to Grow Your Email List With YouTube Ads, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
General Internet Marketing
- 10 Defining Digital Marketing Trends of 2016, blog.marketo.com
- 5 Key Findings for CMOs on the Road to Digital Transformation, thedma.org
- Digital Is Going Dark: Only Early Adopters Will Thrive in 2017, simplymeasured.com
- Four things to consider before marketing on a new digital channel, econsultancy.com
- How Marketing Like Netflix Will Save Your Lead-Gen Strategy, moz.com
- One Surprising Way to Inject More Creativity Into Your Marketing, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- The art of the emoji: How and when brands should use them, econsultancy.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Aeropost Tackles Cross-border Ecommerce Using Advanced Personalization, Segmentation and Customer Experience Technology from Qubit, www.businesswire.com
- Catalyx launches behaviour tracking tool, www.research-live.com
- Eyeota Highlights Global Audience Trends in Q3 2016 Index, get.eyeota.com
- Integral Ad Science Launches Open Source SDK to Drive Mobile Innovation for the Advertising Industry, integralads.com
- MomentFeed Announces New Online-to-Offline Customer Journey Tracking Tools for Multi-Location Brands, www.marketwired.com
- mParticle’s Next Generation Platform Liberates Customer Data from the Cloud, www.prnewswire.com
- MPP Global Partners with Lineup Systems, www.mppglobal.com
- Splash Announces SplashConnect on the Salesforce AppExchange, the World’s Leading Enterprise Apps, www.prnewswire.com
- Debunked: What Tech Do You Really Need to Run an Online Business?, www.blogtyrant.com
- How to choose the right ad tools for your site, adsense.googleblog.com
- 5 ways Android tackles issues that matter to businesses, blog.google
- Complete Tracking Support for the iMessage App Store, blog.appfigures.com
- Facebook just secured an e-money license in Ireland, paving the way for Messenger payments in Europe, techcrunch.com
- Get Holiday Season Customers for Your App, www.facebook.com
- To get millions of app installs, start with user psychology, www.tune.com
- What B2B Marketers Need to Know About AMP, www.komarketingassociates.com
- Android Wear: Magic Minute Project, blog.google
- Introducing Yahoo Answers Now – A New App for the Q&A Community, yahoo.tumblr.com
- More phones, new colors and the latest apps on Daydream, blog.google
- 5 Social Media Marketing Tricks to Finally Reach B2B Buyers, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- 7 Social Media Infographics That Will Blow Your Mind, www.jeffbullas.com
- Are Small Businesses Using Instagram?, www.marketingprofs.com
- Facebook Testing “Send a Wave” Feature Within Nearby Friends, www.adweek.com
- Facebook tests turning comment reels into message threads, techcrunch.com
- Facebook’s new tool lets anyone create custom profile frames, techcrunch.com
- Facebook’s 2016 Year in Review, newsroom.fb.com
- How to Make Your Facebook Cover Photo The Right Size, blogs.constantcontact.com
- How to Use Audiense to Analyze and Grow Your Twitter Presence, www.razorsocial.com
- In the shadow of Facebook, Twitter loses traction with publishers, digiday.com
- Instagram Stories vs. Snapchat: Top Social Influencers Tell All, mediakix.com
- Six Guidelines for High-Level Facebook Ad Optimizations, 3qdigital.com
- 7 Moments From 2016 That Show Periscope Still Draws a Crowd, www.adweek.com
- 9 Ways You Can Use Video to Elevate Your Brand Marketing Efforts, smallbiztrends.com
- Advertisers take a liking to 360-video ads, digiday.com
- Google, HTC, Oculus, Samsung, Sony join forces to create Global VR Association, techcrunch.com
- How to Create Video at the Speed of Social: 6 Ways to Get Video Produced Faster, www.socialmediatoday.com
- How Yule Log Videos Went From a Quirky Idea to a Hot Marketing Tool, www.adweek.com
- YouTube Reaches Settlement Over Songwriting Royalties, www.nytimes.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.