Marketing Day: Remarketing campaigns, Kik’s new Bot Shop & Twitter’s NFL deal
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Marketing technologists: Here are eight steps to boost your info security
Apr 5, 2016 by Barry Levine
SapientNitro CTO Sheldon Monteiro summarizes his MarTech 2016 presentation on this evergreen topic.
- How to find relevant and proof terms for your content
Apr 5, 2016 by Jayson DeMers
Quality content is great, but it won’t improve your SEO if it’s not based on solid keyword research. Columnist Jayson DeMers shares his tips for focusing your content on the right keywords.
- The 4 Cs: A recipe for precise remarketing campaigns
Apr 5, 2016 by Susan Waldes
A lot has been said about how to best structure search and shopping campaigns, but what about remarketing campaigns? Columnist Susan Waldes discusses her formula for successful remarketing campaign structure.
- Content marketing’s echo chamber
Apr 5, 2016 by Patrick Armitage
Is content marketing doomed to go the way of the traditional agency model? Not if we align our priorities with those of our customers, says columnist Patrick Armitage.
- Merger of Experticity and ReadyPulse combines offline and online influencers
Apr 5, 2016 by Barry Levine
Newly enlarged company says it is the first to provide an influencer service ranging from a passionate salesperson in a store to a product-touting Instagram post.
- Kik opens Bot Shop to encourage more fun and engaging chat
Apr 5, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
To make its chats more fun for users, Kik launches a Bot Shop and encourages developers to get on the bandwagon to build engaging bots for the platform.
- Are longer tweets better tweets? We analyzed 4,700 tweets to find out
Apr 5, 2016 by Tim Peterson
A look at 300 of the most-followed Twitter accounts to see how long brands’, celebs’ and media companies’ tweets are and how retweet counts vary by length.
- Data-driven storytelling: the intersection of numbers and narrative
Apr 5, 2016 by Joshua Reynolds
Every marketer today wants to be a successful storyteller. Columnist Joshua Reynolds lays out the elements that comprise a story that’s likely to resonate and spark enthusiastic sharing.
- How to beat the competition in share of voice & share of market
Apr 5, 2016 by Jim Yu
To increase your market share, you need to assess where you are compared to the competition. Columnist Jim Yu lays out concrete steps toward getting ahead.
- Twitter will sell one-third of ads in NFL Thursday game streams
Apr 5, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Twitter has won the exclusive rights to stream 10 of the NFL’s Thursday Night Football games globally during the upcoming season.
- Three ways to foster brand devotion in the Age of the Customer
Apr 5, 2016 by Mike Sands
When audiences are fragmented, and traditional loyalty programs no longer resonate, what’s a marketer to do? Columnist Mike Sands contends it all comes down to knowing your customer.
- For agencies, losing is the best way to win
Apr 5, 2016 by David Rodnitzky
Every agency experiences losses, but columnist David Rodnitzky explains that the ones that choose to learn from their losses are in the best position to succeed long-term.
- Native ads to make up 63 percent of mobile display ad spend by 2020, Facebook & IHS study finds
Apr 5, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Facebook releases new stats on native advertising on its Audience Network.
- Amazon expands Pay with Amazon through new Global Partner Program
Apr 4, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Amazon has announced a Global Partner Program, which seeks to expand the reach of its payments service.
- MarTech Landscape: What is a demand-side platform (DSP)?
Apr 4, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Find out why digital advertising buyers turn to DSPs to manage programmatic ad buys.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Dark search, dark social & everything in between
- 7 fundamental technical SEO questions to answer with a log analysis (and how to easily do it)
- DuckDuckGo showing instant answers for MLB scores & schedules via Bleacher Report
- Google tests displaying review snippets in the local 3-pack
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 3 Instagram Analytics Tools for Marketers, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- What Sentiment Analysis Can Do for Your Brand, www.marketingprofs.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 5 Lessons from Guest Posting on Popular Blogs, www.smallbusinessideasblog.com
- 7 Types of Blog Posts and When to Use Them, www.blogherald.com
- Disqus releases first iPhone app w/ support for tracking comments & discussions, more, 9to5mac.com
- EU Presses Inquiries Into Google Parent Alphabet, www.wsj.com
- HubSpot Opens New Office in Dublin, Announces 320 Jobs in the Near Future, www.martechadvisor.com
- 4 Content Marketing Trends Dominating the U.K., contently.com
- 5 Ways to Grow Your Business with Customer-Centric Content, www.jeffbullas.com
- Homogenized Content: Content Fail, heidicohen.com
- How to Document Your Content Marketing Workflow, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Medium Unveils Tools, Monetization Options For Publishers, adage.com
- The Best Branded Content of March (and April Fools’ Day), contently.com
- The Ultimate Guide to 10x Content, ignitevisibility.com
- 16 Ways to Optimize Your Product Landing Pages, www.wordstream.com
- 7 Steps to Customer Journey Mapping, www.cmswire.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 3 UX examples from innovative e-commerce companies, www.usertesting.com
- 30 Trigger Words to Use in Your Online Writing, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 4 Ways B2B Marketers Can Successfully Drive Customer Experience, multichannelmerchant.com
- A Simple Web Developer’s Guide To Color, www.smashingmagazine.com
- Digital customer experience: four innovation methods, econsultancy.com
- PX Design: Tailored User eXperience For Individuals, www.searchenginepeople.com
Display & Contextual Advertising
- More Than Two-Thirds of US Digital Display Ad Spending Is Bought Programmatically, www.emarketer.com
- The Subprime Banner Ad Crisis, adage.com
- GoDaddy.com Acquires Another Domain Portfolio, dotweekly.com
- Six NFL/NBA players Moved their Websites to new gTLD Extensions this Month, www.thedomains.com
- Amazon Exclusives is Still a Major Option for New Products, smallbiztrends.com
- E-commerce in India: The opportunities and the obstacles, www.retaildive.com
- Etsy launches Pattern, an online store builder to take on Squarespace and Shopify, thenextweb.com
- How Amazon could become the next big luxury fashion retailer, digiday.com
- How online retailers can improve price optimization strategies, econsultancy.com
- How to Increase Sales on Your Store with Multichannel Selling, multichannelmerchant.com
- Mother’s Day online marketing: 6 top tips, www.internetretailer.com
- 10 Quick and Easy Email Marketing Segmentation Strategies to Try Today, blog.kissmetrics.com
- 12 emails that completely captivated us, myemma.com
- Drive Tremendous Website Traffic with Email Marketing, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Your Step-by-Step Email Marketing Strategy Guide, www.copyblogger.com
General Internet Marketing
- 4 Reasons Why Your Digital Transformation Is Floundering, www.cmswire.com
- 5 Reasons Marketers Have Largely Overlooked Generation X, www.adweek.com
- A Picture Is Worth 1,000 Words: But What About Emoji?, www.verticalresponse.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Notablist Expands Archive to 10MM Email Campaigns, Monitors 500k Brands, notablist.wordpress.com
- Branded Apps by Thanx: Revolutionizing the Loyalty Card App Experience, blog.thanx.com
- Exponential Interactive Appoints Ittai Shiu as Vice President Creative Strategy, www.businesswire.com
- Mobile Entertainment Sensation Dots Taps MediaBrix For Exclusive Brand Rewarded Ads, www.prnewswire.com
- As Marketers Take Control of Ad Tech, Complexity Follows, adage.com
- Great CX Starts With Analytics, MarTech #eMetrics, www.cmswire.com
- 7 Smart Ways to Deliver Loyalty Rewards Based on Buying Patterns, streetfightmag.com
- How mobile commerce is changing customer service, venturebeat.com
- How to Customize Your Social Media Inbox on Your Smartphone, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- It’s 4 a.m., do you know where your message is?, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Lessons from innovative Chinese mobile apps, www.internetretailer.com
- Top 10 mobile payments developments of Q1, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Anatomy of a Rebrand (Part 1 of 3): Should You Dump Your Brand Equity?, www.marketingprofs.com
- What’s in a Name on Social?, www.adweek.com
- 4 Social Media Hacks for Small Businesses, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 4 Social Media Tactics That Are Going Away Like the Landline, www.convinceandconvert.com
- An easier way to share Tweets privately, www.Twitter.com
- Facebook begins using artificial intelligence to describe photos to blind users, www.theverge.com
- Here’s How Many People Are on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Other Big Social Networks, www.adweek.com
- How Best-in-Class Brands do B2B Social Media Strategy, www.toprankblog.com
- How to Keep Your Social Media Images Looking Fresh (Even if You’re Posting Every Day), blog.bufferapp.com
- Introducing this year’s Pinterest palette, blog.pinterest.com
- Native Advertising Dominates Facebook Audience Network (Study), www.adweek.com
- Running a Social Contest in 2016: What’s Changed, www.adweek.com
- Snapchat’s Angling For A Seat At The Grown-Up Table, adexchanger.com
- The Ideal Word Counts for Social Media Posts, www.marketingprofs.com
- Why LinkedIn bought Lynda.com last year: Train users for jobs “at scale”, venturebeat.com
- Facebook 360 Trend: Nature, media.fb.com
- Tastemade gets 300,000 Instagram video views a day, digiday.com
- The reality of AR/VR business models, techcrunch.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.
New on MarTech