Marketing Day: Re-engaging email subscribers, Facebook’s vertical video & more
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Compare 16 leading local marketing automation tools
Aug 26, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Managing online citations, claimed and unclaimed listings, landing pages, reviews and ratings, and data feeds for hundreds or thousands of locations has become time consuming and costly for enterprise brands. Automating local marketing processes through LMA tools can provide numerous benefits.
- Marketers, make sure you are not being list-bombed and blocked by Spamhaus
Aug 26, 2016 by Barry Levine
Recently, valid email addresses have been fraudulently added to many open email lists, flooding inboxes with spam and resulting in a blockage of IP addresses.
- 7 quick SEO hacks for the SEO newbie
Aug 26, 2016 by Stephan Spencer
Want some simple SEO tips that will help move the needle without breaking the bank? Columnist Stephan Spencer has seven for you.
- 7 steps for re-engaging your email subscribers
Aug 26, 2016 by Sol Orwell
How can you re-engage people who no longer respond to your emails? Columnist Sol Orwell shares strategies to get your dormant subscribers back on board.
- Think smartphones are just about the bottom of the funnel? Think again.
Aug 26, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Survey data show that 56 percent use their mobile devices most often at home.
- 2016 is finally the “year of the video”
Aug 26, 2016 by Grace Kaye
Video is all around us online these days, no matter what device we’re using to access content. Columnist Grace Kaye shares a few tips for marketers capitalizing on this rising tide.
- Facebook now officially showcases vertical videos in mobile news feeds
Aug 26, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Facebook has seen in testing that people watch vertical videos longer and with sound on when those videos are actually presented vertically in their feeds.
- Every call is becoming data: Rich customer data revolutionizes call analytics
Aug 26, 2016 by Andrew Osmak
Columnist Andrew Osmak points out that every inbound call to a business is data — and that data provides real-time insights on customers that businesses can put to use in their marketing and advertising.
- 16 experts share how to boost results from your current content marketing
Aug 26, 2016 by Quinn Whissen
How can your company improve its content marketing? Columnist Quinn Whissen asks a group of industry mavens to weigh in on their top tips.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Bing search app for iOS & Android gets new music, video & map features
- The SEM automation primer
- 4 e-commerce link building tactics that still work in 2016
- Search in Pics: Google NYC 10 years, keyboard pranks & a folding table
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- The Three Metrics You Need to Know in Your Sales Funnel Before You Waste Any Time on A/B Tests, blog.kissmetrics.com
Blogs & Blogging
- Internet Companies May Have to Pay Publishers for News Under New EU Rules, Wall Street Journal
- Rackspace to Go Private in $4.3 Billion Deal, www.wsj.com
- 3 Things I Learned About Content Marketing From Robots and Drones, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- How B2B Companies are Winning Hearts & Minds with Influencer Content, www.toprankblog.com
- How Canada’s Fastest Growing Tech Company Achieved a 4x ROI on Content in Less Than One Year, contently.com
- From Campaigns to Conversions – How to Make Sense of the Data You’re Presented With, blog.kissmetrics.com
- What’s the Most Important CRO Metric?, www.searchenginejournal.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Social Eye-Catchery: 4 Design Tips to Resonate on Social Feeds, blog.epicosity.com
- The power of user science, www.usertesting.com
- 10 Great Ecommerce Ideas for August 2016, www.practicalecommerce.com
- 50+ Best WooCommerce Extensions & Addons for WordPress, www.wpexplorer.com
- Has collecting sales tax hurt Amazon’s sales?, www.internetretailer.com
- If Vendors Sent Fewer Canned Emails, They Would Reach More Publishers, adexchanger.com
- Personalized subject lines boost retailers’ email open rates 23.5%, www.internetretailer.com
- Your Top Email Marketing Questions Answered, blogs.constantcontact.com
General Internet Marketing
- 5 Marketing Lessons from Man’s Best Friend, blog.marketo.com
- 5 Massive Marketing Mistakes Business Owners Make (+Fixes!), www.searchenginepeople.com
- How to Build Better Connections Between Brands & Consumers, www.cmswire.com
- How to Build Your B2B Marketing Empire From the Ground Up, www.marketingprofs.com
- How to Stay One Step Ahead With Your Marketing Campaigns, smallbiztrends.com
- Short Term Growth: Jump Start your Digital Marketing Today, www.portent.com
- What Marie Kondo Could Teach Marketers About Clutter, adexchanger.com
- 7 Tools for Visual Storytelling, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 9 Tools to Outsource Your Content: Graphic, Text and Video, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- A Rosetta Stone of marketing technology terminology, chiefmartec.com
- Account Kit’s Phone and Email Sign-in Adoption Grows Globally, developers.facebook.com
- Mobile ad startup AppLovin in talks for $1.5 billion acquisition, techcrunch.com
- Mobile App Users Are More Engaged Than Ever, www.adweek.com
- Three in 10 Retailers Rely on SMS for Customer Service, Promotions, www.emarketer.com
- The 10 Tech Companies With the Best Reputations, www.marketingprofs.com
- 7 Social Media Marketing Apps You Need Now, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Are You Busy Doing the ‘Right’ Things on LinkedIn?, www.copyblogger.com
- Building a country and language detection pipeline, engineering.pinterest.com
- Facebook Referrals to Media Sites Decline on the Desktop, www.emarketer.com
- How a GIF of Aly Raisman’s Floor Routine Got Me Permanently Banned From Twitter, www.linkedin.com
- How I’m Promoting My Webinar Series with Facebook Ads, www.jonloomer.com
- How to opt out of sharing your WhatsApp info with Facebook, techcrunch.com
- LinkedIn Scraped by Bad Bots in Massive Scale Attack, www.cmswire.com
- Organically shared Facebook content is the new marketing, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Real Life Social Marketing Examples, smallbiztrends.com
- Snapchat Attracts More Campaign Spending, adage.com
- Social Media Keyboard Shortcuts Cheatsheet 2016, www.blogherald.com
- Tap Into Professional Knowledge with Content Search at LinkedIn, blog.linkedin.com
- The Impact of Instagram Stories on Influencer Marketing, www.adweek.com
- Twitter Said to Work on Anti-Harassment Keyword Filtering Tool, www.bloomberg.com
- Want To Run Promoted Stickers On Twitter? It’ll Cost At Least $500,000, www.buzzfeed.com
- 14 Million People Watched The Trump Tower Climber on Facebook Live, media.fb.com
- BuzzFeed Is Ready to Step Up Its Game in News Video, adage.com
- Facebook Live Is Great for Real Time Content Marketing, www.webinknow.com
- Facebook’s video editor is embarrassingly old, and Apple is creeping, techcrunch.com
- How British brands are using Facebook Live, digiday.com
- How to Make Your Own Explainer Video, blog.crazyegg.com
- The Facebook Video Statistics You Need To Know In 2016, mediakix.com
- This Study From Nielsen and Google Says YouTube and Linear TV Help Each Other, www.adweek.com
- Video Production: How to Create Quality Videos Quickly, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Watch out, YouTube, Amazon’s driving subscription revenue for video creators, digiday.com
- Yahoo Esports and ESL Team Up for Live Streaming, yahoo.tumblr.com