Marketing Day: MAdTech, URL indexing & PPC tips for Super Bowl LI
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- MAdTech: The marketers’ view
Jan 30, 2017 by Peter Minnium
As media, advertising and technology become increasingly interwined, contributor Peter Minnium takes a look at how marketers and agencies are responding to this mad, mad, MAdTech world.
- How to check which URLs have been indexed without upsetting Google: A follow-up
Jan 30, 2017 by Paul Shapiro
How can we determine which of our site pages aren’t indexed without running afoul of Google’s guidelines? Columnist Paul Shapiro shares his methods.
- Commercial success: 3 last-minute PPC tips to pump up the effectiveness of Super Bowl LI TV ad buys
Jan 30, 2017 by Purna Virji
Columnist Purna Virji shares her tips for advertisers in capitalizing on game-day search volume.
- Increase the impact of your testing program in 2017
Jan 30, 2017 by Nick Iyengar
Columnist Nick Iyengar shares tips on how to take your organization’s testing program to the next level without investing in the latest technology and tools.
- The rise of retention marketing as a strategic priority in 2017
Jan 30, 2017 by Heather Timney
Why should marketers be putting the spotlight on retention marketing? Contributor Heather Timney explains how shifting your focus toward existing customers will positively impact your bottom line.
- Branch unveils AMP Deepviews, so content in uninstalled apps can be previewed from search results
Jan 30, 2017 by Barry Levine
The new solution shows app-based content in Google as fast-loading and preferred AMP pages, if the app has not been installed.
- TrustRadius report: Demos, trials and customers’ opinions count most for B2B buyers
Jan 30, 2017 by Barry Levine
Less effective in making the sale: websites and marketing materials, unless validated by third-party sources.
- #DeleteUber: Companies being forced by events to wade into political fray
Jan 29, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Neutrality may no longer be an option in the Trump era.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg: The US “is a nation of immigrants, and we should be proud of that”, Quartz
- Google is pledging $4M to support U.S. immigration organizations, TechCrunch
- LinkedIn Expands Refugee Support Program to the U.S., Official LinkedIn Blog
- Snap selects New York Stock Exchange for IPO, Reuters
- 3 Ways to Make Controversial Content Work for Your Brand, Marketo
- A System for Easily Publishing Consistently Great Content, Problogger
- Content Inventories Don’t Have to Bog You Down: Use Random Sampling, CMS Wire
- Day One: How to Build a “Backbone” for Your Content Marketing, Problogger
- For Native Advertising, 2017 Looks Like a Year of Clarity, eMarketer
- Stop Killing Your Content Team: 3 Ways to Scale Work With Existing Resources, Content Marketing Institute
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 13 Free Tools to Test Website Speed, Practical Ecommerce
- 7 Copywriting Tips for Marketing Professionals, CopyPressed
- How to Customize Your WordPress Theme Design with Yellow Pencil, WPExplorer
- Online Ad Formats and Elements That Get Attention, MarketingProfs
- The 2017 UX and User Research Industry Survey results are in!, UserTesting Blog
- CENTR Report: 309.4 Million Domains At End of 2016, The Domains
- Alexa will now take your Starbucks order, Venture Beat
- Ecommerce Product Reviews Help Shoppers in Era of Distrust, Practical Ecommerce
- What Amazon’s Dash button means for the future of online shopping, Internet Retailer
- Why eBay should think big and be ready to buy, Internet Retailer
- 10 Ways to Repurpose Your Content for Email Marketing, Movable Ink Blog
- How To Build Emails That Resonate With Millennials, Search Engine People
General Internet Marketing
- 5 Rebranding Lessons From a CMO Who’s Been There, CMS Wire
- Report: B2B Marketers are Still Experimenting with Influencer Marketing, KoMarketing
Internet Marketing Industry
- Bizible Introduces Custom Attribution Modeling With Machine Learning Recommendation, Bizible
- Siegel+Gale Unveils Seventh Annual Global Brand Simplicity Index: Brands That Embrace Simplicity, PR Newswire
- Interviewing for a martech role when the interviewer doesn’t understand martech, Chief Marketing Technologist
- 27% of all Starbucks transactions last quarter came from mobile pay, Mobile Commerce Daily
- Ads on the web will get better with AMP. Here’s how., Accelerated Mobile Pages Project
- How to Master the Mobile Market in 2017, PPC Hero
- Three Ways Location Marketing Is Changing in 2017, Street Fight
- What makes an effective brand slogan?, Econsultancy
- You Have 1/20th of a Second: Does Your Site Gain Trust in Time?, Shopify Plus
- 20 Taboo Topics to Stay Away From on Your Company’s Social Media Channels, Small Biz Trends
- 2017 Facebook: Is Your Business Missing Out?, Heidi Cohen
- 3 Ways to Improve Your Facebook Ads, Social Media Examiner
- A Day in the Life of a Paid Social Account Manager, Perscopix
- Facebook challenges email for control of your online identity, TechCrunch
- Facebook Developing Animated Selfie Masks for Brands, AdAge
- FBI request for Twitter account data may have overstepped legal guidelines, Reuters
- How Competitive Analysis Can Transform Your Social Marketing Plan, Simply Measured
- How-to: factor latent conversions into Facebook ad optimization, 3Q Digital
- Pinterest Makes First Push in Targeting Super Bowl Viewers With Personalized Microsite, Adweek
- Snapchat Marketing Strategy 101: Getting Started, Building a Community, and Generating ROI, Buffer Blog
- Social Listening for Customer Insight and Engagement in 2017, MarketingProfs
- The 6 Social Media Marketing Fads Taking Over 2017, Social Media Explorer
- Periscope adds “Proudly made in America by immigrants” to app loading screen, The Verge
- Video Future 2017: It’s All About Data, MarTech Advisor
- What brands need to know about Facebook’s long-form video push, Econsultancy
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.
New on MarTech