Marketing Day: Local search ranking factors, adaptive marketing & consumer privacy laws
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- SMX West session: The definitive guide to local search ranking factors
Mar 27, 2017 by Greg Gifford
What will help your local business stand out in Google search results? Contributor Greg Gifford recaps an SMX West presentation that took a comprehensive look at local search ranking factors.
- SEM account management: Part 3 — How to get more responsibility
Mar 27, 2017 by Ted Ives
Feeling confident in your abilities and looking to take things to the next level? In the final installment in his three-part series on SEM account management, columnist Ted Ives discusses how to get ahead in your career.
- Adaptive marketing: The key to winning in the Engagement Economy
Mar 27, 2017 by Chandar Pattabhiram
Today’s consumers demand personalized and authentic experiences on their preferred channels, in ways that matter to them. Columnist Chandar Pattabhiram explains how marketers can adapt to these consumer needs to win their loyalty.
- Compare 24 content marketing tools
Mar 27, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
“Content Marketing Tools: A Marketer’s Guide” is the source for the latest trends, opportunities and challenges facing the market for content marketing tools. This 64-page report includes: profiles of 24 leading vendors. pricing charts and capabilities comparisons. recommended steps for evaluating. Visit Digital Marketing Depot to download your copy.
- MarTech beta rates expire this week – reserve your seat now
Mar 27, 2017 by Scott Brinker
Attend MarTech San Francisco May 9-11 for 70+ presentations, 100+ speakers, 100+ exhibitors and sponsors and networking with 2,500 martech professionals. My hand-crafted agenda is a master class in marketing, technology and management topics.
- How AI will shape the future of search
Mar 27, 2017 by Justin Freid
Artificial intelligence is changing the way users access information online. Columnist Justin Freid discusses where the trends are heading and what this might mean for search marketers.
- A new language called WebAssembly is opening the door to the next generation of browsers
Mar 27, 2017 by Barry Levine
Backed by Google, Mozilla, Microsoft and others, it can dramatically boost performance, decrease download times and enable app-like experiences.
- Self-serve analytics: Dream or reality?
Mar 27, 2017 by Nick Iyengar
Despite the hype, self-serve analytics isn’t for everyone. Columnist Nick Iyengar says you need to take a close look at your team and its culture to get a better understanding of the right solution for your organization.
- How changes to consumer privacy law might impact marketers and martech
Mar 27, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Abdication of consumer privacy protection in Washington could cause states to jump into the fray.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Calculate Content Marketing and Customer Acquisition Metrics: CAC, CLV & ROI, MarketingProfs
- Why Social Data Is The Ultimate Map To What Interests People, NewsWhip
Blogs & Blogging
- 11 Kickass Blog Homepage Examples, and Why They Work, Jeff Bullas
- A Step-By-Step Guide to How I Write a Blog Post, Problogger
- Amazon delays launch of Amazon Go convenience store due to technical difficulties, Quartz
- Facebook Hires Apple Veteran to Run Oculus VR Hardware, Bloomberg
- Facebook looks inward for new AI technical talent, TechCrunch
- Spotify acquires and shutters MightyTV, a content recommendation startup founded by Admeld’s Brian Adams, VentureBeat
- 7 Risks of Data-Driven Content Creation & 8 Tips to Avoid Them, Crazy Egg
- How to Source and Share Relevant Content on Your WordPress Website, WPExplorer
- How to Blast Away the Top 15 Conversion Roadblocks on Your Website, Quick Sprout
- How to Optimize Website Conversions to Improve Site Revenue, MarketingProfs
- Stop Trying to Increase Your Conversion Rates, Shopify Plus
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- The Vital Common Sense Marketing Strategy You May Have Forgotten, The Blog Herald
- Amazon to collect sales tax in most states starting April 1st, VentureBeat
- How to Use Split Testing to Optimize Your E-Commerce Store’s Prices, Search Engine Journal
- Nearly 27% of all shoppers will buy online for Easter, Digital Commerce 360
- Why Trust an E-commerce Company?, Convince and Convert
- 8 Best Practices for Building Trust in Email Marketing, Movable Ink Blog
- Email Drip Campaigns: How to Make Them Smart and Blunder-Free, Content Marketing Institute
- The Most Effective Ways to Grow Email Subscriber Lists, MarketingProfs
- The Science of Subject Line A/B Testing, VerticalResponse
General Internet Marketing
- 3 Tips for Scaling Marketing without Sacrificing Engagement, Marketo
- A Snapshot of Digital Marketing in 2017: Key Statistics, CMS Wire
- Brand Commerce: Pushing the value of your brand through trial, Econsultancy
- Has Ad Tech and Mar Tech Investment Peaked?, AdExchanger
- THE HACKIES: How leading marketing executives tackle martech, Chief Marketing Technologist
- These Tech-Savvy CMOs Embody All the Talents the Modern Marketer Needs, Adweek
- What does the art and science of marketing really mean? Your thoughts?, Chief Marketing Technologist
- Building For Mobile: RWD, PWA, AMP Or Instant Articles?, Smashing Magazine
- Google Play pilot test in U.S. introduces a “free app of the week” section, techcrunch.com
- Introducing Live Location in Messenger, Facebook Newsroom
- Apple opens developer lottery registration for WWDC 2017 tickets, Apple Insider
- For advertisers, algorithms can lead to unexpected exposure on sites spewing hate, The Washington Post
- 7 Proven Trust Signals on WordPress Sites, WPExplorer
- Brand safety remains a frustrating game of Whack-A-Mole, Digiday
- 6 Creative Ways to Use Instagram Multiple Photos and Videos, Adweek
- 7 Hidden Facebook Power Editor Features to Save You Time, Social Media Examiner
- Drive Quality Conversions for Your Brand with Facebook Ads, PPC Hero
- Facebook Is Testing Ads in the Related Articles Section of Instant Articles, Adweek
- Facebook officially launches “Town Hall” for contacting government reps, adds local election reminders, TechCrunch
- The 7 Things You Wish You’d Known About Facebook, PPC Hero
- Three quarters of European publishers prioritize Facebook, Digiday
- Twitter 101: Basic Tips, Compukol
- YouTube’s ad mess gives advertisers leverage for what they really want: More data, Recode
- Meet the Man Behind YouTube’s Sudden Ad Crisis. He Has a Patented Fix, AdAge
- The 7 Features of a Successful Product Demo Video, The Blog Herald
- Twitter’s Hopes For Ad Revenue Growth Hinge On Video, AdExchanger