Marketing Day: Facebook Messenger gets Instant Articles, Instagram advertising & more
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Valassis announces new service to trigger mobile coupons from TV/radio ads or videos
Jul 14, 2016 by Barry Levine
Marketing services firm says Audible Offers is the first such widescale effort connecting ads or videos heard through speakers to a mobile wallet.
- Facebook brings Instant Articles to Messenger
Jul 14, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
A more instant article experience is coming to your Facebook Messenger app.
- Mobile marketing AMPlification: Content, performance and measurement
Jul 14, 2016 by Jim Yu
What’s the deal with Accelerated Mobile Pages, and how do they relate to micro-moments? Columnist Jim Yu discusses the connection and explains what brands need to know to stay ahead of the curve.
- Suffered a rankings drop? Use this checklist to diagnose why
Jul 14, 2016 by Ian Bowden
Columnist Ian Bowden has created a checklist for SEOs to help troubleshoot losses in rankings and organic traffic.
- Domain Level Metrics’ dashboard aggregates metrics from Moz, SpyFu, SEMRush & others
Jul 14, 2016 by Barry Levine
The new product, free during its beta phase, displays everything from the tools’ APIs.
- Introducing the “Influencer Marketing Technology Landscape”
Jul 14, 2016 by Travis Wright
How do you know which influencer technology platform is right for you? Columnist Travis Wright summarizes a new guide that aims to demystify the influencer martech space.
- How to conjure big PPC profits with a few hundred dollars
Jul 14, 2016 by Larry Kim
Search engine marketing for generic terms in competitive industries can be costly, but columnist Larry Kim has a better way. Learn how to combine RLSA with social ads for high impact at a low cost.
- Marketers must learn hard lessons of mobile to succeed with IoT
Jul 14, 2016 by Josh Manion
As the Internet of Things gains traction, are marketers ready? Columnist Josh Manion takes a look at what we can learn from mobile and what marketers must do to prepare.
- How Pokémon Go will level up local advertising
Jul 14, 2016 by Adam Dorfman
Contributor Adam Dorfman discusses how local businesses may be able to capitalize on Pokémon Go, the augmented reality game for mobile that’s become an overnight success.
- Graphing trends can make you better at calling A/B tests
Jul 14, 2016 by Brian Massey
How do you know when to keep an A/B test running or to stop it before it costs you revenue? Columnist Brian Massey walks you through the nitty-gritty of trend graphs.
- With third EU antitrust complaint, Google confronts $20 billion in potential fines
Jul 14, 2016 by Greg Sterling
AdSense for Search contracts with publishers are the focus of the new charges coming from from the European Commission.
- Why talent was the elephant in the room at Cannes Lions
Jul 14, 2016 by Penry Price
How can marketers find and retain talent? The question was a hot topic at this year’s Cannes Lions, and columnist and LinkedIn VP Penry Price was on hand to reveal what he learned.
- Ready to step up your game with Instagram advertising?
Jul 13, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Explosive user growth. Rapid platform expansion. Expanding brand opportunities. There are countless reasons to bring your brand to Instagram. But do you know what it takes to drive success once you’re there?
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Report: US Google search spend was flat, but mobile spend jumped 55 percent in Q2
- 10 factors that may be impacting your organic traffic
- Why you cannot ignore practitioner listings on Google My Business (case study)
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Meet the Newest Marketing Acronym: What Is UMIA, and Should You Care?, www.martechadvisor.com
- Pinterest Analytics, www.verticalresponse.com
- These 4 Engagement Metrics Proved HouseLogic’s Content ROI, contently.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 10 Insanely Good Reasons You Should Publish On Medium, www.wordstream.com
- 5 Killer Tips for Small Businesses to Generate Better Blog Traffic, smallbiztrends.com
- How to Optimize Old Blog & Website Content for a Bright Future, blog.crazyegg.com
- Pinterest acquires the team behind mobile apps Highlight and Shorts, venturebeat.com
- Yahoo Is Said to Collect Final Bids as Auction Nears Its End, New York Times
- 5 Tips to Map Content to the Buyer’s Journey, blog.marketo.com
- How creating a content calendar can help you #DrawTheCrowds, adsense.googleblog.com
- How to Overcome the ‘Three-Month Slump’ of Branded Content, contently.com
- How to Use Retroactive Interference for a Winning Content Strategy, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Storytelling 301: Site Content as Story, moz.com
- What’s the Difference Between a Writer and a Content Marketer?, www.copyblogger.com
- Why Automation is the Future of Content Creation, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- 21 Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) Tools to Increase Your ROI, www.toprankblog.com
- CRO Breakthrough: Bounce Rates Are Lying To You, www.goinflow.com
- Free Pre-Publish Landing Page Optimization Worksheet, unbounce.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Does Swearing in Copy Make You More Persuasive?, conversionxl.com
- Planning your website like your holiday, yoast.com
- The Elements of a Seamless Customer Experience, www.cmswire.com
- The Style Guide for Progressives That Will Make You Rethink Your Language, contently.com
Display & Contextual Advertising
- Why do UK display-ad-viewability rates keep sinking?, digiday.com
- Nearly 4,000 Pokemon Domain Names Registered, www.domaininvesting.com
- 5 Opportunities To Increase Average Order Value, www.searchenginepeople.com
- Amazon is developing a 3D modeling system to solve online clothes shopping’s biggest problem, qz.com
- An Amazon seller’s secrets of success, www.internetretailer.com
- Consumers’ Preferred Retail Shipping Options, www.marketingprofs.com
- Gen Z lacks brand loyalty, seeks social engagement, open to loyalty programs, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- How to market to consumers as they move from one device to another, www.internetretailer.com
- SMB Ecommerce Shippers Diversifying Carrier Services, multichannelmerchant.com
- 5 steps to emails that reach the inbox, myemma.com
- Email marketing can destroy brand loyalty, www.branded3.com
- How Pet Supplies Plus Boosted Open Rates with Video + Email, movableink.com
General Internet Marketing
- An Ever-Expanding Marketing Funnel Creates More Opportunities For Personalization, adexchanger.com
- Campbell’s CMO Is Taking Over Its Digital Marketing. Why Other Brands May Not Follow Suit, www.adweek.com
- How to Structure Your Digital Team: 15 Critical Roles, www.cmswire.com
- Keeping Your Business And Clients Safe With Digital Policies, www.smashingmagazine.com
- The Rising Cost of Influencer Marketing: How Much Is too Much?, www.adweek.com
- Three Tips for Building Internal Support for Influencer Marketing, www.marketingprofs.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Akamai Appoints Monique Bonner as CMO, www.akamai.com
- The first tool to track revenue from your social media marketing efforts, www.zoho.com
- Verse Redefines Storytelling with Launch of Revolutionary Interactive Video Player, www.prnewswire.com
- Widening the Window: How Additional Opportunities Give a View of a Larger Audience, www.nielsen.com
- 6 Tools for Automating B2B Social Media Marketing, www.komarketingassociates.com
- How hiring a marketing technologist can be made easy, www.martechadvisor.com
- Cutting through the noise around location accuracy, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Facebook Messenger Adds 3D Touch Support on iOS, www.adweek.com
- Facing email’s limitations, Clover Letter branches out with an app, digiday.com
- What you need to know about messaging app Line in 6 charts, digiday.com
- Why Consumers Download, and Delete, a Retailer’s Mobile App, www.emarketer.com
- Promoting gender equality through emoji, Official Google Blog
- Tumblr: Now you can send pictures in messaging, staff.tumblr.com
- Ads on Premium Publishers’ Sites Are 3 Times More Effective at Boosting Brand Favorability, www.adweek.com
- 10 Snapchat Hacks to Make Your Snaps Stand Out, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- An Award-Winning Social Intranet Encourages a New Organizational Culture, www.cmswire.com
- Best practices: Using Sign in with Twitter to link customer accounts, www.Twitter.com
- Facebook and Instagram Ads – What Every Marketer Needs to Know, www.socialbakers.com
- Facebook and Twitter are getting rich by building a culture of snitching, qz.com
- How Facebook Sees How Thousands of Devices React to Code Changes, www.adweek.com
- Instagram and Facebook: A Tale of Two Feeds, blog.business.instagram.com
- Introducing the Facebook SDK for Swift Beta, developers.facebook.com
- Snapchat Branded Geofilters Get a Boost From Startup Yext, adage.com
- The Biggest Facebook Publishers of June 2016, www.newswhip.com
- The Complete Guide to Instagram Marketing, blog.bufferapp.com
- Three reasons why you should localize social media posts, www.econsultancy.com
- Twitter signs a live-streaming deal to bring Pac-12 university sports to its service, techcrunch.com
- Winners of Facebook Innovation Spotlight Real Results Category Announced, www.facebook.com
- Essential Tools and Tactics for Video on Social, www.newswhip.com
- Google’s Programmatic Video Biz Is Growing Like A Weed, adexchanger.com
- How Google’s YouTube Business Is Tuned In, www.wsj.com
- Marketing Video: Personalize Your Outreach With Account-Based Marketing, www.marketingprofs.com
- Watch the Conventions live on YouTube, youtube.googleblog.com
- Who will win the live-streaming battle: Facebook Live or Periscope?, econsultancy.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.
New on MarTech