Marketing Day: Instagram’s 500K advertisers, Twitter’s app install ads & more
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Forrester: Here are some ways marketers can adapt to messaging apps
Sep 22, 2016 by Barry Levine
These emerging ‘relationship platforms’ are part of a new, intelligent conversational interface that changes the customer relationship once again.
- 4 ways to improve your value as a strategic SEO partner
Sep 22, 2016 by Derek Edmond
Sometimes retaining clients is about more than doing great SEO work. Columnist Derek Edmond explains how to increase your value through improved client relationships.
- Everything you need to know about Google’s ‘Possum’ algorithm update
Sep 22, 2016 by Joy Hawkins
Wondering what’s up with local search rankings lately? Columnist Joy Hawkins has the scoop on a recent local algorithm update that local SEO experts are calling ‘Possum.’
- GeoBlocks offer more precise location targeting and analytics, says xAd
Sep 22, 2016 by Greg Sterling
This was one of several announcements at its “On Location” event in New York.
- Is interest targeting the future of marketing?
Sep 22, 2016 by Steve Olenski
Contributor Steve Olenski believes interest targeting could be the way forward for brands, allowing for more control and communication with key audience members.
- [PODCAST] Marketing Land Live #29: Google AMP’s impact on marketers & publishers
Sep 22, 2016 by Matt McGee
In this week’s episode, we dive deeply into how Google is expanding Accelerated Mobile Pages into its core mobile search results, and what that means for marketers and publishers.
- “Stop clicking around!” How Hilton’s CMO rallied a 100-year-old company to No. 1
Sep 22, 2016 by Nadine Dietz & Erica Seidel
Hilton Worldwide CMO Geraldine Calpin shares an inside look into the hotel chain’s biggest and boldest campaign ever in an interview with contributors Nadine Dietz and Erica Seidel.
- Twitter’s app install ads go native inside its ad network
Sep 22, 2016 by Tim Peterson
With the click of a button, mobile advertisers’ app install ads on Twitter can be converted into native ads running across its in-app ad network.
- Is mobile SEO obsolete?
Sep 22, 2016 by Bryson Meunier
As more and more people use their mobile phones to do everything, including search, columnist Bryson Meunier says, it’s no longer possible to treat mobile as a separate niche of SEO.
- Instagram now has more than 500,000 active advertisers
Sep 22, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Instagram’s advertiser base has more than doubled since February, and more than 1.5 million businesses have converted to its business profiles since May.
- Dark social dominates holiday sharing [RadiumOne data]
Sep 22, 2016 by Matt McGee
Survey of 1,000 consumers points to the importance of email and messaging for sharing of holiday-related content.
- Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) burst into Google search results
Sep 22, 2016 by Greg Sterling
AMP showing momentum as Google races to make mobile web more user-friendly.
- Allo: Google again moves deck chairs on its sinking Titanic in the messaging wars
Sep 21, 2016 by Danny Sullivan
Yet another messaging app from Google, with little reason to expect it to be a success.
- Navigate your marketing automation options with this checklist
Sep 21, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Companies using marketing automation see 53 percent higher conversion rates, according to the Aberdeen Group. But there are hundreds of software companies that have been identified as marketing automation platforms. Add in customer relationship management software, email marketing platforms and experience management tools and the market is daunting at best.
- For Chevrolet and Hollywood, IBM’s Watson is learning how to understand emotions and personalities
Sep 21, 2016 by Barry Levine
The computer superstar is detecting emotions and personalities from social posts and selecting a movie’s most suspenseful shots for a trailer.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- 6 reasons why SEO fails, and how you can succeed at it
- 9 tools to help you succeed with Google SERP features
- Autumnal Equinox Google doodle welcomes first day of fall in the Northern Hemisphere
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Snaplytics launches its Snapchat analytics platform for brands and influencers, venturebeat.com
- The 3 Biggest Metrics for Digital Marketers, www.webpresence.tv
Blogs & Blogging
- Avoid Content Ennui: 10 Creative Blog Types to Serve Your Audience, www.toprankblog.com
- You Are What You Publish, www.webinknow.com
- Your Blog as an ROI Generator, www.blogherald.com
- An Important Message About Yahoo User Security, yahoo.tumblr.com
- Yahoo shutting down Flickr Marketplace as it rethinks photo licensing and royaltie, venturebeat.com
- 5 Ways Strategic Bullet Points Make You a Stronger Content Marketer, www.copyblogger.com
- 7 Ways to Utilize Infographics In Your Content Marketing Strategy, www.copypress.com
- How a Project Manager Solves Content Marketing Challenges, www.verticalmeasures.com
- How to Unify Content in a Multi-Brand Enterprise System, www.convinceandconvert.com
- October 2016 Marketing and Holiday Planning, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Using Supporting Content to Build Loyal Customers, Authority, www.practicalecommerce.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 5 UX issues retailers still struggle with, www.usertesting.com
- Does Your Homepage Suck?, www.copyblogger.com
- Keep It Fresh: Steps for Updating Your Website Content, www.bruceclay.com
- The customer experience revolution requires advertising with purpose, econsultancy.com
- 5 Magic Steps to Refresh an Old or Expired Domain, www.linkresearchtools.com
- People are forgetting .com exists – ICANN survey, domainincite.com
- Amazon undercuts rivals with launch of new photo printing service, Amazon Prints, techcrunch.com
- Can stores survive by becoming digital marketplaces?, www.internetretailer.com
- Devices Consumers Use to Shop for Fashion Online, www.marketingprofs.com
- Global 1000 spotlight: The promise of cross-border e-commerce, www.internetretailer.com
- Is dynamic pricing in e-commerce poised for growth?, www.internetretailer.com
- The Key to Global Selling Success: Accurate Translation, www.marketingwords.com
- Coming Soon to Gmail: Better Email Rendering, blog.mailchimp.com
- The Email Marketer’s Holiday 2016 Playbook, movableink.com
- Why Email Marketing’s Only Limit Is Your Imagination, 3qdigital.com
General Internet Marketing
- Are organizations well-equipped for omnichannel marketing?, econsultancy.com
- The Moment of Truth Nearly Every Brand Blows, www.convinceandconvert.com
- What Librarians Can Teach Marketers About Weeding Out ROT, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- YOU Are the Message: 4 Ways Branding Impacts Your Bottom Line, www.ducttapemarketing.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Neustar Introduces Advanced Marketing Attribution Analytics Through Partnership With Facebook, www.realwire.com
- Purch Launches Purch Perks, a New Membership and Loyalty Platform, www.purch.com
- We’re Revolutionizing the Social Analytics Space. Again., simplymeasured.com
- 5 Ways for a CMO to Forge a Powerful Partnership with the CIO, www.martechadvisor.com
- App Developers: It’s Time to Focus on Retention Strategies, www.adweek.com
- How Old-School Tactics From Emerging Economies Can Inform Local Marketing, streetfightmag.com
- Mobile app marketers will lose $100 million to fraud this year, venturebeat.com
- Mobile Data Marketplace Creates Direct Path for App Dollars, adage.com
- The Difference Between AMP and Mobile-Friendly Pages, www.searchenginejournal.com
- The pros and cons of messaging with a business, venturebeat.com
- Why luxury brands think mobile first, www.internetretailer.com
- Building a Personal Brand on Social Media in a Global Environment, blog.bufferapp.com
- 3 Tips for Better Facebook Engagement, www.socialbakers.com
- 4 Creative Ways to Use Instagram for Business, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 5 Big New Social Media Marketing Trends, www.wordstream.com
- Accelerating LinkedIn’s Vision Through Innovation, blog.linkedin.com
- As Social Platforms Replicate Features, Where Should Brands Put Content?, www.adweek.com
- Facebook is expanding its campaign to combat hate speech, www.theverge.com
- Profile Expression Kit Now Open To All Developers, developers.facebook.com
- Social Success for the CMO: Four Signs You’re Doing It Right, www.marketingprofs.com
- What’s Up With Pinterest’s New Group Board Messages?, blog.tailwindapp.com
- Google launches its Daydream VR development tools out of beta, techcrunch.com
- How to Rapidly Build a Huge Periscope Brand, www.jeffbullas.com
- Introducing YouTube Creators for Change, youtube.googleblog.com
- Teens Use YouTube, Gmail More than Social Networks, www.emarketer.com
- The Top 11 Online Video Marketing Statistics For 2016, mediakix.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.
New on MarTech