Marketing Day: Heinz Super Bowl Ad, Telenor Acquires Tapad & Facebook News Feed Updates
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- NFL Teases Its Own Super Bowl 50 Ad With Launch Of “Super Bowl Babies Choir” Video
Feb 1, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
In line with its “Football Is Family” campaign, NFL’s spot includes groups of Super Bowl babies singing along with Seal.
- Marketing Land’s SocialPro Coming To Seattle This June; Registration Open
Feb 1, 2016 by Marketing Land
Sharpen your social media marketing skills by attending Marketing Land’s SocialPro! We’ve moved to an awesome new location: the Bell Harbor Convention Center on the waterfront in Seattle, WA. Join fellow hard core social media practitioners for cutting-edge paid, earned and owned tactics from leading brands and agencies.
- Beta Rates Expire Next Week. Register For MarTech Today!
Feb 1, 2016 by Marketing Land
Join innovators and main street brands next month pioneering marketing technology at MarTech: The Marketing Tech Conference. Score $350 in savings on All Access Passes by February 13. Register today!
- Heinz “Wiener Stampede” Super Bowl Ad Launches Brand’s #MeetTheKetchups Campaign
Feb 1, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Today, Heinz released both its official 30-second Super Bowl spot and an extended version of the ad.
- Telenor Acquires Tapad For $360 Million
Feb 1, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
The mobile carrier aims to bring Tapad’s cross-device expertise to emerging markets in Europe and Asia.
- Facebook: News Feed Algorithm Now More Influenced By User Feedback & Surveys
Feb 1, 2016 by Matt McGee
Company reminds Page owners that asking for likes and clicks isn’t a good long-term visibility strategy.
- No-Hype SEO: A Realistic Formula For Making SEO Work For Your Business, Part 2
Feb 1, 2016 by Daniel Faggella
In part 2 of his two-part series on simplifying your SEO efforts to achieve results, columnist Daniel Faggella shows how you can turn visitors into leads — and leads into sales.
- 3 Reasons B2B Marketers Must Embrace Mobile… Now
Feb 1, 2016 by Patricia Hursh
Have you optimized your B2B website for mobile search? If not, columnist Patricia Hursh explains why you must work to become mobile-friendly immediately.
- Cutting Through The Hype: 5 Points To Drive Value From A Data Management Platform (DMP)
Feb 1, 2016 by David Booth
Are you getting all you can out of your data management platform? Columnist David Booth discusses what you should focus on to ensure successful results.
- Can You Make Online Reputation Damage Disappear? Yes, There’s Hope.
Feb 1, 2016 by Chris Silver Smith
Suffering from online reputation damage? Columnist Chris Silver Smith reveals some ways to help mitigate it, or even make it disappear entirely.
- Martech Landscape: What Is An Ad Exchange?
Feb 1, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
How do ad exchanges work, and do they differ from ad networks or supply-side platforms?
- Workflow Automator Zapier Takes Another Step Toward De Facto Marketing Automation By Adding “Multi-Step Zaps”
Feb 1, 2016 by Barry Levine
A user can now chain together an unlimited number of business applications to automatically conduct pre-defined steps.
- MarketingZoom Launches Site For Buying And Selling Marketing
Jan 29, 2016 by Barry Levine
The Portland, Oregon-based company wants the site to fill the need of companies looking to buy and sell local marketing opportunities.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Google Search iOS App Adds “I’m Feeling Curious” To 3-D Touch
- Valentine’s Day Searches Start Now: When They’ll Peak Depends On The Category
- Google Expanding Candidate Cards, Will Also Offer Primary Voting Reminders
- 10 Local Link Building Tips for 2016
- Frederick Douglass Google Doodle Opens Black History Month Celebrating Revered US Abolitionist
- 7 Ways Small Businesses Can Leverage Third-Party Apps for Local Search & Marketing
- Google’s Fake Locksmith Problem Once Again Hits The New York Times
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- ComScore Completes $768M Merger With Rentrak In Bid For Cross-Screen Measurement, adexchanger.com
- The top result marketers look at when measuring engagement, www.retaildive.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 15 Tips to Help Keep Your Blog Secure from Threats, www.blogtyrant.com
- Take It To’s blogging platform helps creative professionals showcase and share their work, venturebeat.com
- Announcing Yahoo’s new Head of Global Public Policy: April Boyd, yahoopolicy.tumblr.com
- Google Fiber may be looking to add phone services, www.washingtonpost.com
- Google Is Hearing Facebook’s Footsteps, www.wsj.com
- Italy Pursues Google for Around $327 Million in Back Taxes, Wall Street Journal
- Marissa Mayer to Make Case That Yahoo Can Be Turned Around, adage.com
- 4 Tips for Honing Your Content to Reach Gen Z, www.convinceandconvert.com
- 5 Tools to Manage Your Freelance Content Team, blog.marketo.com
- Content Marketing is NOT a Game of Traffic, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Do Content Marketers Need Editorial Independence?, contently.com
- How to Grow Your Site Revenue, www.searchenginejournal.com
- The 3 Traits of a Great Content Marketing Mindset, contently.com
- The In-Depth Guide to Content Promotion, blog.crazyegg.com
- What Is a Content Marketer?, www.copyblogger.com
- What’s it Take to “Go Viral?” 11 Traits to Give Your Idea Wings, moz.com
- Which Types of Content do B2B Tech Buyers Respond To Most?, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Why User Generated Content is Taking the Content Marketing Space by Storm?, www.martechadvisor.com
- Why Your Content Marketing Campaigns Fail, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 3 Foolproof Ways to Ruin Your Conversion Rate, www.problogger.net
- How to Use Influencer Marketing to Boost Conversions, www.jeffbullas.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Not all responsive designs are created equal, www.internetretailer.com
- To Block or Not to Block: Can UX and Digital Advertising Be Friends?, www.usertesting.com
Display & Contextual Advertising
- Eye-Tracking Study: How Consumers View Display Ads, www.marketingprofs.com
- What are the advantages of RTB for buying display advertising?, econsultancy.com
- Which Self-Driving Car Domains will Win?, domainnamewire.com
- Amazon captures a third of visits to top retail websites, www.internetretailer.com
- Are online sales much higher than reported?, www.internetretailer.com
- Crawl Your Ecommerce Site with Python, Scrapy, www.practicalecommerce.com
- E-retailers cut clicks to check out and make it easier to return in stores, www.internetretailer.com
- Is Logistics About To Get Amazon’ed?, techcrunch.com
- Cold Emails Are Killing Deliverability. Earn Permission Instead!, blog.crazyegg.com
- Cracking the Code on Gmail Ads: My 7 Best Tips, www.wordstream.com
- Email Marketing Helps B2B Companies Boost Ecommerce Activities, www.emarketer.com
- How to Be Sure You’re Doing Everything You Can to Build Your Email List, blogs.constantcontact.com
- How to Ensure that Your Emails Are Read, www.compukol.com
General Internet Marketing
- Four Practical Segmentation Tips for B2B Marketers, www.marketingprofs.com
- The ANA And The 4A’s Clash Over Media Transparency Guidelines, adexchanger.com
- What a CMO Looks Like When He Knows His Super Bowl Ad Was a Total Waste, www.adweek.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- AWeber Launches “Ask Me About Email Marketing” Podcast, blog.aweber.com
- ChoiceStream Announces Matt Rosenberg as Chief Marketing Officer, www.choicestream.com
- Adtech isn’t in trouble — it’s just misunderstood, venturebeat.com
- Does Twitter Have What It Takes To Be An Ad Tech Contender?, adexchanger.com
- 7 Ways Local Merchants Can Use Messaging Apps for Marketing, streetfightmag.com
- Messaging Apps Are The Next Frontier, adexchanger.com
- Twitter Execs Lash Out After Being Called “Social Media” By Facebook, www.buzzfeed.com
- How Facebook tracks and profits from voters in a $10bn US election, www.theguardian.com
- 15 alternatives to Facebook’s Parse, venturebeat.com
- 2016 Facebook Marketing: What You Must Know To Succeed, heidicohen.com
- 4 Social Platforms That Could Steal Super Bowl Ad Spending Away From Twitter, www.adweek.com
- 9 Productivity Tools for Social Media Marketers, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- A Roadmap for Success at Twitter: Copy Facebook, www.adweek.com
- Facebook and Twitter: Users Process Mobile Content Faster, adage.com
- How to Create a Conversion-Based Facebook Campaign, simplymeasured.com
- How Twitter could be 10X bigger, 100X more profitable, and 1000X more awesome, venturebeat.com
- Snapchat Challenges Twitter And Facebook For Sports Talk, techcrunch.com
- This is Why You Should Use Emojis to Boost Engagement on Social Media Ads, www.adweek.com
- Twitter experiments with trending tweets in the timeline, venturebeat.com
- User acquisition via social platforms, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Watch What You Tweet!, smallbiztrends.com
- Which Social Media Network Is Right For Your WordPress Site?, www.wpexplorer.com
- Why Duplicating Tweets is a Good Strategy, www.adweek.com
- Will Ads on Instagram Reduce Organic Reach?, www.practicalecommerce.com
- YouTube Wins Another Round In German Copyright Tussle, fortune.com
- Facebook Live Streaming Examples from Business Users, smallbiztrends.com
- Here’s How to Link from Inside Youtube Video: Build Traffic from Youtube, www.internetmarketingninjas.com
- Programmatic’s Long Struggle With Mobile Complicates The Future Of Video, adexchanger.com
- The Fine Bros Backlash and the Problem with Licensing Video Content, www.reelseo.com
- Three Best Practices for Branded Video in 2016, adage.com
- Three Trends That Dominated Social Video in 2015, www.socialbakers.com
- U.S. Politics and the Late Night Talk Show: Who is Winning on Social Video?, www.reelseo.com
- Virtual Reality Is an Immersive Medium for Marketers, www.emarketer.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.
New on MarTech