Marketing Day: Google Shopping, brand safety & CMOs on the future of martech
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Using Bluetooth, beacons and NFC to personalize in-store shopping
Jun 15, 2017 by Justin Freid
At a time when brick-and-mortar retail stores are facing significant challenges, contributor Justin Freid suggests ways they could deploy new technologies to shore up their businesses.
- 2017 growth hacks: Optimizing organic market share
Jun 15, 2017 by Lori Weiman
Columnist Lori Weiman continues her series on search marketing growth hacks with an installment on improving organic search performance.
- Why ‘good’ isn’t good enough in Google Shopping
Jun 15, 2017 by Andreas Reiffen
Have you experienced high growth from your Google Shopping ads? You’re not the only one. Columnist Andreas Reiffen looks at growth data for product listing ads and explains why even an 89% growth in revenue year over year may not be enough to outpace your competitors.
- Who’s really responsible for brand safety? Tools you can employ to take the matter in hand
Jun 15, 2017 by Mark Williams
As brand safety continues to take center stage in the digital ad industry, contributor Mark Williams discusses the technologies and solutions you need to decrease risk and protect your brand.
- Pioneering CMOs discuss the future at MarTech
Jun 15, 2017 by Scott Brinker
I’m super excited to highlight some of our featured speakers presenting at MarTech, October 2-4 in Boston. It’s an all-star line up of pioneering CMOs and marketing visionaries. The advent of marketing automation 10 years ago was arguably the Big Bang of martech.
- Here’s how ‘customer tech’ may rescue consumers and brands from GDPR
Jun 15, 2017 by Barry Levine
The EU standard for consumer data may shield users from tracking and privacy violations, but it could also become a usability nightmare.
- WP Engine launches Content Performance analytics tool
Jun 15, 2017 by Barry Levine
Incorporating some Google Analytics data, the new capability is designed to better measure content by authors, posts and topics.
- How to market your brand using interactive native content — Part 3
Jun 15, 2017 by Jane Loring
In Part 3 of a series, contributor Jane Loring explains how interactive native content can go a long way toward educating your audience, building trust and increasing brand awareness.
- Google’s mobile-first index likely not coming until 2018 at earliest
Jun 15, 2017 by Matt McGee
At SMX Advanced, Gary Illyes says Google will “communicate a lot” before rolling out the mobile-first index.
- Twitter rolls out new apps; iOS versions support Apple’s ad blockers
Jun 15, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Twitter is switching its in-app browser to Apple’s Safari View Controller, which enables ad blocking and an ad-free Reader mode.
- What to look for in an SEO software platform
Jun 14, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
With hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands, and even millions of pages, sites and keywords to manage and optimize, enterprise SEO has become increasingly complicated and time-consuming. Using an enterprise SEO software platform can increase efficiency and productivity while reducing the time and errors involved in managing organic search campaigns.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 6 Factors to Look For in an Analytics Solution, CMS Wire
- Connecting the Dots Between Data and Creativity, AdAge
- How to Build an All-star Analytical Marketing Team, MarTech Advisor
- We Need Ad Fraud Measurement Standards, AdExchanger
- What Amazon’s Audience Match Tool Means For Advertisers, AdExchanger
- Google beats Apple again in global brand rankings, CNET
- Jeff Bezos asks Twitter for philanthropy ideas that can help “right now”, The Verge
- Snap’s Challenge: How to Grow Without Getting Awkward, Wall Street Journal
- 5 Reasons No One Cares About Content Marketing, Convince and Convert
- Four brands pushing the boundaries of content strategy, Econsultancy
- Free Content vs. Paid Content (What’s the Difference?), Amy Porterfield
- How to Build a Content Marketing Strategy That Works in 5 Steps, Search Engine Journal
- How to Convince Your Leaders to Invest in 10X Content (and Why You Should), Marketo
- Why a Good Content Audit Is Your Business’ Best Friend, Content Marketing Institute
- 3 Things You Need to Know to Create Content that Converts, Simply Measured
- How to Leverage Gated Content to Boost Conversions, Jeff Bullas
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 13 Empirically-Backed No BS Form Design Best Practices, ConversionXL
- How To Build An In-House UX Team, Usability Geek
- When to Use WordPress Post Formats Vs. Custom Post Types, WPExplorer
- SnapChat loses dispute over “GeoFilters” term, Domain Name Wire
- 3 Ways Automation Can Ease Holiday Order Fulfillment, Multichannel Merchant
- 3 Ways Online Retailers Can Take Smart Risks, Multichannel Merchant
- Amazon reportedly eyeing BigBasket buy in India, Retail Dive
- Ecommerce Product Releases: June 15, 2017, Practical Ecommerce
- How to Assure Your Customers That It’s Safe to Shop With You, The Blog Herald
- Ikea sets up shop on Amazon, Retail Dive
- The Retail Bubble: How to Survive and Thrive with Digital Innovation, Movable Ink Blog
- 10 ingredients for email signup success for retailers, Econsultancy
- Tips on Choosing an Email Service Provider, in 2017, Practical Ecommerce
General Internet Marketing
- 2017 Marketing Performance Management Benchmarks & Trends, MarketingProfs
- How to Build a Successful Social Media Marketing Plan, Social Media Examiner
Internet Marketing Industry
- AdTech-MarTech: Making the most of both “techtics”, MarTech Advisor
- 10 Amazing Local Marketing Hacks From This Popular Community Burger Joint, Small Biz Trends
- Retailers need to do their homework to capture mobile-only Gen Z, Retail Dive
- Big, Bold and Full of Feeling: The 2017 Facebook Awards Winners, Facebook for Business
- Celebrating 30 Years of the GIF, Facebook Newsroom
- Facebook promises to openly talk about its most controversial internal policies, The Verge
- Hard Questions, Facebook Newsroom
- How big brands coped with social media crises, Econsultancy
- How To Use LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms, Search Engine People
- How Twitter Is Taking On Manipulative Bots to Fight the Spread of Fake News, Adweek
- How Your Small Business Social Media Can Compete, Heidi Cohen
- Quick Guide to Facebook Lookalike Audiences for Multiple Countries, The AdStage Blog
- Snapchat Rolled Out LGBTQ Pride Month Creative Tools and Our Stories, Adweek
- Want Pinterest Ads Results? 8 Things You Need to Know Now!, Tailwind Blog
- Will Influencers Use The New Instagram Paid Partnership Tag?, MediaKix
- 127 Facts and Stats About Video Marketing, Plus Examples, MarketingProfs
- The Comey Testimony: How Publishers Used Video To Cover the Event + Engage Audiences, Facebook Media
- The Live Blog: June 14, 2017, Facebook Media
- Video View Metrics for Facebook and Instagram Are Being Added to CrowdTangle, Adweek
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.