Marketing Day: Google Shopping, retail bank email marketing & content strategy
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- My SEO optimized & UI-friendly e-commerce Frankenstein
Jun 6, 2016 by Christian Sculthorp
If you could create the perfect e-commerce website by combining elements from successful sites, which ones would you choose? Columnist Christian Sculthorp shares his picks.
- Can you manage your inventory with Google Shopping?
Jun 6, 2016 by Andreas Reiffen
Contributor Andreas Reiffen shares how some companies are calculating yield values in order to better manage their inventory through competitive bidding.
- Are we making SEO too complicated?
Jun 6, 2016 by Ryan Shelley
SEO has a lot of moving parts — and that can mean a lot of wasted time and effort if we’re not organized. Columnist Ryan Shelley shares his method for simplifying your SEO process by staying focused on results.
- Enterprise SEO Platforms Marketer’s Guide — Updated for 2016
Jun 6, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Marketing Land’s “Enterprise SEO Platforms: A Marketer’s Guide” examines the market for enterprise SEO software platforms and the considerations involved in implementing this software into your business.
- Supreme Court allows AdWords class action against Google to proceed
Jun 6, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Advertisers complained Google didn’t disclose that their ads might show up on parked domains and error pages.
- Get an exclusive look into SocialPro, only 2 weeks away
Jun 6, 2016 by Chris Sherman
We designed Marketing Land’s SocialPro to help you understand, navigate and leverage the richly varied but often confusing channels that make up the social media marketing universe. We’ll show you the most advanced, cutting-edge tactics and techniques to reach and engage with those users, whether they’re on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or any of the other […]
- [WATCH] Marketing Land Live #16: Amazon’s latest lawsuits, Instagram business profiles & more
Jun 6, 2016 by Matt McGee
In our latest weekly video show, we talk about Instagram’s business profile offering, Amazon’s decision to sue sellers that allegedly buy fake reviews and more.
- Your brand refresh: What should you expect from social?
Jun 6, 2016 by Chris Kerns
When you’re planning new branding, icons or logos, how will your audience react? Columnist Chris Kerns dives into Twitter data to reveal what social media can tell you about brand refreshes.
- 4 strategies for stretching your summer marketing spend
Jun 6, 2016 by Jordan Elkind
With summer hot on the horizon, it’s a good time to think about how you can get the most out of your marketing budget. Columnist Jordan Elkind shares his top strategies.
- Measuring email effectiveness in retail banking
Jun 6, 2016 by Jose Cebrian
As more consumers look to deal with their banks online, banks need to know the impact of email campaigns. Columnist Jose Cebrian discusses some key tactics.
- Maggie: the essence of content strategy
Jun 6, 2016 by Kyla Becker
Content strategy is about more than keyword rankings and backlinks. According to contributor Kyla Becker, it’s about focusing on the customer’s needs.
- AdWords’ new extra headline: 7 ways to make the most of it
Jun 3, 2016 by Matt Lawson
Google announced expanded text ads at its recent Google Performance Summit. Columnist and Googler Matt Lawson explains why the change was made and what you should do about it.
- Decision trees for SEM segmentation
Jun 3, 2016 by Aaron Levy
There is an ongoing debate amongst SEM experts as to how to best segment your PPC accounts, and columnist Aaron Levy illustrates his process with a handy flowchart.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Google launches AdWords conversion data import solution for Salesforce
- Google tests new look for “people also search for” feature
- Review improvement strategies for franchise and multi-location companies
- Google says it’s not deliberately filtering “Crooked Hillary” suggested search to favor Clinton
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 43 percent of publishers say native ad metrics stink. Here are 5 that don’t., digiday.com
- Survey: Most Marketers Use 6+ Measurement Tools But Don’t Trust the Data, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Three Ways The Tech Industry (Still) Misuses Metrics, www.fastcompany.com
- Viewability is the new mobile metric, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
Blogs & Blogging
- A New Model for Developing a Top-Tier B2B Blog, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- How I Tweaked My Blog’s Design and (Almost) Doubled Signups, www.blogtyrant.com
- Interviewing Mistakes and How to Avoid Them on Your Blog, www.problogger.net
- The 4 Rs That Show a Brand Your Blog is Influential, www.problogger.net
- How Mark Zuckerberg Led Facebook’s War to Crush Google Plus, www.vanityfair.com
- Leaving the Nest., nest.com
- Zuckerberg’s Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn accounts hacked, techcrunch.com
- 7 Reasons Your Content Marketing Efforts Are Failing, www.thesaleslion.com
- Funny Business: Storytelling for the ‘Theatre of the Mind’, www.convinceandconvert.com
- How to Hook Your Audience with Interactive Content, www.martechadvisor.com
- 13 Surprisingly Effective Tips for Conversion-Oriented Content, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- How to Turn Your SaaS Lead Nurturing Efforts into Lead Optimization Wins, blog.crazyegg.com
- Increase Conversions Rates leveraging users’ mental habits, www.adworldexperience.it
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 3 Signs Your Website Is a Wreck, www.cmswire.com
- How can we design experiences that increase customer happiness?, econsultancy.com
- Consumers Abandoning Shopping Carts Due to Slow Delivery Times, multichannelmerchant.com
- E-commerce sales top half a trillion dollars in Europe in 2015, www.internetretailer.com
- What Multichannel Brands Need to Know About Ecommerce and Marketing, multichannelmerchant.com
- Why weddings are becoming big business for ecommerce retailers, econsultancy.com
- How to avoid overloading your customer’s inbox, myemma.com
- How To Use Facebook & Twitter PPC To Build Your Email List, www.searchenginepeople.com
General Internet Marketing
- 15 Glorious Examples of Brands Using GIFs, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 4 Reasons Why Food Is Exploding as the Perfect Marketing Medium, www.adweek.com
- Digital Context 2.0 – It’s Time for the “Real” Digital Revolution, smallbiztrends.com
- The Smart Advice CMOs Are Listening to Now, www.silverpop.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- How to Prepare Your Organization for Marketing Automation, www.marketingprofs.com
- How to Prove Marketing Technology Lives Up to the Sales Pitch, www.cmswire.com
- 19 Super-Creative Local Marketing Ideas, www.wordstream.com
- 20 Must-Have Mobile Apps for Busy Digital Marketers, www.toprankblog.com
- Ad Network Partnership Report From MoPub, smallbiztrends.com
- How to Do Mobile Social Media Advertising the Right Way, blog.adstage.io
- Making The Most Of Mobile: Device Integration For Consistency, multichannelmerchant.com
- Mobile commerce in review: Buttoning up sales, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Online Marketing Drives In-Store Sales [Report], smallbiztrends.com
- Publishers give mixed reviews so far to Google AMP, digiday.com
- The world isn’t ready for Google’s Instant Apps, venturebeat.com
- Unlock Your App’s Performance: a Guide to SDKs, 3qdigital.com
- Why The Guardian is building its own mobile ad units, digiday.com
- Introducing the Yahoo Sports App for Apple TV 4, yahoo.tumblr.com
- Why It’s Time to Take Google’s PC Operating System Seriously, Wall Street Journal
- 5 Steps to Build a Customer-Solid Reviews Strategy, multichannelmerchant.com
- Four Things to Keep in Mind When Training on Brand Voice, www.marketingprofs.com
- Storytelling Establishes Credibility With Your Prospects, smallbiztrends.com
- 32 Marketing Tutorials for Facebook, Instagram, www.practicalecommerce.com
- A First Amendment For Social Platforms, medium.com
- As The U.S. Exports Social Media, Its Values Lead To Culture Clashes, www.buzzfeed.com
- Connecting with Game Enthusiasts for #E32016 and Beyond, www.Twitter.com
- Facebook to Users: “Notify a Few Friends About This Post”, www.adweek.com
- How Starwood is learning Snapchat with branded geofilters, digiday.com
- How to Create Twitter RSS Feeds for Better Prospecting, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- How to Target Your Facebook Ads to Business Locations, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Instagram’s Platform Maturity in Two Charts, www.socialbakers.com
- Introducing Premium Insights: Keeping You in the Know on Companies You Care About, blog.linkedin.com
- Social media users cannot get enough of empowerment ads, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- The Power of Beauty on Instagram, blog.business.instagram.com
- What are the Benefits of Facebook Instant Articles?, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Which Twitter App a Tweet Was Sent From: Quick Tip, www.internetmarketingninjas.com
- 12 Brand New Slides Every Video Marketer Should Read!, www.reelseo.com
- A YouTube billionaire, Motor Trend revs up for Facebook Live, digiday.com
- Facebook Live attacks Twitch with game streaming, techcrunch.com
- Streaming Video Spending to Rise by Double Digits This Year, www.emarketer.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.
New on MarTech