Marketing Day: Google AMP, LinkedIn video & Instagram Stories
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Google: AMP content coming soon to organic mobile search results
Aug 2, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Despite faster loading and better performance, Google says there won’t be a ranking boost.
- LinkedIn cautiously brings video to its feed
Aug 2, 2016 by Matt McGee
LinkedIn users will start seeing 30-second clips in their feed, but only from hand-selected LinkedIn Influencers.
- Take the guesswork out of marketing automation technology
Aug 2, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
More marketers are implementing marketing automation to maximize the value of their data, improve engagements, and effectively measure effectiveness. While automation technology also helps companies become more data-driven to improve accountability, it can be challenging to understand how to make the most of its functionality.
- App Annie adds Marketing Intelligence to her lineup
Aug 2, 2016 by Barry Levine
New report brings data on marketing and in-app ads to company’s existing reports on app stores, usage, and audiences.
- How does Google’s local algorithm work in 2016?
Aug 2, 2016 by Andrew Shotland
Columnist Andrew Shotland shares insights gleaned from a large-scale statistical analysis of local search ranking factors in Google.
- Is “SEO” the right term anymore?
Aug 2, 2016 by Winston Burton
Columnist Winston Burton discusses how search engine optimization (SEO) has evolved over time and wonders whether the job title is truly representative of the work we now do.
- Instagram Stories is latest example of Facebook Inc. copying Snapchat
Aug 2, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Instagram copying Snapchat’s Story product isn’t an imaginative move, but it’s a smart attempt to make its rival less unique.
- Facebook tests monetizing live video with mid-roll ads
Aug 2, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Facebook is rolling out mid-roll ads for long live broadcasts.
- Adgorithms launches expanded version of “world’s first self-driven marketing/ad platform”
Aug 2, 2016 by Barry Levine
Albert 2.0 offers more channels and capabilities for ads and emails than its earlier self.
- 3 digital marketing trends the customer-centric CMO must prepare for now
Aug 2, 2016 by Mike Sands
Rather than fearing the rapid changes afoot in digital marketing, columnist Mike Sands urges you to embrace them as opportunities. Find out how to position yourself to take advantage of these powerful trends.
- Apple owns the tablet market, but Amazon is the growth leader
Aug 2, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Amazon’s devices posted more than 1,200-percent growth year over year.
- The crazy-effective 12-month digital marketing campaign schedule
Aug 2, 2016 by Stoney deGeyter
Getting long-lasting results in digital marketing takes time. Columnist Stoney DeGeyter outlines his own successful process for an ongoing year-long commitment.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- AMP breaks out of news into the main Google search results
- Link profile analysis: How to prevent penalties by being proactive
- Link prospecting tips and tricks
- New Google help document defines Search Analytics impressions, position and clicks
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Unmetric Adds Facebook Reach and Impressions Data to Social Media Analytics Product, www.martechadvisor.com
- Using Intranet Analytics? Here’s Where You Might Be Going Wrong, www.cmswire.com
- Why Marketers Should Embrace Predictive Analytics, www.cmswire.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 79 Power Words to Create Striking Content For Your Blog, www.jeffbullas.com
- Cloud Hosting vs. Traditional Hosting: Why Hosting Your Blog in the Cloud Is Better, www.blogherald.com
- How to Find Blog Post Ideas That People Can’t Wait to Read, www.problogger.net
- Medium acquires rich media embedding API platform Embedly, venturebeat.com
- Twitter’s Communications Boss Leaves Company, www.buzzfeed.com
- 3 Smart Moves that Supercharge Sales Funnels with Content, www.copyblogger.com
- 5 Tips for Incorporating Infographics Into Your Marketing Strategy, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Sample These 45+ Content Tools to Create, Curate, and Measure, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- The State of Native Advertising, yahooadvertising.tumblr.com
- Want to Use Humor Tastefully in Your Content Marketing Plan? Discover the Nuances, www.martechadvisor.com
- 3 Ways to Increase Conversions by Increasing Contextual Relevance, conversionxl.com
- Measuring Conversions Post Converted Clicks, www.ppchero.com
- The Why and How of Prioritizing A/B Testing Hypothesis, vwo.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 16 New, Free Commercial Fonts for Your Website, www.practicalecommerce.com
- 6 Landing Page Copywriting Principles for More Conversions, www.wordstream.com
- Marketer’s Playbook: The Future of Customer Experience, adage.com
- Will .Web Become Best Selling New gTLD Extension?, www.domaininvesting.com
- eCommerce usability: the ultimate guide, yoast.com
- The Global 1000: The reinvention of global e-retail, www.internetretailer.com
- Tips On Which Product Pages To Improve, www.goinflow.com
- 5 remarkably effective email personalization tactics, myemma.com
- London’s Top Marketing Managers Weigh-in on Creating Email Campaigns, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Most Retail Email Subscribers Are Not Customers, www.emarketer.com
General Internet Marketing
- Attribution Is Becoming More of a Priority for Marketers, www.emarketer.com
- How Dell Manages Influencer Programs: An Interview with Konstanze Alex-Brown, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- How to Succeed in Marketing in Your First 100 Days, www.cmswire.com
- Seven Segmentation Mistakes That Will Cost Your Business Money, www.marketingprofs.com
- What does the digital agency of the future look like?, econsultancy.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Ceros Raises $8 Million Series B to Liberate Creativity Within the Marketing Community, www.businesswire.com
- Moz Content Gets More Robust with the Addition of Topic Trends, moz.com
- Video Marketing Becomes Key Differentiator for Oracle Marketing Cloud Customers, www.vidyard.com
- 11 rules to follow when building a chatbot, venturebeat.com
- Marketers: There’s More Than One Way to Skin a Stack, www.cmswire.com
- Simplifying Marketing Technology: A Practical How-to Framework for Every Marketer’s Needs, www.martechadvisor.com
- The Top-Rated Content Marketing Software Platforms, www.marketingprofs.com
- 5 Ways Brands Are Incorporating Facebook Messenger Bots in Their Marketing, www.adweek.com
- Five tips to boost your new mobile device campaigns, advertise.bingads.microsoft.com
- Fixing Mobile Marketing’s 90% Analysis, 10% Action Problem, www.tune.com
- Mobile expected to be the first screen for Rio 2016 Summer Olympics, venturebeat.com
- Why are Mobile App Users Abandoning your App?, www.webanalyticsworld.net
- Why in-app advertising is a must for marketers, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Why Mobile Success Starts With a Great User Experience, www.martechadvisor.com
- 10 Ways Social Media Marketing Can Help Grow Your Business, blogs.constantcontact.com
- 5 Engagement Tactics To Capture A Social High-Value Target Audience, www.searchenginepeople.com
- 6 B2B Brands Incorporating UGC on Instagram, www.toprankblog.com
- Follow the Rio 2016 @Olympics on Twitter, Vine, and Periscope, www.Twitter.com
- How to Improve Your LinkedIn Profile and Presence, www.marketingprofs.com
- How to Use Snapchat Memories to Improve Your Marketing, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- NFL to Get Snapchat Discover Channel This Fall, www.wsj.com
- Publishers dodged a bullet in their war with Facebook, techcrunch.com
- Social engagements with brands continue to grow in volume, sophistication, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- The Best Practices for LatAm Publishers on Facebook, www.newswhip.com
- Twitter tweaks Moments for the Olympics to last for more than a few days, venturebeat.com
- Why Facebook Bots Have Amazing Potential (And Why You Should Still Ignore Them), blog.kissmetrics.com
- Why Facebook Is Poised to Gain Significant Search Ad Dollars, adage.com
- Facebook’s Quest To Turn The Internet Into Live Theater, www.fastcodesign.com
- How Media Companies Used Facebook Live During the Republican and Democratic Conventions, media.fb.com
- How Snapchat Helped Trigger the Livestreaming Arms Race, www.adweek.com
- No Bull focuses on video to drive mobile conversions, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Why big publishers cannot ‘wait and see’ with VR, venturebeat.com
- Why This Brand Gets 15-Fold Engagement on Facebook Live Video, www.convinceandconvert.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.