Marketing Day: Facebook’s Upcoming NYC Event, Amazon Goes After Fake Review Sites & More
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Amy Gesenhues on April 10, 2015 at 4:05 pm | Reading time: 6 minutes
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- ICANN Asks U.S., Canadian Governments If .sucks Is Breaking Laws
Vox Populi CEO, whose company is operating the domain, says company hasn’t broken any laws or violated ICANN rules.
- Facebook To Showcase New Video Ad Product “Anthology” At NYC Event Prior To NewFronts
Facebook’s presentation will take place at the company’s Astor Place offices on April 22, just five days before the start of NewFronts.
- Snickers Asks YouTube Celebrities To Make Really Bad Videos For ‘You’re Not You’ Campaign
The candy brand continues its long-running campaign by enlisting web celebs to make funny videos.
- Amazon Goes After Sites Selling Fake Reviews: Files Lawsuit Against Buyazonreviews.com
Defendants are being charged with trademark violations, unfair competition and deceptive acts in addition to other allegations.
- Why Media Spend Is Burning A Hole In The CMO’s Pocket
Why do so many companies see their media dollars fail? When managed the right way, columnist Scott Vaughan explains, media can deliver immediate ROI.
- How To Use Quantitative And Qualitative Data For Search
If you want to better understand your target audience, both qualitative and quantitative research are key. Columnist Shari Thurow outlines a variety of research methods.
- Gravy Lands $7.6 Million Series A Financing To Expand Mobile/Local Products
Company uses mobile behavior to quantify consumer interests so clients can act on customer intent.
- 6 Steps For Building Better Ecommerce Prototypes
Columnist Alex Lirtsman walks us through essential tasks to ensure your redesign achieves the results you’re seeking.
- SumAll Launches Insights To Take The Guesswork Out Of Social Analytics
Analytics firm’s new Content and Audience reports aim to give personalized guidance to help maximize engagement, reach and ROI.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- The Advanced SEO’s Guide To Mobilegeddon
- Measuring Success For Your Local SEO Program In 5 Easy Steps
- Search In Pics: Android BBQ, Google Lighting & Offline Reputation Management
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Affiliate Window’s Quarterly Mobile Update, blog.affiliatewindow.com
- Data-Driven Marketing in 2015: Ground Rules and Practical Applications, www.martechadvisor.com
Blogs & Blogging
- Does Your Blog Suffer From The Dunkin Donuts Syndrome?, heidicohen.com
- Get Email Alerts for Security Vulnerabilities in Your WordPress Plugins, wptavern.com
- How To Secure Your WordPress Blog, Helpful Tips For Any User, www.wpexplorer.com
- Many marketers still don’t understand the role of bloggers, econsultancy.com
- Google relationship with Barack Obama stretches back to 2007, www.dailymail.co.uk
- GoDaddy Acquires Marketplace Startup Elto To Expand Its Services For Web Pros, techcrunch.com
- As More Say “No” to Ads, It’s Time to Immunize Content Marketing, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Content Express: How Amex Raised the Bar for Longform Brand Storytelling, contently.com
- How Del Monte uses content marketing, econsultancy.com
- What can the General Election 2015 teach us about content marketing?, www.top5seo.co.uk
- Fast, Easy Landing Page Tips & Ideas, www.clicknewz.com
- How Pronto Used Heatmaps To Increase Leads By 24%, blog.crazyegg.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Thinking Like An App Designer, www.smashingmagazine.com
Display & Contextual Advertising
- Programmatic May Spark An Evolution In Publisher-Client Relationships, Ad Exchanger
- Where’s Programmatic Headed in China?, eMarketer
- New gTLD’s Registrations Top 5 Million, The Domains
- Amazon Quietly Acquired Shoefitr To Improve How It Sells Footwear Online, TechCrunch
- Amazon’s delivery drone test plan gets new OK from FAA, www.internetretailer.com
- EBay, PayPal Offer New Details on Planned Split, www.wsj.com
- Global e-Commerce Sales Projected to Hit $994.5 Billion This Year, www.thedomains.com
- How 3 high-end brands balance luxury with ecommerce, digiday.com
- How Black Friday stole christmas, econsultancy.com
- Mobile orders double for the year at Bed Bath & Beyond, www.internetretailer.com
- Will Retailers See Success with Mobile Native Ads?, www.emarketer.com
- 3 Things to Think About Before Crafting an Email, www.verticalresponse.com
- 5-Minute Email Tips: Using Color and Content in Your Emails, AWeber
- Yes, Marketers: You Still Need Email for Digital CX, www.cmswire.com
General Internet Marketing
- 7 Things Marketers Should Know About Working With Journalists, contently.com
- Five Things You Can Learn From the Most Authentic Brands in the World, www.marketingprofs.com
- How Growth Hacking Differs From Marketing, www.searchenginepeople.com
- Millennials Adept at Filtering Out Ads, eMarketer
- Back to Basics: 7 Things Marketing Automation Software Can Do For Your Business, blog.marketo.com
- Future-proof your marketing tech career: Lessons from the MarTech Conference, venturebeat.com
- New Technologies Can Help Brands Bring Storymaking to Life, adage.com
- 75% of store shoppers use their mobile devices in-store, www.internetretailer.com
- Here’s a Portrait of Your Typical Mobile Microsoft User, www.cmswire.com
- How to Choose the Best Mobile Strategy for Your Business, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Message to Marketers: Mobile Chat Is the Next Killer App, adage.com
- xAd shares the future of location marketing with the release of Blueprints, www.martechadvisor.com
- Your Brand is Only as Good as Its Reputation, www.cmswire.com
- Attention, Interest, Desire, Action: Using AIDA for Social Media, www.marketingprofs.com
- Ello Obtains $5 Million with VC Funding for Enhanced Business Growth, www.martechadvisor.com
- Facebook Patent Application Hints at Serving Ads, Content Off-Site, www.adweek.com
- Facebook PPC: Not Just For Teenagers, www.beyondthepaid.com
- Instagram for Writing, www.linkedin.com
- Instagram Offers Tips to Brands, www.adweek.com
- Mountain Dew Brings Back Baja Blast With Twitter-Fueled Ads, www.adweek.com
- Smart Decisions to Make Before Facebook Advertising, www.adknowledge.com
- Social Sharing: How to Get More People to Share Your Content, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- The Industries That Rely Most on LinkedIn Connections for Hiring, www.marketingprofs.com
- These Emerging Social Networks Could Change Your Business, blog.visual.ly
- Twitter Is Testing The Ability To Pin Apps To Brand Profiles, The Next Web
- What Does the New Facebook Ads Relevance Score Mean?, smallbiztrends.com
- Why Social Media Speakers Need to Do Better By Their Audience, dannybrown.me
- Why You Should Be A Social Media SNOB, www.clicknewz.com
- Why You Shouldn’t Ignore Twitter, www.clicknewz.com
- Capture Customer Leads While Serving Live Video: Ustream Demand, www.onlinevideo.net
- Ad Blockers Could Cost the Industry Billions a Year as Users Revolt Against Video, www.adweek.com
- Once a newspaper, The Onion is growing its video ambitions, digiday.com
- Real-Time Perverts and Trolls Pose Challenges for Periscope Marketers, www.adweek.com
- Your Video Advertisement Should Reduce Everyone to Tears, www.ducttapemarketing.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.
New on MarTech