Marketing Day: Facebook Portal, email personalization, smart speaker report
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Amy Gesenhues on November 8, 2018 at 4:13 pm
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Here’s what Facebook says about ads and targeting on Portal
Nov 8, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
As Facebook starts shipping Portal devices, it trying to allay privacy concerns.
- Step up your email personalization game
Nov 8, 2018 by Kyle Henderick
To give your email marketing program a competitive edge, leverage timing, location and behavior to provide relevancy for customers.
- Report: As Facebook portal goes on sale, smart speaker growth is slowing
Nov 8, 2018 by Greg Sterling
There are now 53 million smart speaker devices in U.S. households according to an analyst firm’s estimate.
- Another survey shows brand trust affects purchase decisions
Nov 7, 2018 by Barry Levine
The online survey is yet another indicator that consumer trust of brands affects the bottom line.
- Foursquare can now measure TV ads’ impact on offline store visits
Nov 7, 2018 by Greg Sterling
The company can also measure multiple channels and their effect on real-world consumer behavior.
- Walking the CX talk
Nov 7, 2018 by Debbie Qaqish
Whether you’re assessing your own company’s status or considering how a potential employer is doing, follow these tips to determine whether a business is really dedicated to being customer-centric.
- Snapchat integrates with Comscore to measure Discover channel traffic
Nov 7, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
The third-party measurement firm will show publishers’ reach on Discover.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- IAB Tech Lab releases final version of VAST 4.1 that incorporates ‘unprecedented’ level of feedback
Nov 8, 2018 by Robin Kurzer
Marketers can provide a single video ad type that will work with many kinds of players.
- Invoca can now dynamically update local branch phone numbers
Nov 8, 2018 by Barry Levine
By grabbing the branch phone number from a web page before it loads and substituting its own, the call analytics firm says, campaign tracking becomes more streamlined.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 5 Ecommerce Marketing Trends to Watch in 2019, Practical Ecommerce
- 5 Uses of B2B Marketing Beyond Lead Generation, KoMarketing
- Facebook Had a Good Election Day. But It Can’t Now., The New York Times
- Portal and Portal+ Shipping Now, Facebook Newsroom
- Pure Play vs Retail: Navigating the Convergence Between Online and In-Store, Multichannel Merchant
- Sundar Pichai of Google: “Technology Doesn’t Solve Humanity’s Problems”, The New York Times
- Tracking YouTube Video Performance In Google Tag Manager, CMS Wire
- Why Social Media’s Misinformation Problem Will Never Be Fixed, Slate