Marketing Day: Facebook news, AMP ads & CRO tools coming to AdWords
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Crafting a successful holistic search approach
May 25, 2017 by David Freeman
Columnist David Freeman believes that integrating paid and organic search into a single holistic search strategy can increase efficiency and help marketers make smarter, more data-driven decisions.
- The consumer decision journey in the increasingly complex search retail marketplace
May 25, 2017 by Christi Olson
As e-commerce continues to grow, retail marketers will need to invest in digital marketing. Columnist Christi Olson makes the case that search can strengthen your online retail strategy at every stage of the buyer journey.
- Facebook rolls out software tool to make AMP, Apple News pages more like Instant Articles
May 25, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Facebook’s tool will automatically convert Instant Articles to Google’s AMP and Apple’s Apple News formats.
- Taboola’s grid of recommended stories is now an infinite, scrolling feed
May 25, 2017 by Barry Levine
By adopting a card-based feed of content, ads and video, Taboola is looking to revolutionize its real estate and increase flexibility for publishers.
- The connected channels: All media channels must have defined budgets, priority and cohesive reporting
May 25, 2017 by Thomas Stern
In the final installment of his multipart series on the connected marketing approach, contributor Thomas Stern discusses the elements you need to develop a seamless marketing strategy across all channels and their audiences.
- How to make ads less adversarial
May 25, 2017 by Brad O’Brien
Trust in digital advertising is improving, but there is still work to be done to improve the perception of pervasive ads. Columnist Brad O’Brien offers tips on how to maintain a positive relationship between your ads and your audiences.
- AMP ads: Google will convert display ads to AMP, test AMP landing pages for Search ads
May 25, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Google says AMP ads can load up to 5 seconds faster than standard display ads.
- Conversion rate optimization tools coming to AdWords with new integrations
May 25, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Advertisers will be able to run landing page test with Google Optimize and get feedback from retargeting audiences with Google Surveys 360.
- Facebook and Google have dominated smartphone screens for the past three years
May 25, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Facebook has three and Google has six of the top 15 apps, says comScore.
- Compare 6 top content management systems
May 24, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Selecting the right CMS is a critical part of creating your business website. From basic capabilities for adding and editing content to more robust role and workflow management to support your internal processes, understanding and selecting a CMS that works for your end user and your organization is an imperative part of your digital strategy.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 5 Metrics to Track That Affect Customer Satisfaction, Small Biz Trends
- Social Media Metrics How to Chose What Works, Social Media Explorer
- 3 Steps to Manage Your Content Library Like a Librarian, Content Marketing Institute
- Delivering data-driven content marketing for the travel industry, Econsultancy
- How to Inspire Your B2B Audience with Killer Content Marketing, Top Rank Marketing Blog
- How to Save 4 Hours on Every Piece of Content You Create, Contently
- The Importance of Using Testimonials, CopyPressed
- Why Design Still Trumps Content in Marketing, Search Engine Journal
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 5 Facebook Ad Copy Tips That Go Beyond the Better Headline, The AdStage Blog
- How to Avoid Writing Boring Outlines using the IKEA Method, Problogger
- How to Optimize a Small Website: On-Page & Mobile Factors, Search Engine Journal
- Just Keep Scrolling! How To Design Lengthy, Lengthy Pages, Smashing Magazine
- Web Content Management Comes of Age, CMS Wire
Display & Contextual Advertising
- Smart Display Campaigns Are Worth A Test, Clix Marketing PPC Blog
- A great resource for new top level domain name data, Domain Name Wire
- Valuable Names are Tough to Sell, Domain Investing
- 5 Top Trends Shaping the Future of Retail Logistics, Multichannel Merchant
- 9 Tips to Build the Best Product Images, Practical Ecommerce
- Amazon Secret Shopper: Examining the Mindset & Buying Decisions of Actual Customers (Freezer Bins), Marketing Words Blog
- Ecommerce Success Hinges on the Entire Digital Experience, CMS Wire
- Want to Be Like Amazon?, Duct Tape Marketing
- Get Ready for Email Marketing and AI: 3 Things to Consider, MarketingProfs
- Guide to email list management, VerticalResponse
- The Value of Auto Responders, MarTech Advisor
General Internet Marketing
- 4 Things You Need to Know About the Future of Marketing, Think with Google
- How to Write an Exceptional Creative Brief, Convince and Convert
- Is An “Influencer Marketing Bubble” Imminent?, MediaKix
- Training The New Generation Of Digital Marketers, PPC Hero
Internet Marketing Industry
- Accel Leads $30M Series B into G2 Crowd to Accelerate Growth of Market Leading B2B Review Platform, G2 Crowd
- Demandbase Raises $65 Million in New Financing, Demandbase
- Food & Beverage Ads Dominate Q1 2017 In-Feed Video Report, Positive Mobile
- Are Headline Analyzers Worth Your Time?, Portent
- What’s the difference between AI-powered personalisation and more basic segmentation?, Econsultancy
- Will Voice Assistant Technology Improve the Retailer-Consumer Relationship?, MarTech Advisor
- 6 months in: Which mobile formats are living up to 2017 predictions?, Digiday
- AMP Roadmap Update for Q2, Accelerated Mobile Pages Project
- IFTTT now lets any developer build and publish applets for others to use, VentureBeat
- 3 Ways Your Small Business Can Increase Social Media Engagement, Small Biz Trends
- 5 Actionable Steps to Earn New Followers, the Creative Way!, Social Media Explorer
- Cool social media data, Cornwall SEO
- Five Crucial Tips for a Successful Boost Post on Facebook, KoMarketing
- Geography and the Problem with Facebook Ads Optimization, Jon Loomer Digital
- Have you Unlocked the Real Power of Social Media?, MarTech Advisor
- How To Utilize Facebook Remarketing Ads To Drive B2B Leads, KoMarketing
- Instagram Search & Explore: A Complete Guide, The Buffer Blog
- Instagram Tests Direct Response Ads, App Installs in Stories, AdAge
- Snapchat is wooing ad buyers with discount coupons and bonuses, Digiday
- Social Media Brand Behaviors and Actions Consumers Want, MarketingProfs
- The 4 Social Media Influencer Secrets Marketers Must Know, MediaKix
- The Rules of Social Media Marketing Success: Leadership and Community, CMS Wire
- True or False: Posting More on Facebook Means Higher Engagement, Socialbakers
- Twitter Media Library Aimed At Tempting Social Media Managers, Small Biz Trends
- Using Social Media to Promote Your Service Business: 5 Dos and Don’ts, Adweek
- What to Pin to Pinterest in June, Tailwind Blog
- What’s new with Google+ Hey there Plussers!, Google
- Facebook signs BuzzFeed, Vox, others for original video shows, Reuters
- This isn’t the VR we’ve been dreaming of — and that’s a good thing, VentureBeat