Marketing Day: Facebook Messenger, quality content & Optimizely’s OTT TV solution
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- WebMD’s new Alexa health skill should go to pharmacy school
Mar 9, 2017 by Greg Sterling
The company’s Alexa skill didn’t understand drug names. Google Home performed much better.
- Facebook Messenger copies Facebook’s copy of Instagram’s copy of Snapchat Stories
Mar 9, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Messenger Day lets people post photos and videos to a running diary that expires after 24 hours, like they can on Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat.
- A technical argument for quality content
Mar 9, 2017 by Dave Davies
What defines quality content, and how can its value be quantified? Columnist Dave Davies reviews studies done on this topic and presents his conclusions.
- Why email is taking center stage in marketing innovation
Mar 9, 2017 by Jason Warnock
From beacons to user-generated content, columnist Jason Warnock takes a look at the email marketing innovations we can expect to see more of in 2017.
- A healthier, happier social presence: Tips for health care marketers in 2017
Mar 9, 2017 by Rob Begg
The health care industry has been slow to embrace social media, but contributor Rob Begg explains how that’s shifting and what hospitals and pharmaceutical companies can do to improve their social listening.
- Optimizely expands its experimentation platform to OTT TV
Mar 9, 2017 by Matt McGee
New product supports video experiments in any over-the-top TV app that uses tvOS or Android TV.
- Video: See how Facebook inserts mid-roll ads in non-live videos
Mar 8, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Facebook has started inserting ads in the middle of some non-live videos. Here’s what it’s like to watch one.
- 6 steps to creating high-converting native ads
Mar 8, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Reaching your target audience and gaining traction and interest with native ads is far more complex than simply slapping up an ad that will integrate with a medium. Make sure your native ads are working for you. With the threat of ad blocking, creating native ads the right way is growing in importance.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- How to Implement Marketing Attribution in a Multichannel World, Multichannel Marketer
- Pitney Bowes Places Big Bets on Data and Analytics, CMS Wire
- Your Social Metrics Scorecard, NewsWhip
Blogs & Blogging
- 7 Ways for Your Underdog Blog to Beat the Competition, The Blog Herald
- Helpful little update rolling out now, Tumblr Staff
- Is English the Best Language for Your Blog?, Blog Tyrant
- 3 Types of Content That Gets More Traffic, Links and Shares Than All the Others, Duct Tape Marketing
- How to Create an Organizational B2B Content Strategy, KoMarketing
- Why Quality Content does not get it, Cornwall SEO
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Top 4 Benefits of Responsive Design, 3Q Digital
- Why You Should Localize Your Website: Get Visitors & Customers, MarketingProfs
- Is .Guitars a failed TLD? Take a look under the covers., Domain Name Wire
- What company do you trust the most in the domain industry?, The Domains
- Amazon Cracks Down on Email Product Review Requests, Marketing Words Blog
- Ecommerce Fraud Risk Was Up 79% During Holiday Season, Multichannel Marketer
- How commerce content sits uneasily alongside newsrooms, Digiday
- 4 A/B tests that will improve your emails, VerticalResponse
- 7 Advanced Ways to Reduce Email Unsubscribe Rates (+ Swipe to Steal), Sleeknote
- 7 Emotional Triggers to Hook Your Subscribers, Convince and Convert
- Want to Be a Better Email Marketer? Make Your Customer the Hero, Constant Contact
General Internet Marketing
Internet Marketing Industry
- Huawei Chooses SDL Marketing Solutions to Power Global Digital Marketing Strategy, SDL
- Outbrain Releases State of Global Content Marketing Report, PR Newswire
- 2017 CMO Focus: What’s Next from AI? Intelligent Insights, MarTech Advisor
- How to Integrate Slack into your ABM MarTech Stack, MarTech Advisor
- The Next Debate: The Convergence Of Mar Tech And Sales Tech, AdExchanger
- Chatbots, vertical video and data targeting will reshape advertising this year, Mobile Commerce Daily
- Google’ss mobile-first index is made for these 5 sites, Mobile Commerce Daily
- Header bidding’s got a mobile app problem, Digiday
- Top 10 U.S. mobile agencies in 2017, VentureBeat
- What You Can Learn About Marketing a Local Business – from Pokemon Go, Small Biz Trends
- WhatsApp tests business chat tools in search for revenue, Reuters
- 25 Social Media Contest Ideas to Engage Your Customers, Small Biz Trends
- B2B Marketers Staying Committed to Investments in Social Media, KoMarketing
- Establishing Credibility and Value on LinkedIn, Compukol
- How to Create and Use Hashtag Lists for Instagram, Tailwind Blog
- Instagram Lessons from the Forbes Top 10 Most Valuable Brands, Simply Measured
- Twitter tests a feature that warns users of profiles with “potentially sensitive content”, TechCrunch
- 10 Pro Tips for Creating The Perfect Whiteboard Animation Video, Jeff Bullas
- 5 Ways to Add Variety to Your YouTube Channel, Social Media Examiner
- How to drive marketing success with AR & VR technology, Digiday
- How to Strategize and Execute a 360 Degree Company Video, Search Engine Journal
- The Top 13 Facebook Live Statistics Everyone Needs To See, MediaKix
- YouTube’s new documentary follows a musician making art with the sounds of Iceland, The Verge