Marketing Day: Facebook F8 news, Amazon search & Google Voice Access
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Facebook brings its Instapaper-like Save button to wider web
Apr 12, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Facebook is rolling out its Instapaper-like bookmarking tool, Save, to the wider web, the company announced at its F8 developer conference on Tuesday.
- Social advertising? Earned/owned social? Get the latest tactics at SocialPro.
Apr 12, 2016 by Marketing Land
We hear from three kinds of social media marketers: social media paid advertising specialists; organic (earned/owned) social specialists; those responsible for both. Marketing Land’s SocialPro is for you, regardless which description best fits you.
- Facebook’s Messenger Platform launched, allows businesses to build bots
Apr 12, 2016 by Danny Sullivan
Released in beta, Messenger Platform allows businesses to build bots that can interact with customers or even handle purchases.
- Forrester Consulting study confirms that best-of-breed marketing stacks are “thriving”
Apr 12, 2016 by Barry Levine
Study, commissioned by DMP Krux, also puts DMPs at the center of any media-buying technology stack, whether mix-and-match or a full solution.
- Don’t trust Google to structure your local data
Apr 12, 2016 by Andrew Shotland
As Google increasingly incorporates direct answers and other types of featured snippets into search results pages, columnist Andrew Shotland points out that businesses may want to get smarter about marking up their pages.
- The evolution of SEO
Apr 12, 2016 by Winston Burton
Columnist Winston Burton reflects on how search engine optimization (SEO) has changed over the years. Where might things go from here?
- Nielsen launches Marketing Cloud with eXelate infrastructure
Apr 12, 2016 by Barry Levine
Four core applications are available through the Cloud at launch, with more coming.
- Sci-fi film and video game studios find the way into the mainstream via social media
Apr 12, 2016 by John Donnelly III
How can film and video game studios cater to their audiences? Columnist John Donnelly III shares how social media insights can deepen your understanding of your audience and their preferences.
- The road map to personalization
Apr 12, 2016 by Jose Cebrian
Personalization can be time-consuming and complex, but it’s critical to a successful email program. Columnist Jose Cebrian helps you streamline the process by breaking it down into a series of steps.
- Sales rank & fulfillment play a major role in Amazon search visibility
Apr 12, 2016 by Greg Finn
Much like Newton’s First Law, a new study from Ripen eCommerce shows that products that sell better, tend to have better visibility in Amazon’s search results.
- Google Voice Access beta enlarges role for voice, conversational device interaction
Apr 11, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Accessibility technology suggests the Star Trek future will be here soon.
- Twitter Awards to recognize innovative ad campaigns
Apr 11, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
For its 10th anniversary, the Twitter Awards is giving brands, agencies and partners the ability to showcase their best #GoLive campaigns on the platform, with prizes and appreciation for top scorers.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- 2016 State of Link Building Survey coverage
- Develop free, lightweight attribution insights for your paid & organic channels
- Study: Sales, keywords & fulfillment correlate with Amazon search rankings
- Google’s manual action penalty this weekend was over free product reviews
- Google now blocks searchers from sites with deceptive download buttons
- Google adds Featured Snippets to 10 new European locales
- Act now: SMX Advanced super early bird rates expire this Saturday
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Social and Local KPIs for Local Business, localu.org
Blogs & Blogging
- Blog Benchmarks for Brands, www.marketingprofs.com
- 13 Must-Read Visual Marketing Articles That Will Help You Boost Content Engagement, blog.crazyegg.com
- Content Marketing: Integrity, Storytelling & Creativity, www.toprankblog.com
- Great Content ≠ Long-Form Content, moz.com
- Do Video Backgrounds Help or Hurt Conversions?, unbounce.com
- Landing Page Optimization: Which ninja turtle is your page?, sherpablog.marketingsherpa.com
- Use Emotional Connections to Increase Leads and Conversions, www.adweek.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 3 Things CMOs Must Consider When Leading Customer Experience, www.convinceandconvert.com
- 50 Horrible Cliches You Need to Stop Writing and Saying Right Now, www.marketingprofs.com
- Adaptive Reuse for Experience Design and Development, www.portent.com
- Better Interface Design: Logins, Menus, Toggles And Other Fancy Modules, www.smashingmagazine.com
- The surprising ROI of great customer experience (and the terrible cost of bad CX), www.usertesting.com
- Using Load Balancing For Large Volume Usability, usabilitygeek.com
- Alibaba to Invest $1 Billion in E-Commerce Startup Lazada, www.wsj.com
- Create Responsive Ecommerce Product Pages with Bootstrap, www.practicalecommerce.com
- E-retailers rely more heavily on online marketplaces, www.internetretailer.com
- How To Get Social Media Traffic To Your Online Store in 7 Days, www.jeffbullas.com
- The newest rainmaker at publishers: E-commerce editors, digiday.com
- US Merchants Look to Retargeted Ads to Reach Shopping Cart Abandoners, www.emarketer.com
- Why Canada? Logistics Tips for Entering the Market, multichannelmerchant.com
- Building an Email List From Scratch, www.verticalresponse.com
- Silent Email Subscribers: How to Approach Them, www.silverpop.com
- Three key charts from our 2016 Email Marketing Census, econsultancy.com
General Internet Marketing
- 10 Signs You’re a Better Digital Marketer, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 3 Viral Marketing Campaigns Worth the Catch, blog.marketo.com
- Move the Needle on Your Digital Marketing Smarts, www.cmswire.com
- What We Can Learn from GE’s Digital Marketing Strategies, blog.kissmetrics.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- 33Across Integrates New Audiences Into Oracle Data Cloud, www.businesswire.com
- Eptica unveils new strategy and branding, focused on enabling meaningful conversations between organizations and individuals, www.realwire.com
- Introducing Cramer Motion Studios, cramer.com
- NBTV Studios Launches Above The Clutter with Pete Krainik, a Groundbreaking Series That Goes Behind the Scenes With the Nation’s Top Chief Marketing Officers and Their Brands, www.marketwired.com
- New Mobile App From Bamboo Rose Helps Retail Professionals Bring On-trend Products to Market Quickly, www.businesswire.com
- Opera Mediaworks Appoints Keith Winter as Chief Operating Officer, www.marketwired.com
- Designing a Smarter Marketing Technology Stack, www.cmswire.com
- App Store Discovery Is Broken, And Developers Are Looking For Alternatives, adexchanger.com
- Forgetting user engagement during app development leads to failure, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- How Messaging Apps Are Changing Social Media, blog.bufferapp.com
- Pitch perfect: mobile makers, telcos drawn to hi-res audio, www.reuters.com
- The Inherent Problem with Anonymous Apps, medium.com
- Three Ways Brands Can See Success on Messaging Apps, www.newswhip.com
- Anatomy of a Rebrand (Part 2 of 3): So You Need a New Identity… Now What?, www.marketingprofs.com
- 20+ Social Media Hacks and Tips From the Pros, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 7 Tactics to Maximize the Value of Facebook Custom Audiences, www.razorsocial.com
- Beyond the Share: Proving the True Value of Social, simplymeasured.com
- Brands Must Adapt to Emerging Social Networks, Apps, www.adweek.com
- Creatives Talk Instagram in the Complete Pub in Pub Season 2, www.facebook.com
- How publishers are preparing for the Instagram algorithm, digiday.com
- How to Test and Change Facebook Ads, to Drive Performance, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Ignoring LinkedIn Is Hurting Your Career, www.wsj.com
- Report: Twitter Channel Marketers Are Content Amplifiers, www.adweek.com
- Twitter Moments become tweetable playlists thanks to SoundCloud, techcrunch.com
- When and How Does Snapchat Work for Business, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Will Instagram Algorithm Devalue Content Posted By Brands?, locowise.com
- ‘A big playground’: Publishers look to Facebook Live for experimentation initially, digiday.com
- 23 Things to Consider When Creating Video Content, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Confessions: Video publishers get honest about their frenemy, Facebook, digiday.com
- How to Be a Copywriting Genius: The Brilliantly Sneaky Trick You Must Learn, www.copyblogger.com
- Just the Intro Video for Facebook Live Has 10 Million Views, adage.com
- Music Industry Frets Over YouTube Despite Streaming Revenue Boost, www.wsj.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.