Marketing Day: Facebook Drives 25% Of All Referral Traffic, Digital Marketing’s Secret Sauce & Nissan’s Super Bowl Ad
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Super Bowl Highlights Will Show In Google’s Search Results
NFL, Google announce deal to show NFL videos in Google search results and on the NFL’s new, official YouTube channel.
- Ad Tech Firm, Turn, Found Harnessing Verizon’s Supercookie To Track Users
Tracking IDs regenerate even after a user opts out of advertising tracking and deletes cookies.
- Meet Randall Higgins, The Crazy Cameraman Behind Activision’s Call Of Duty KillCam
Activision enlists a comedian to play a hilarious combo of Rambo, MacGyver and Seth Rogan.
- 5 Days to Save on SMX West – Register Now!
Early Bird rates for Search Marketing Expo – SMX West expire this Friday. Register now and get three days of exceptional content and invaluable industry connections for only $1595. Think SEO is dead? We’ll show you how dead wrong you are with over 20 SEO focused sessions that will help you maximize traffic from your […]
- Lawsuit Targeting Google And Apple Could Disappear Pre-1972 Music From The Web
There’s a pending class-action lawsuit that exploits a strange federal copyright loophole to target Google, Apple, Sony and others. As reported late last week by The Hollywood Reporter, at stake in this case is the digital availability of popular music recorded before 1972. That includes all the big-name ’60s bands which are a staple of today’s current rotation. […]
- Get In The Game: How Digital Is Creating New Opportunities For Super Bowl Advertisers
Columnist James Green notes that the growth of digital media has given brands the perfect opportunity to capitalize on the Super Bowl — without spending the big bucks on TV.
- Facebook Drives Nearly One-Fourth Of All Referral Traffic
Shareaholic report shows Facebook with a 10% increase in share of visits in Q4; Social media continues to drive more referrals than organic search.
- Digital Marketing’s Secret Sauce Shouldn’t Be So Secret
Transparency and training are the keys to digital marketing client success, contends contributor Travis Wright.
- The Fundamentals Of Executing Profitable “Outbound” Email Marketing Campaigns
If you think “email marketing” only involves subscribers and existing customers, let contributor Daniel Faggella open your eyes to another possibility.
- Super Bowl Video Ads: The Playing Field Is Wide Open For Advertisers To Score Big
Ad expert Anita Newton shares how brands can take advantage of the Super Bowl without dropping $4.5M on a halftime spot.
- Google +Post Ads Gain Polls & Related Posts, Still Aren’t Worth It
Marketers that are really into promoting their Google+ content now have a few more tactics in their advertising arsenal.
- Nissan Enlists YouTube Stars To Celebrate Dads And Hype Its Family-Focused Super Bowl Ad
The Super Bowl Dad-love continues as Nissan teases its TV ad with custom videos by web celebs.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- 5 Days to Save on SMX West – Register Now!
- Video Of Matt Cutts Talking About The Early Days At Google
- Site Speed & PPC Performance: Why You Can’t Ignore A Slow Site Anymore
- 11 Tips For Using Slide Presentations For Local SEO Advantage
- Cortana Expands The Boundaries Of Search, But Will It Eventually Eat It Too?
- Wanted: Session Ideas For SMX Advanced
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- 10 Things All Bloggers Need to Know to Know About WordPress, www.jeffbullas.com
- 15 Most Creative Tumblr Blog Ideas to Inspire, www.internetmarketingninjas.com
- 5 Keys to Running a Successful Blog, www.domaininvesting.com
- 7 Lessons and 3 New Strategies I Learned From Launching My 5th Blog, www.quicksprout.com
- Blogging and Privacy: How to Blog Authentically Without Losing Your Voice, www.problogger.net
- Getting the Most Out of Your Business Blogging Efforts, www.searchenginejournal.com
- How To Optimize Images For WordPress, www.wpexplorer.com
- Make Your Blogging a Raging Success, www.compukol.com
- As Ad Business Shifts to Machines, AOL Restructures Its Sales Staff in a Major Reorg, recode.net
- WikiLeaks demands answers after Google hands staff emails to US government, www.theguardian.com
- 3 Content Marketing Practices You Should Be Following, www.impactbnd.com
- 3 Ways to Ignite Your Content in 2015, relevance.com
- 7 Content Marketing Tools to Improve Your Productivity, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- A look inside Fender’s rock’n’roll content strategy, econsultancy.com
- Does Posting More Content Lead to More Engagement?, www.marketingprofs.com
- Don’t Let Your Secret Sauce Kill Your Content Marketing, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Facebook and Twitter’s Native Video Plans Are About to Transform Content Marketing in a Big Way, contently.com
- How to Build an Amazing Content Marketing Machine for Half a Million Bucks, contently.com
- How to Create Influential Content With Social Media, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- How to Make Sure Your Website Content is Unique, upcity.com
- How to Use Seed Content to Build Relationships with Influencers, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- The Genius of Delivering Content via Web Push Notifications, relevance.com
- The Quick Guide To Content Promotion For Beginners, smallbiztrends.com
- The Risks of Content Marketing, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Why You Need a Content Promotion Budget, www.searchenginepeople.com
- 6 Attitudes That Will Guide Conversion Optimizers in 2015, blog.crazyegg.com
- 9 Writing Tricks For Building A Killer Landing Page, usabilitygeek.com
- Generate Even More Leads With These Simple Landing Page Tweaks, www.impactbnd.com
- How to lift B2B conversions with the simple words: “You’re pre-approved”, www.internetretailer.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 14 Tools for Feedback on Web Design, Usability, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Super Logo Bowl: The Design History Of The Patriots and Seahawks, www.fastcodesign.com
- The (Sometimes) Giddy Experience of Learning Design, uxmag.com
- Crain’s Covers .NYC Domain Name Auctions, www.domaininvesting.com
- Pop-ups boost most-popular new gTLD domains, and it’s not just .xyz any more, domainincite.com
- To Celebrate The 30th Anniversary Of .Com Verisign Is Giving Away Over $100K In Cash Prizes, www.thedomains.com
- 2014 Global Online Retail Seasonal Shopping Report, kenshoo.com
- 7 areas for retailers to pay attention in year of cautious optimism, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Amazon will soon collect sales tax from 74% of U.S. consumers, www.internetretailer.com
- Christmas Ecommerce Becomes Increasingly Mobile in the UK, www.emarketer.com
- How to Hire an Ecommerce Consultant in 2015, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Successful B2B ecommerce takes thinking for the long haul, www.internetretailer.com
- Who Is the Affluent Consumer? 29 Revealing Stats, blog.hubspot.com
- Can We Get 10,000 Email Addresses In 2 Weeks?, madlemmings.com
- Double opt-in or single opt-in? That is the question, www.changetheworldmarketing.com
- Microsoft Changes List-Unsubscribe Requirements, blog.returnpath.com
- What is CASL?, blogs.constantcontact.com
General Internet Marketing
- B2B marketing chiefs expect bigger budgets in 2015, www.internetretailer.com
- Brands Need to Use Real-Time Caution During #Blizzardof2015, www.adweek.com
- Is traditional marketing dead?, www.searchengineguide.com
- The 6 Step Online Marketing Strategy Every Small Business Should Follow in 2015, www.problogger.net
- 15 Mind-Blowing Stats About Mobile Measurement, www.cmo.com
- 4 Questions to Ask When Optimizing Your Site for Mobile, uxmag.com
- How mobile helped Starbucks boost foot traffic by 2%, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- In APAC, Mobile Consumers Are Very Different – From Each Other, adexchanger.com
- Leverage your app rating and “free” status in your next “Promote Your App” campaign!, advertising.microsoft.com
- Local Marketing a Rising Priority for National Brands, streetfightmag.com
- Sheriffs pressure Google to disable Waze feature that warns when police are near, saying it endangers officers, hosted.ap.org
- Smaller SMBs Show Distinctive Behaviors in Latest Local Commerce Monitor Survey, blog.biakelsey.com
- The Reason To Be Cheerful About HoloLens, techcrunch.com
- Trivia Crack Dominates App Store Charts, techcrunch.com
- Why It’s Like 1995 on the Mobile Web Right Now, www.getelastic.com
- 10 Ideas To Get You Integrating Your Offline Marketing With Social Media, www.socialbro.com
- 15 Ways to Optimize Your Facebook Ads, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 5 Questions to Determine if You’re Winning on Twitter, www.adweek.com
- 5 Reasons Social Media May be Totally Screwing Up Your Content Marketing, www.thesaleslion.com
- Average User has 5.54 Social Media Accounts, Says Study, www.adweek.com
- Brands Disappointed Fans in Q4 with Poor Social Customer Care, www.socialbakers.com
- Certain Words Trigger Facebook Prompts to Page Admins, Urging Them to Create Ads, www.adweek.com
- Do You Know What Your Audience Is Doing On Social Media?, heidicohen.com
- Facebook Is Testing A Simple App For Low-End Android Phones, techcrunch.com
- How to Promote a Podcast with Facebook Ads, www.jonloomer.com
- In One Chart, the Story of How Facebook Came to Take Over the Media and Marketing Worlds, contently.com
- Let’s Get Down To Business: 6 Twitter Metrics You Must Measure In 2015, www.socialbro.com
- Reach Niche Audiences with Overlap Targeting for Facebook Ads, blog.adstage.io
- Report Shows Social Channel Effectiveness, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- The BBC’s new tool pairs your life to global news events using Facebook data, qz.com
- There’s A Big Difference Between Using Facebook “At Work” And “For Work”, techcrunch.com
- Top B2B Instagram Feeds You Should Follow Today, blog.visual.ly
- Tumblr pairs its star contributors with advertisers, www.internetretailer.com
- 4 ways to combat programmatic video challenges, digiday.com
- Social Media Video – Essential Tips and Takeaways, www.toprankblog.com
- The NFL’s cautious embrace of YouTube, digiday.com
- The Video Marketer’s Playbook for Winning the Super Bowl, www.reelseo.com
- Why President Obama Agreed to be Interviewed by YouTubers, www.adweek.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.
New on MarTech