Marketing Day: A content marketing report, Google News gets AMP’ed & more
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- How to succeed with pay-per-call marketing in a mobile-first world
Apr 20, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
In today’s mobile‐first world, marketers must adopt new advertising and optimization strategies to unleash the full power of pay‐per‐call marketing. This white paper from DialogTech will help advertisers, publishers and networks new to pay‐per‐call get started and those already doing it improve current pay‐per‐call campaigns.
- Report: 74% of B2B content marketers have a strategy; only 22% rate it effective
Apr 20, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Content Marketing Institute’s latest report offers insight around current B2B enterprise content marketing trends.
- Google News gets AMP’ed with new carousel feature, more stories in the feed
Apr 20, 2016 by Greg Sterling
AMP stories load immediately and enable a better news-reading experience on mobile devices.
- Insightpool adds Facebook Topic Data to its Audience Insights product
Apr 20, 2016 by Marketing Land Staff
Company says it’s one of the first to offer Topic Data directly into its platform.
- Facebook adds TRP buying features for brands extending TV ads to mobile
Apr 20, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Along with new DMA and day-part features, Facebook offers insights on transforming effective TV ads into video ads that will resonate with mobile users.
- Content monetization platform Piano launches Composer for content personalization and paywalls
Apr 20, 2016 by Barry Levine
New York City-based company, whose clients include major publishers, contends its new product is “simpler, faster” than other solutions.
- As search changes, Google changes
Apr 20, 2016 by Adam Dorfman
Columnist Adam Dorfman notes that people are changing the way they search in response to new technologies and the proliferation of smartphones. What can advertisers and SEOs do to keep up?
- Thinking smarter: Take your SEO work to the next level
Apr 20, 2016 by Brian Harnish
Columnist Brian Harnish explains how you can streamline your workload and improve client relations through education, planning and communication.
- Email deliverability issues? Here are the 5 questions you should be asking
Apr 20, 2016 by Scott Heimes
If you’re an email marketer who’s experiencing problems with deliverability, columnist Scott Heimes discusses the steps you can take to diagnose and solve the problem.
- 5 must-do push notification best practices for mobile marketers
Apr 20, 2016 by Josh Todd
With consumers becoming increasingly annoyed by a barrage of messages, how can marketers break out of the noise? Columnist Josh Todd offers some tips on how to create thoughtful, personalized content that speaks to users.
- Europe says Google broke antitrust law with app rules, Android contracts
Apr 20, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Formal “Statement of Objections” focuses on Google search and Chrome browser app installation requirements.
- 5 exercises to strengthen your social media marketing skills
Apr 20, 2016 by Timothy Carter
Looking to get your social media marketing abilities in tip-top shape? Columnist Timothy Carter shares some tips to help you influence your target audience.
- Yahoo Q1 just beats Wall Street, mobile and “Mavens” grow, search and display down
Apr 19, 2016 by Greg Sterling
In the midst of the drama over who’s going to buy Yahoo, the company reported Q1 2016 earnings today. Results were somewhat better than Wall Street analyst consensus estimates. Total revenue was $1.08 billion, down from $1.23 billion a year ago and off 11 percent year over year.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Serial fans rejoice — You can now listen to podcasts directly in Google app on Android
- Google makes 2 ad updates that will affect local search marketers
- Brand bidding & PPC optimization: effective bidding techniques (part 7 of 8)
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- ‘The pageview is antiquated’: How Purch is trying to measure true reader impact, digiday.com
- 10 Hot Vendors That Made Gartner’s Cool Marketing Analytics List, www.cmswire.com
- C-level Marketers’ Survey Cites Access to Analytics as their No 1 Barrier, www.martechadvisor.com
- Searching for a Marketing Analytics Solution? Check Your Google History, www.cmswire.com
Blogs & Blogging
- How to Create a Backup and Disaster Recovery Plan for Your WordPress Blog, www.problogger.net
- Promote Your Blog On The Web Using These 30 Tips, smallbiztrends.com
- Twitter Goes on Defensive About China Head’s Background, www.wsj.com
- Will Twitter’s New Board Members Help Solve Its Diversity Problem?, www.fastcompany.com
- Authority Content: Build an Audience that Builds Your Business, www.copyblogger.com
- Content Marketing for the Less-Than-Stellar Writer, ignitevisibility.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Confusing UX: The new Royal Family website reviewed, econsultancy.com
- Designing For The Internet Of Emotional Thing, www.smashingmagazine.com
- F.A.C.E. Formula for Copywriting, www.marketingwords.com
- Scaling your UX team, www.usertesting.com
- Three online copywriting tips supported by research, www.econsultancy.com
- When Jargon Converts (and When It’s Just Cheesy), conversionxl.com
- What’s Being Used Left of The Dot? CSC Report Gives Examples, www.thedomains.com
- 9 Ecommerce Marketing Skills That Drive Success, www.practicalecommerce.com
- How Amazon capitalizes on hot sellers: It makes its own, www.internetretailer.com
- How Ecommerce is Keeping it Real with Virtual and Augmented Reality, multichannelmerchant.com
- How retailers can reach the next generation of online shoppers: Gen Z, www.internetretailer.com
- How To Create A Successful Online Store With WordPress, From Start To Finish, www.wpexplorer.com
- Spring Release 2016: E-Commerce in Focus, www.channeladvisor.com
- Will e-commerce deliveries depend on droids, not drones?, www.internetretailer.com
- 6 Things You Can Learn From Your Email Analytics, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Email Marketer Integrates With Email Verification Platform, www.cmswire.com
- Word to Your Mother’s Day Email Campaign, blog.movableink.com
General Internet Marketing
- Will conversational marketing become a reality in 2016?, econsultancy.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Acquisio Grows its Management Team and Introduces New VP of Technology, www.prnewswire.com
- Act-On Introduces an Integrated Workspace to Extend the Use of Marketing Automation Beyond Demand Generation, press.act-on.com
- Introducing: Universal Link and App Link Support, blog.bitly.com
- LiveRamp Hires Nielsen Veteran Jeff Smith as Chief Marketing Officer, www.businesswire.com
- New partnerships, features for TV broadcasters in DoubleClick, doubleclickpublishers.blogspot.com
- Spring Into Email Marketing Success With New Features, www.verticalresponse.com
- The Harris Poll Names 2016 Brands of the Year, www.theharrispoll.com
- A Publisher’s Guide To Counter-Ad Blocking Technology, adexchanger.com
- Marketing Technology Evolves US Media Buyers’ Approach, www.emarketer.com
- McKinsey Digital Leader: The Journey Wins, Not The Tech, chiefmartec.com
- Standardization and Measurement Are Top Challenges for the New Ad Tech Stack, www.emarketer.com
- ‘New metrics will develop’: Brands face marketing challenges with messaging’s rise, digiday.com
- Battleground Mobile: Why (& How) to Prepare for the Future, moz.com
- Displacement and Measuring the Unknown in Multi-Device, Multi-Channel Marketing Attribution, streetfightmag.com
- Google says Chrome now has more than 1 billion users on mobile, TechCrunch
- How Marketers Can Capitalize on 30B Daily Mobile Moments, www.tune.com
- Mobile M&As increase 35% on wave of branded content interest, www.mobilemarketer.com
- Mobile Might Not Finish a Sale, but It’s Vital in the Path to Purchase, www.emarketer.com
- SMS Marketing 101: How to Run a Successful Text Messaging Campaign, authoritylabs.com
- 3 Tips for Capturing Gift Givers in Your Review Strategy, multichannelmerchant.com
- How Merchants Can Use Reviews to Influence Sales, streetfightmag.com
- 5 Top Snapchat Tips for Marketers, blog.bufferapp.com
- 6 Tips That Will Drastically Improve Your Twitter Conversions, blog.crazyegg.com
- 7 Tips to Stay on Top of Social Media Customer Service, www.jeffbullas.com
- 7 Tips To Step Up Your Social Media Marketing Strategy, www.searchenginepeople.com
- 7 Ways to Improve Your LinkedIn Company Page, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 8 Steps to Create a Successful Social Care Program, www.toprankblog.com
- Analyzing Facebook Performance Thru Multi Channel Funnels, www.ppchero.com
- Facebook considers letting users add a tip jar to make money from posts, www.theverge.com
- Facebook Rolls Out Group Calling Via Messenger, www.adweek.com
- How Segmented Analysis Can Change Your Instagram Strategy, simplymeasured.com
- How the Law of Double-Peak Affects Social Media, www.searchenginejournal.com
- How to Stay Relevant in an Algorithmic Instagram Feed, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Is Facebook Exploring Ways for Verified Users to Make Money?, www.adweek.com
- Snapchat Bob Marley filter causes backlash, www.techinsider.io
- 5 New Facebook Live Video Features for Marketers, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- A look into YouTube’s video file anatomy, youtube-eng.blogspot.com
- AOL acquires VR content studio Ryot to bring immersive video to the Huffington Post, venturebeat.com
- Hootsuite Launches New YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram Video Integrations, www.martechadvisor.com
- More Facebook Ad Spend Goes to Video in Q1 (Report), www.adweek.com
- Video Ads: Testing What Works for Mobile Feed, www.facebook.com
- YouTube, Advanced Technology, And The “Billion-People Problem”, www.fastcompany.com