Marketing Day: Chrome ad blocking, Google extends olive branch to publishers & more
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- 14 ways to get smarter with your content and SEO
Oct 4, 2017 by Jim Yu
Contributor Jim Yu uses the SMART framework to prescribe a formula for SEO and content marketing success.
- Fraudsters don’t sleep, no matter who owns the tools to fight them
Oct 4, 2017 by Chuck Moran
Columnist Chuck Moran takes a look at the wave of consolidation in the ad verification space and discusses what it means for marketers in their search for transparency and solutions to fraud.
- Google’s Sridhar Ramaswamy on Chrome ad blocking: ‘It’s the ultimate fallback option’
Oct 4, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Google hopes its browser initiative will obviate consumer demand for mobile ad blockers.
- Organizing your company to win in mobile
Oct 4, 2017 by Lou Orfanos
Despite mobile’s momentum, brands are still struggling to tackle it. Columnist Lou Orfanos discusses how you can structure your organization to increase confidence in your mobile strategy and drive mobile growth.
- Google extends olive branch to publishers, lays out new focus on subscriptions
Oct 4, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
The corporate-level commitment to subscription programs comes as executives acknowledge the challenges publishers have been facing.
- Google test surfaces user data in DoubleClick for Publishers as part of new Insights Engine Project
Oct 3, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Several new initiatives are aimed at bringing machine learning into publisher products and offering solutions for driving subscriptions.
- Beat high-cost paid search clicks by sweating the details
Oct 3, 2017 by Pauline Jakober
Paid search can be difficult in competitive industries where CPCs are higher than average, but columnist Pauline Jakober believes it’s still possible to succeed with the right tactics.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- EU to hit Amazon with bill for Luxembourg back taxes, Financial Times
- Yahoo Triples Estimate of Breached Accounts to 3 Billion, Wall Street Journal
- 16 Tips for Better Visual Content Marketing, Content Marketing Institute
- 7 Ways to Keep Great Content from Dying a Slow, Unremarkable Death, Search Engine Journal
- 4 Essential Tips for eCommerce Startups, Social Media Explorer
- Holiday sales growth dependent on high-income, online shoppers, Retail Dive
- Is the Future of B2B E-commerce Born-In-The-Cloud Platforms?, MarTech Advisor
- 6 steps to a bulletproof email strategy, My Emma
- Email Marketing Tactics: Most Effective vs. Most Difficult, MarketingProfs
- This Email Experiment Went Horribly Wrong, The Blog Tyrant
General Internet Marketing
- Improve Your New Website’s Conversion Rate With Site Search, MarketingProfs
- The future of consumer marketing? The CMO of Unilever says it’s ‘consumer segments of one’, Think with Google
- The Year of Digital Ad Measurement: When Bots Get Caught, MarTech Advisor
Internet Marketing Industry
- New Research and Advisory Firm Kaleido Insights Launches with Release of Original Research to Help Corporate Leaders Act On Technology Trends Shaping the Future, Market Wired
- Torchlite Unveils Enhanced Torchlite Action, New Destination for Marketing Teams, PR Newswire
- WP Engine Solution Center Recognizes LaterPay as Key Solution for Monetizing WordPress Content, PR Web
- Armed with technology, advertisers can spend less and still grow sales, Digiday
- How Artificial Intelligence Could Change Attribution Tools, eMarketer
- Three problems marketers face with digital transformation (and three solutions), Econsultancy
- 4 Ways to Track Traditional Local Media Using Digital, Street Fight
- For Many Marketing Measurement Processes, Location Data Is Key, eMarketer
- 4 ways to use social media to increase your email list, VerticalResponse
- Science Has Spoken: Here’s Why Your Instagram Posts Don’t Get Engagement, Crazy Egg
- What Happens If Facebook Gets Serious About Local?, Street Fight
- Facebook’s Watch videos are being viewed an average of 23 seconds, Digiday
- Share YouTube Videos With iMessage Contacts Without Leaving the App, Search Engine Journal
- YouTube’s Gaming Sponsorships Feature Is A Game Changer, MediaKix