Marketing Day: Chewbacca Mask viral video, mastering CRO & social ad spending
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- 5 common digital marketing mistakes (and how to fix them)
May 23, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Despite a wealth of experience, marketers still make many digital marketing and optimization mistakes.
- Adobe takes the first steps to bring its Marketing Cloud into virtual reality
May 23, 2016 by Barry Levine
The company adds support for analytics, several VR formats and various ad types.
- Chewbacca Mask viral video drives sales for Kohl’s, others
May 23, 2016 by Matt McGee
Viral Chewbacca mask sells out on Kohls.com and other major websites, while Amazon third-party sellers hope to profit with huge markups.
- Don’t miss out saving $200 on SocialPro. Rates go up this Saturday!
May 23, 2016 by Marketing Land
Start off your Memorial Day weekend right by locking in low rates for SocialPro. Excited to find out more? Keep reading to find out the cutting-edge tactics, quality content and networking that are in store for you. Then register now to save $200 off conference passes!
- [WATCH] ML Live #14: Google Home vs. Amazon Echo, Google I/O recap & more
May 23, 2016 by Matt McGee
In the latest Marketing Land Live, we recap all the news from Google I/O, including a discussion on the merits of Google Home vs. Amazon Echo.
- What marketers need to know about Google assistant and Google Home
May 23, 2016 by Joe Youngblood
Voice search is growing, and Google is investing heavily in products that utilize this technology. Contributor Joe Youngblood discusses these products and their implications for marketers.
- 4 effective local positioning strategies you’re overlooking
May 23, 2016 by Lydia Jorden
Local search columnist Lydia Jorden explores four ideas that, when utilized, can have a major impact on local SEO success.
- How to write a digital data & analytics RFP
May 23, 2016 by David Booth
Writing a request for proposal can be a daunting task. But columnist David Booth has some guidelines for your digital data & analytics RFP process to help you get what’s best for you and your organization.
- The complete guide to mastering conversion optimization
May 23, 2016 by Stoney deGeyter
How do you turn traffic into converting customers? Columnist Stoney deGeyter outlines how you can improve your visitors’ experience both before and after they arrive on your site.
- It’s time to get personal with email
May 23, 2016 by Michael Litt
How do you improve your open and click rates? Columnist Michael Litt explains why personalization and video are a winning combination for your email marketing strategy.
- ROI beyond likes and shares: 5 ways calls validate social ad spending
May 23, 2016 by Andrew Osmak
How do you accurately determine your social ad spend ROI? Columnist Andrew Osmak discusses the benefits of using call tracking to measure your success.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Google to announce AdWords news & updates Tuesday
- Local SEO doesn’t happen in a vacuum
- 5 brilliant headline hacks for crazy high organic click-through rates
- 10 tips for building a local brand that will boost your local search ranking
- Google Search Console now lets you group your sites together with property sets
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- A Marriage in Marketing: Content and Affiliate, blog.cj.com
- When Affiliate Marketing Goes Bad, 3qdigital.com
- Why Google beat Yahoo in the war for the Internet, techcrunch.com
- 3 Strategies to Get a Reaction From Your Audience, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Does Censorship Kill the Appeal of User-Generated Content?, contently.com
- How to Write Engaging Content About Boring Subject Matter, www.problogger.net
- Poor Content Marketing Turns Nonprofit Donors Off, www.emarketer.com
- The Secret to Doing Real-Time Content Marketing Well: Catch Opportunity When it Falls in Your Lap, mackcollier.com
- Webinars and Videos: Overlooked Tools that Can Actually Bolster Content Marketing Effort, www.martechadvisor.com
- Why consumer generated content could be a boon for brands, www.retaildive.com
- How Much of a Role Does Trust Play on Conversion Rates?, blog.kissmetrics.com
- How to Overcome the Challenge of Analyzing A/B Test Results, www.martechadvisor.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 3 reasons why you should continuously conduct user research, www.usertesting.com
- DX Leaders: ‘Bring Human Emotion to Customer Experience Design’, www.cmswire.com
- How Are Marketers Benefiting from Improved Customer Experiences?, www.emarketer.com
- Improve Your Designs With The Principles Of Continuation And Common Fate, www.smashingmagazine.com
- Marketers’ 10 Most Common Copyright Questions… Answered!, www.marketingprofs.com
- Stop overthinking UX and try the coffee shop test, venturebeat.com
- 5 Ways to Draw Shoppers In, and Keep Them, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Amazon stopped giving refunds when an item’s price drops after you purchase it, www.recode.net
- Bots: marketing opportunity or #RetailFail?, www.internetretailer.com
- How online marketplaces have become the shopping mall of the future, www.internetretailer.com
- How to compete with Amazon in price and still make a profit, www.internetretailer.com
- My Favorite CRO Hacks for Ecommerce Sites, blog.crazyegg.com
- Now you can build your own Amazon Echo or Google Home – and the companies couldn’t be happier, qz.com
- Smart Mobile Shopping Starts With User Experience, multichannelmerchant.com
- 3 Simple Ways to Grow Your Email List Online, blogs.constantcontact.com
- 7 essential tips & tricks for winning the inbox, myemma.com
General Internet Marketing
- 6 Reasons Influencer Marketing is Beneficial, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 8 Concepts Every Digital Marketer Should Understand, www.toprankblog.com
- ANA report on ad agency transparency: set to be explosive, Business Insider
- CMOs on Mobile Data, Audiences, and Ads, www.tune.com
- 5 Marketing Technology Trends on the Horizon, www.martechadvisor.com
- 3 mobile marketing takeaways from Google I/O, blog.operamediaworks.com
- 5 Dos and Don’ts of Mobile Marketing Automation, www.martechadvisor.com
- Do not get stuck in mobile limbo, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Google plans to bring password-free logins to Android apps by year-end, techcrunch.com
- If you’re treating mobile as a ‘channel,’ you’re getting it all wrong, venturebeat.com
- This is the start of the post-app era, venturebeat.com
- What Quartz’s App Says About The Future Of Mobile Publishing, adexchanger.com
- Why Location Was a Dominant Theme at This Year’s Google I/O, streetfightmag.com
- Consumers Think Local Businesses Need Better Online Presence, smallbiztrends.com
- When to trademark your tech name, venturebeat.com
- 10 Tips and Strategies for a Better Facebook Marketing Campaign, www.problogger.net
- 12 Ways Facebook Can Utilize Emotional Data From Reactions, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 25 Ways to Blow Up Your Pinterest (And One Big Mistake), ignitevisibility.com
- 7 Awesome Facebook Ad Examples, www.wordstream.com
- How Brands Can Benefit in the Snapchat Scene, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- How Brands Can Build a Passionate Facebook Community, www.newswhip.com
- How to Improve Your Facebook Ad Performance, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Instagram’s code hints at option to pay to boost posts, techcrunch.com
- Snapchat Daily Video Views Have Skyrocketed, smallbiztrends.com
- Snapchat plans Discover page redesign for early June, venturebeat.com
- Social Media Network Timelines: Why Do Social Networks Keep Monkeying With Them?, www.stonetemple.com
- Some Snapchat users aren’t happy about X-Men’s lenses takeover, digiday.com
- These 5 Startups Used Snapchat To Boost Their Brand (And So Can You), www.fastcompany.com
- TV Budgets Shifting to Social? Yes, It’s Time to Worry, adage.com
- With Twitter’s NFL deal, social networks can take on traditional broadcasters at last, techcrunch.com
- 29 Big Video Marketing Statistics for Media Brands, www.reelseo.com
- Facebook buys VR audio company Two Big Ears, debuts ‘Facebook 360 Spatial Workstation’, VentureBeat
- Facebook Live lets you skip to the good part, techcrunch.com
- Facebook Video and Facebook Live: The Future for Marketers, www.adweek.com
- How Google’s Daydream mobile VR system will work, venturebeat.com
- Video Ad Spending on Social Platforms Is Rising Fast, www.emarketer.com
- Virtual reality: Three more brands dipping their toes in, econsultancy.com
- Why the Virtual-Reality Hype is About to Come Crashing Down, www.wsj.com