Marketing Day: B2B vs. B2C social strategy, brand safety on YouTube & more
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- What makes for a valued martech provider?
Jun 26, 2017 by Scott Vaughan
In the rapidly growing martech space, how do you determine which providers are worthy of your investment? Contributor Scott Vaughan taps some industry pros to share their tips.
- SMX Advanced session: Mobile-First For The Advanced SEO
Jun 26, 2017 by Greg Gifford
How can websites prepare for the mobile-first index? Columnist Greg Gifford recaps a session from SMX Advanced dealing with the impending rollout of Google’s new index, which prioritizes mobile content over desktop.
- Danny Sullivan: My new role as advisor for Third Door Media
Jun 26, 2017 by Danny Sullivan
Marketing Land continues on strong, with an outstanding team in place.
- B2B vs. B2C: What’s the social strategy?
Jun 26, 2017 by Brad O’Brien
How does an effective social advertising game plan differ between B2B and B2C companies? Columnist Brad O’Brien shares tips on optimizing the social approach for both audience types.
- Timeline: Google’s ongoing efforts to address brand safety on YouTube
Jun 26, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Addressing brand safety took on a new urgency after an advertiser revolt this spring. Here’s the rundown of what the company has done to address advertiser concerns.
- Major publishers band together against the ‘walled gardens’ in Sonobi’s cookie-less advertising marketplace
Jun 26, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Combined, the publishers deliver an audience of more than 150 million signed-in users.
- Is retargeting dying?
Jun 26, 2017 by Barry Levine
Since third-party cookies are crumbling, it’s time to ask if the days of ads following you everywhere are numbered.
- Four ways brands can boost retail channel sales through content
Jun 26, 2017 by Adri Nowell
In an overcrowded e-commerce marketplace, how do you make your brand stand out for consumers? Contributor Adri Nowell shares four tips to help you increase online sales on your retail partner websites.
- Compare 9 paid search campaign management tools
Jun 23, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Marketing Land’s “Enterprise Paid Media Campaign Management Platforms: A Marketer’s Guide” examines the market for paid search and other media campaign management platforms and the considerations involved in implementing this software into your business.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 101+ KPI Choices: Use the Best Key Performance Indicators, Content Marketing Institute
- Lead with your Ears: Driving Performance with Speech Analytics, MarTech Advisor
- Survey: Big data, predictive analytics top investment priorities, Retail Dive
- Which Analytics Stats Really Matter to Your Blog and Marketing Campaign?, The Blog Herald
Blogs & Blogging
- Alphabet partners with Avis to manage self-driving car fleet, Reuters
- Facebook, Microsoft, Twitter and YouTube Announce Formation of the Global Internet Forum to Counter Terrorism, Official YouTube Blog
- Jeff Bezos says Amazon will “keep investing” in India as rivals raise new war chests, TechCrunch
- LinkedIn’s head of China is leaving the company, TechCrunch
- Mark Zuckerberg just sold $42.5 million of Facebook stock, Quartz
- Twitter Head of Sport, Australia Jonno Simpson Makes an Unscriptd Departure, Adweek
- What Amazon taught us this week: Data-centric companies will devour competitors, VentureBeat
- 10 Things Your Content Must Do to Succeed, Search Engine Journal
- 10 Truths About Content Marketing You Need To Know, Jeff Bullas
- Contagious Content Marketing: How to Give Your Content Viral Potential, Top Rank Marketing Blog
- How to Be More Inclusive In Your Content Marketing, CopyPressed
- Paint by Numbers: Using Data to Produce Great Content, Moz
- We Analyzed 100 Million Headlines. Here’s What We Learned (New Research), BuzzSumo
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- How to Optimize Your Website for Multiple Topics, Search Engine Journal
- Domain registrars hate registry exceptions, Domain Name Wire
- Amazon files patent for drone delivery ‘beehive’ fulfillment center, Retail Dive
- How Amazons Whole Foods Buy Could Transform the Retail Ecosystem, Street Fight
- How to Build a Black Friday Micro-Influencer Program, MarketingProfs
- Quick Guide to Amazon’s Advertiser Audiences, The AdStage Blog
- Will Amazon’s Brand Registry restrict marketplace sellers?, Practical Ecommerce
- 29 Inspiring Examples of Behaviorally-Targeted Emails, Kiss Metrics
- Email Marketing Purchase Drivers by Generation, MarketingProfs
- Email Outreach Tips: +22 Link Building Email Templates, Kaiser the Sage
- Father’s Day Email Report: Smartphone Email Opens Dominate, Movable Ink Blog
- How to Write Email Newsletters People Open & Act On, Content Marketing Institute
- Two List Building Plugins That Give You Maximum Results For Minimal Effort, Click Newz
General Internet Marketing
- 10 Ways To Build Powerful Connections With Influencers, Jeff Bullas
- If a marketing tactic works, but people hate it, should you use it?, Chief Marketing Technologist
- Influence Marketing: Tips on Finding an Influencer, Compukol
- When to Send Article Pitches (and Other Important Emails), Copyblogger
Internet Marketing Industry
- YouAppi Research Shows that Mobile Marketers are Challenged by Mobile Video Despite its Dynamic, PR Newswire
- How Technology is Creating More Opportunities for the Modern Marketer, Marketo
- Online Advertising Puts Another Link In The Blockchain, AdExchanger
- SAP’s CMO: Every Company Is A Technology Company, AdExchanger
- Survey: Marketers Failing to Unlock Full Potential of AI and Voice Search, KoMarketing
- The Ethics of Using AI in Advertising, AdAge
- How Location-Based Services Will Take the Customer Experience to the Next Level, MarTech Advisor
- The Mobile Marketing Studio: 26 Apps to Help You Create Epic Social Media Content on Your Smartphone, The Buffer Blog
- 23 Instagram Tools to Connect with Shoppers, Practical Ecommerce
- 7 Proven Facebook Marketing Ideas That Will Help Your Business, Search Engine Journal
- Facebook celebrates Harry Potter’s 20th anniversary with a magical Easter egg, The Verge
- How to Optimize Your Facebook Page for Product Sales, Social Media Examiner
- How to Set Up Pinterest Rich Pins for your WordPress Website, WPExplorer
- Snapchat’s newest feature is also its biggest privacy threat, The Verge
- Twitter’s new ad is a hellscape full of sweaty, shouting people, The Verge
- Twitter’s New Star-Studded Ads Demonstrate How Hashtags Connect All Sides of a Story, Adweek
- Facebook Is Launching A Standalone App Exclusively For Video Creators, Tubefilter
- 199: A COOL TOOL To Create Professional Facebook Live Videos, ProBlogger
- Apple’s AR is closer to reality than Google’s, The Verge
- Facebook reminds you Messenger video chat exists with new effects, Engadget
- Facebook video ad viewability rates are as low as 20 percent, agencies say, Digiday
- Periscope to Solve Issues Raised By Broadcasters, MarTech Advisor
- Study: Facebook Live, YouTube Live are neck and neck, Mobile Marketer
- Uptime, YouTube’s experimental app for watching videos with friends, opens to all, TechCrunch
- Vimeo Scraps Plans to Create Netflix-Like Service, AdAge