Marketing Day: An E-Commerce Report, Bitly Adds New Tool & The Product Search Battle
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Mobile Marketer Ubimo Adds Politics As A Data Layer For Ad Targeting
Nov 17, 2015 by Barry Levine
Tel Aviv-based firm sees the political character of a precinct as being useful targeting info for a marketing, as well as a political, campaign
- E-Commerce Activity Climbing, While Electronics Top Non-Branded Search Terms
Nov 17, 2015 by Pamela Parker
TVs, laptops and home decoration dominated online shoppers’ minds as they browsed and bought in higher numbers last week.
- Bitly Launches Tool For Channelizing Its Short Links
Nov 17, 2015 by Barry Levine
Called Bitly Campaigns, it allows marketers to create and track links across multiple channels, instead of makeshift tracking in Excel.
- Most Social Media Management Tools Still Lack “Emergency Stop” Button For Times Of Tragedy
Nov 17, 2015 by Martin Beck
All agree that brands should stop promotional messages in the immediate aftermath of tragic events, but most management dashboards don’t have a simple way to pause posting.
- 5 Days. 5 Small Marketing Wins. 5 Minutes Each.
Nov 17, 2015 by Patrick Armitage
Don’t underestimate the value of a quick win. Columnist Patrick Armitage outlines five quick and easy things you should be doing to improve your motivation and marketing expertise.
- Auto-Tune for Marketing: Tips For Using Analytics To Plan, Execute And Adjust Your Marketing Strategy In Real Time
Nov 17, 2015 by Joshua Reynolds
How can you keep your marketing strategy in tune when the industry is shifting so quickly? Columnist Joshua Reynolds has some tips for how to adjust and change course ahead of time so that you’ll always be prepared.
- The Product Search Battle: Has Google Shopping Been More Successful Against Amazon Than Google Lets On?
Nov 17, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
New data offer a different perspective the Amazon-Google battle for product search.
- Why Digital Marketing Should Join The Sharing Economy
Nov 17, 2015 by Mike Sands
As the sharing economy gains steam, columnist Mike Sands says it’s set to disrupt digital marketing and how marketers use their engagement data.
- How To Stay On Top Of Content, PR And Performance
Nov 17, 2015 by Jim Yu
By joining forces, PR and content marketing can hugely benefit one another. Columnist Jim Yu discusses five ways to ensure that your PR and content marketing teams are working together cohesively.
- Here’s How Marketing Tech Is Different This Holiday Season
Nov 16, 2015 by Barry Levine
Three marketers tell us what new trends and tools they’re seeing in actual use this year, compared to last.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- How To Prep For The Pending Penguin Update & Ensure You’re Penalty Free In 2016
- Use Google’s Search Console API & Pivot Tables To Supercharge Your Long-Tail SEO
- Can Yahoo Gemini Succeed In Search? SEM Execs Weigh In
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- An Analytics Goal Too Far: Understanding Measurement Strategy, www.lunametrics.com
- Analytics Talent Shortage: Top 3 Reasons to be Optimistic, www.blastam.com
- Why do digital marketing agencies struggle with measurement?, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Facebook plans epic rooftop park, with walking trails and giant fire pit, at new Seattle office, www.geekwire.com
- Satya Nadella Delivers Microsoft State of Security Address, techcrunch.com
- 5 Creative Content Marketing Lessons, www.toprankblog.com
- Avoid Legal Action: Take Proper Steps to Own the Content, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Can the ‘Contagious Index’ Unlock the Secret to Viral Content?, contently.com
- How Can Content Marketing Improve Your Sales?, www.verticalmeasures.com
- How to Rev Up Your Article from the Start, www.copyblogger.com
- Many B2B Marketers Not Aware of FTC Sponsored-Content Guidelines, www.emarketer.com
- Seasonal Content Creation – The Dos and Don’ts, www.koozai.com
- What Google’s RankBrain Means to Content Marketers, www.copypress.com
- Why Your PR Won’t Survive Without Content Marketing (And Vice Versa), contently.com
- 9 Silly Blunders Every Conversion Optimizer Should Avoid, vwo.com
- The Advanced Guide to Holiday Testing, conversionxl.com
- Want to Boost Conversions? Get Employees Involved in Content Creation, blog.crazyegg.com
- Website Navigation for Better Visitor Conversion, www.searchenginejournal.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 3 Really Difficult Ways to Create Great Customer Experience, www.convinceandconvert.com
- When writing for humans, it helps to think like one, adsense.blogspot.com
Display & Contextual Advertising
- 5 Tools for Display Ad Creation and Distribution, streetfightmag.com
- .pro now open to all, domainincite.com
- 9 years later, Twitter gets Twitter.com.au, domainnamewire.com
- 4 ways e-retailers can use holiday data to boost sales year-round, www.internetretailer.com
- 5 Ecommerce Trends That Will Be Game Changers in 2016, multichannelmerchant.com
- 5 Lessons B2B Marketers Can Learn from Successful E-Commerce Solutions, www.komarketingassociates.com
- 6 ways to improve the checkout experience, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- 7 Merchandising Lessons from Top Online Retailers, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Borrow B2C Website Features to Enhance Your B2B Ecommerce Site, multichannelmerchant.com
- Fraud rates on online transactions seen up during holidays: study, www.reuters.com
- Getting E-Commerce Site Structure Right, www.searchenginepeople.com
- Millennials More Interested in Same-Day Delivery from Online Retailers, multichannelmerchant.com
- Online shopping experiences: The good, the bad & how to find your focus, econsultancy.com
- Email-marketing Tips for Cyber Monday 2015, www.practicalecommerce.com
- How to Lose Previously Loyal Customers: A Holiday Email Frequency Story, www.silverpop.com
General Internet Marketing
- 2016 Means the Death of Targeted Millennial Marketing, adage.com
- How to Create Customer Loyalty, blog.marketo.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Verve Hires Two Industry Experts, www.prnewswire.com
- Amobee Brand Intelligence Technology Expands Globally, www.marketwired.com
- Ensighten Launches Tag Management and Optimization Solution for Mobile Apps, www.ensighten.com
- New Customer Logos, Improved Platform Capabilities Cement Lithium Technologies’ Leadership Position, www.lithium.com
- ProofHQ Survey Finds Marketers Gridlocked by Content Creation, www.workfront.com
- Quixey Brings on Tamar Elkeles as Chief People Officer, www.quixey.com
- A Marketer’s Guide To Ad Tech Consultants, adexchanger.com
- What The AI Arms Race Means For Creative Technology, techcrunch.com
- Influence is the New Online Currency & Technology is Key, www.razorsocial.com
- 31 Tips for Local Digital Marketing, smallbiztrends.com
- Chrome On Mobile Now Has 800M Monthly Active Users, techcrunch.com
- Eliminating ad tax deduction could hasten move to mobile advertising, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Yesterday: GIFs are great! But actually making them kinda sucks, staff.tumblr.com
- 2 Emotions To Exploit For Contagious Social Media Marketing, www.jeffbullas.com
- 5 Holiday Shopping Trends Social Marketers Need to Know, www.adweek.com
- 7 Ways Businesses Are Using Carousel Ads, www.facebook.com
- Google & Twitter Small Biz Present: The #SmallBizSquad, googleandyourbusiness.blogspot.com
- How Brands Can Take Advantage of Snapchat, blog.kissmetrics.com
- How to Advertise on Instagram: A Complete Instagram Ads Guide, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- How to Optimize Your Social Media Schedule for Maximum Impact, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Social Creative: Tips for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, 3qdigital.com
- The #1 Mistake We All Make on Twitter (It’s Probably Not What You’re Expecting), blog.bufferapp.com
- 62% of 18-24 Year Olds Would Buy a Product Backed by a YouTuber, www.reelseo.com
- 9 Facebook Video Testing Strategies to Try, simplymeasured.com
- Ericsson sees video driving tenfold rise in mobile data by 2021, www.reuters.com
- Five tips for producing video content in-house, econsultancy.com
- Refinery29 Finds Subtitles Drive Video Completions On Facebook, adexchanger.com
- YouTube helps creators shoot their dream videos, digiday.com