Marketing Day: Amazon Prime Day, net neutrality & mobile ad blocking
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- How much does SEO cost?
Jul 10, 2017 by Marcus Miller
How much should you be paying for search engine optimization (SEO)? Columnist Marcus Miller breaks down what factors go into SEO pricing.
- Prime Day brings a price battle between Amazon Echo and Google Home
Jul 10, 2017 by Matt McGee
Both companies drop the price on their smart speakers, but Amazon’s aggressive discount could win the day.
- Overcoming the summertime sales drought: Have you watered your leads?
Jul 10, 2017 by Seth Price
Just because it’s the lazy days of summer, it doesn’t mean it’s time to put your marketing efforts on the back burner. Contributor Seth Price outlines five ways to step up your lead nurturing during the summer months.
- In the debate over net neutrality, make some noise
Jul 10, 2017 by James Green
As the battle over net neutrality heats up, columnist James Green chips away at some misconceptions about the regulations to help you understand what’s at stake for advertisers.
- The state of mobile ad blocking: what the internet giants are doing to prevent (or enable) it
Jul 10, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
A look at how Apple, Facebook, Google and others are addressing user frustrations with mobile experiences and adoption of mobile ad blockers.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Amazon is quietly rolling out its own Geek Squad to set up gadgets in your home, Recode
- The New York Times and the Wall Street Journal Are Coming Together to Fight Facebook and Google, Adweek
- Waymo v. Uber: Alphabet CEO Larry Page will be deposed, Ars Technica
- 5 Content Marketing Ideas for August 2017, Practical Ecommerce
- Create Content for the ‘Why’, Not the ‘What’, Content Marketing Institute
- What 4 Content Marketers Learned From 4 Content Marketing Experiments, CMS Wire
- 2 new marketing options for FBA sellers on Amazon’s Brand Registry, Practical Ecommerce
- Amazon’s Prime Day marks debut of Prime Air cargo planes, a FedEx, UPS threat, ZDNet
- How publishers are capitalizing on Prime Day, Digiday
- Handy Tips for Better User Engagement with Email, MarTech Advisor
- Why You Need Email Newsletters To Crush Your Marketing, Heidi Cohen
General Internet Marketing
- How Brands Can Mitigate Influencer Marketing Risks, Adweek
- How to Use Testimonials & Reviews in Your Marketing Strategy, MarketingProfs
- Meet the Plurals: Your Next Marketing Challenge, AdAge
- Is winter coming for martech? Or just for martech VCs?, Chief Marketing Technologist
- Political campaigns leverage mobile tech to better target voters, Mobile Marketer
- The Failure Of Innovation In Ad Tech, AdExchanger
- 10 Mobile-Friendly Web Design Features All Designers Should Know, Usability Geek
- How to Leverage Group Messaging to Amplify your Marketing Efforts, MarTech Advisor
- Is Mobile Geofencing Right for Your Business?, CMS Wire
- B2B Marketers Lean Toward LinkedIn Above All Other Social Media Platforms, KoMarketing
- Facebook Is Testing Custom Audiences Based on Engagement With Instagram Business Profiles, Adweek
- How to Use Facebook Ads to Get More Attention for Your Brand, Small Biz Trends
- 3 Ways to Build Stories With Short-Form Video Ads, Think with Google
- How long are viral Instagram videos?, NewsWhip
- The Significant Seven Social Video Platforms of 2017, Tubular Insights