Marketing Day: AdWords copywriting hacks, an interview with ESL’s CMO & more
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- 10 AdWords copywriting hacks
Oct 3, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
The holiday season is quickly approaching, and competition for ad clicks gets more competitive each day leading up to Black Friday. Even the most seasoned advertisers know that small improvements to ad copy can make a big difference in performance.
- Swimming up(bid)stream
Oct 3, 2017 by James Green
Columnist James Green takes a look at the explosive growth of the bidstream, the challenges of header bidding and how automation and data science will shape the future of ad buying.
- Why your social media audience is critical for content marketing
Oct 3, 2017 by Mark Traphagen
How do you get your content shared and then reshared? Columnist Mark Traphagen discusses how to cultivate an audience that will help your content spread like wildfire.
- ESL’s CMO focuses brand refresh on the esports company’s compelling founding story
Oct 3, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Get to Know: ESL CMO Rodrigo Samwell
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Amazon’s first streamed NFL game surpassed Twitter’s viewership last year, Mobile Marketer
- Hard Questions: Russian Ads Delivered to Congress, Facebook Newsroom
- The Big Tech Platforms Still Suck During Breaking News, BuzzFeed
- 7 Types of Content That Work Regardless of Industry, Vertical Measures
- How to Create Engaging Content: Nine Helpful Approaches, MarketingProfs
- UGC: Where Does It Fit in Your Content Marketing Strategy?, Content Marketing Institute
- Amazon private brands grew 90% over last year, Retail Dive
- Image recognition in ecommerce: Visual search, product tagging and content curation, Econsultancy
- Will Indie Merchants Force Amazon to Loosen Its Grip on Ecommerce?, CMS Wire
- How to Measure the Success of Your Holiday Marketing, Constant Contact
General Internet Marketing
- GDPR is coming, but nobody knows how it will be enforced, Digiday
- How the CMO became a politician, Digiday
- The ABCs of Reputation Management for Brands, Street Fight
Internet Marketing Industry
- Gravy Analytics and AnalyticsIQ Empower Advertisers to Reach Affluent In-Market Consumers and Business Owners, PR Newswire
- Localytics Customers Outperform the Industry by Achieving 40% Growth in Monthly Active App Users, Localytics
- Mautic Launches Maestro Marketing Management Solution, Mautic
- 5 Fascinating Marketing Automation Tactics that Can Help Your Business Grow, Small Biz Trends
- Digital Asset Management Readies for Its Fourth Era, CMS Wire
- How Do Consumers Really Feel About Facial Recognition?, eMarketer
- Facebook Messenger Marketing: 7 Ideas You Can Try Today, The Buffer Blog
- Nearly 70% of shoppers aware of BOPIS, mobile payments, Retail Dive
- Survey: Enterprise Marketers Are Increasing Local Digital Mix, Street Fight
- 6 Underrated Elements of Successful B2B Social Media Strategies, KoMarketing
- 70% of brands use Instagram influencers, Retail Dive
- Instagram adds polling stickers to Stories, The Verge
- 8 Reasons Why Social Media Videos Go Viral, MediaKix
- When Data Meets Creative: Why Audience Insights are Critical for Video Publishers, Tubular Insights
- YouTube Remarketing: How to Retarget People on YouTube, Social Media Examiner
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.