Marketing Day: Ad Blocker Report, Top 10 August Video Creators & Pinterest Holiday Planning
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the Web.
From Marketing Land:
- ABC Gives #TGIT Fans Emoji Triggers For Video Trailers On Twitter
Sep 22, 2015 by Martin Beck
Fans of “Scandal,” “Grey’s Anatomy” and “How to Get Away With Murder” who tweet an emoji-hashtag combination get auto-replies with video previews of the shows.
- Ad Blocker Usage Highest Among Key Advertiser Demos: Millennials And High Earners
Sep 22, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
Study by Sourcepoint and comScore shows younger audiences are more likely to use ad blockers and usage is typically highest among the highest income segments.
- Top 10 Video Creators In August: BuzzFeed Surpasses 1.8B Combined Video Views
Sep 22, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
After reaching 946 million views in July, BuzzFeed’s total video views across all of its brands jumped to nearly two billion in August.
- Federal Trade Commission To Serve As Opening Keynote For Marketing Land’s SocialPro Conference
Sep 22, 2015 by Marketing Land
Social media is no different from other forms of media when it comes to making clear when there’s a paid relationship. The US Federal Trade Commission has guidelines that cover this. But people can still be confused. Good News: The FTC has the opening keynote at Marketing Land’s upcoming SocialPro conference.
- Pinterest Says Pinners Are Already Planning For The Holidays
Sep 22, 2015 by Martin Beck
Company releases stats that show 38 million people Pinned holiday-related content, including 170 million holiday decor Pins, in 2014.
- It’s Alive: The Power Of First-Party Intent Signals
Sep 22, 2015 by Mike Sands
How do you achieve true people-based marketing? Columnist Mike Sands explains why it’s all about reaching customers at the right time with the right message.
- Marketing Men & Machines: Balancing Technology And Human Capital
Sep 22, 2015 by Jim Yu
With the rise of big data, machine learning is offering marketers new opportunities. Columnist Jim Yu explains how the technology can help you create a personalized experience for Web users.
- Ad Blocking: The IAB Wants To Sue, But It Probably Can’t Win
Sep 22, 2015 by Greg Sterling
It may be premature to call ad blocking a “crisis” for the industry, but it’s obviously an area of significant concern for publishers and advertisers. The IAB (Internet Advertising Bureau) has suggested that it may sue to try to stop ad blocking; however, the prospect of legal victory is dubious.
- 7 Habits Of Highly Strategic Marketers
Sep 22, 2015 by Patrick Armitage
It’s time for you to be more strategic — but what does that really mean? Columnist Patrick Armitage gets into the nitty-gritty of what it means to be strategic and outlines a list of habits that every strategic marketer should adopt.
- Let Us Now Praise Famous Marketers
Sep 22, 2015 by David Rodnitzky
Why would a client pay for an advertisement congratulating its service provider for good work? Columnist David Rodnitzky explains the reasoning behind such a move, yet wonders why the industry still thinks this way.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Google Expands Commission-Based Hotel Ads Program
- Local Search Voted Most Powerful Channel For Local Businesses
- Google Loses Appeal By AdWords Advertisers In Suit Over Ads On Error Pages
- Google Switched To Local 3-Packs: Is There Cause For Alarm?
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Preparing for Black Friday 2015: Key Trends That Could Determine Success, blog.affiliatewindow.com
- 15 Best Heatmap Analytics WordPress Plugins and Services, www.wpexplorer.com
- Gartner: Attribution And Web Analytics Are Converging, adexchanger.com
- Marketers Should Be Data Savvy, Not Data Scientists, www.cmswire.com
- Inside BuzzFeed’s plans to conquer Europe, digiday.com
- Twitter Loses Its Sr. Director of Engineering, Growth and International Team To Uber, techcrunch.com
- How to Create Great Finance Content Without Violating FINRA Regulations, contently.com
- How to Get More Mileage Out of Your Visual Content, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- 11 Pages That Really Need Optimization For More Email Signups, vwo.com
- 13 Reasons Your CRO is Failing, blog.crazyegg.com
- 3 Conversion Rate Optimization Insights You Need Now, www.goinflow.com
- This Agency Created a Conversion-Centered Content Strategy, unbounce.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- How to Immediately Become a More Productive (and Better) Writer, www.copyblogger.com
- In-Person vs. Remote Usability Testing, www.usertesting.com
- The Website Launch Checklist: 14 Things You Need to Review Before Going Live, blog.hubspot.com
- TThe Ethics of Consumerism and UX Strategy, www.uxmatters.com
- Apple using apple.news as (yawn) redirect service, domainincite.com
- GoDaddy Pro Features Expanded for Program Members, smallbiztrends.com
- 7 Quick Changes to Boost Ecommerce Conversions, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Amazon Prime Memberships Drop To $67 On Friday Only, techcrunch.com
- Are we seeing the end of the chief merchant?, www.retaildive.com
- Groupon Is Laying Off 1,100 At A Cost Of $35M, Shutters Operations In 7 Countries, techcrunch.com
- U.S. Postal Service and Alibaba collaborate on cross-border e-commerce, www.internetretailer.com
- A New Way to View Attachments in Yahoo Mail, yahoomail.tumblr.com
- Gmail Now Lets You Easily Block Annoying Senders, techcrunch.com
- Measuring the Business Impact of Your Test, blog.returnpath.com
- Movable Ink Launches Partner Program for Enhanced Email Marketing, www.martechadvisor.com
General Internet Marketing
- 2016 Marketing Program Planning Templates, blog.marketo.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- PointRoll and Shoplocal Merge Under a Stand Alone Brand, Market Wired
- AdRoll Formalizes ‘Strategic Solutions’ Service Tier for Enterprise and Agency Customers, www.prnewswire.com
- Amobee Launches Instagram Ads Solution, amobee.com
- Cxense to Acquire Media Business from Ramp, www.cxense.com
- GE Names Linda Boff Chief Marketing Officer, www.businesswire.com
- Laura Viscusi Joins Penton, www.penton.com
- The Trade Desk, Inc. Named Among Crain’s ‘Best Places to Work in New York City’ for Second Year, www.marketwired.com
- 5 Proven Ways To Fund Your App At The Idea Stage, usabilitygeek.com
- 7 charts that show who’s dominating mobile, digiday.com
- A Complete Guide to ASO (App Store Optimization), 3qdigital.com
- Apple refunding all purchases of Peace, www.marco.org
- How brands and retailers can improve their mobile marketing efforts, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- How to Build an App That’s as Addictive as Coffee, uxmag.com
- More About Reaching Your Mobile Customers, www.cmswire.com
- Pixalate Launches ‘Trust Index’ of Mobile App Exchanges, adage.com
- Rapid Cross-OS Mobile App Development: Lessons Learned, www.smashingmagazine.com
- Remember Google Glass? A Revival is Being Planned, smallbiztrends.com
- 10 Apps To Boost Your Social Media Performance, www.searchenginepeople.com
- 10 GIFs Only Social Media Marketers Will Understand, simplymeasured.com
- 5 Keyword Targeting Strategies for Twitter Ads, blog.adstage.io
- 5 Tools for Measuring Social Marketing Results, streetfightmag.com
- 50 One-Sentence Social Media Hacks for Bloggers, www.jeffbullas.com
- 7 Pinterest Tools for Marketers, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 7 Social Media Engagement Metrics for Tracking Followers, blog.bufferapp.com
- Behold the Amazing Power of Twitter Hashtags, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Can Instagram Bypass Twitter?, www.adweek.com
- Facebook Expands Instant Articles Program, Includes Washington Post, recode.net
- Facebook’s Restrictions on User Data Cast a Long Shadow, www.wsj.com
- How To Perform Twitter Research To Improve Ad Performance, www.ppchero.com
- LinkedIn Ads Rolls Out New Campaign Management Tool (And I Love It), www.wordstream.com
- New Facebook SDK for Unity Now Available, developers.facebook.com
- Twitter creates custom Pope emojis in anticipation of his US tour, digiday.com
- Periscope Turns Screenshotting Into A Social Experience, techcrunch.com
- The Video Marketer’s Toolbox, blog.bufferapp.com
- Video Advertisers: Viewability and GRPs Are Not the Metrics You Need, www.reelseo.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.
New on MarTech