Google’s Eric Schmidt To Speak At CES, YouTube To Keynote
Having the top Microsoft executive keynote the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas is an annual tradition. For Google, its top executives hardly seem to speak. That’s changing this year, as Google chairman Eric Schmidt will be appearing at CES, at least on a panel. Schmidt Talks Consumer Electronics We just got word from Google […]
Having the top Microsoft executive keynote the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas is an annual tradition. For Google, its top executives hardly seem to speak. That’s changing this year, as Google chairman Eric Schmidt will be appearing at CES, at least on a panel.
Schmidt Talks Consumer Electronics
We just got word from Google that Schmidt will be on the CNET Presents the Next Big Thing in Consumer Electronics panel, happening on January 10th. The full panel includes:
- Tim Baxter, President, Consumer Electronics Division, Samsung Electronics America
- Bill Gurley, General Partner, Benchmark Capital
- Blake Krikorian, Cofounder, Sling Media
- Eric Schmidt, Chairman, Google
There’s only an hour for the panel, and I have the feeling that the other panelists will get lost among whatever Schmidt has to say. We’ll see. I’ll be out at CES this year providing live blogging and coverage.
The Last Google Keynote
Prior to this, the biggest presence I can recall Google having at CES is when Larry Page, then copresident of Google, did a CES keynote, complete with a visit from comedian Robin Williams. You can watch one recording of it below:
YouTube To Keynote & Microsoft’s Ballmer Returns
Since that time, as I said, I don’t recall any high-level Google execs speaking, though I perhaps have missed a visit or two. But with Google involved in consumer electronics that range from laptops to TV to cell phones, it’s perhaps overdue for such a visit.
Oddly, Google is doing a keynote again at CES, but it won’t be from Schmidt.
Instead, Robert Kyncl, Vice President Of Global Content Partnerships for Google’s YouTube unit, will be speaking on Thursday, January 12, at 10am PT.
Microsoft is also back, with Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer delivering his fourth CES on the evening of January 9. We’ll be covering that, as well.
- Liveblog: Steve Ballmer Keynote At SMX West
- Deal Puts Microsoft Live Search On Dell Computers, Verizon Phones — Will It Help?
- CES: Microsoft Expands Scope Of HP Search Relationship To 42 Countries
- Ballmer At CES 2011: “Whatever Device You Use, Windows Will Be There”
- Google TV Struggling: Logitech Sees More Returns Than Sales Of Revue Console
- Internet-To-TV Players Compared: Roku, Apple TV, Boxee & Google TV
- Chromezone: Google Opens A Retail Store In London
- Chromebook Day: You Can Finally Buy A Google Chrome OS Computer
- First Impressions: Galaxy Nexus Android 4.0 Smartphone
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.