Top 10 YouTube Video Ads In October: Mattel Debuts At No. 1 With “Imagine The Possibilities”
The brand behind Barbie offers a message of female empowerment in its top-ranking ad, showing what happens when girls are free to imagine they can be anything.
Last month’s top video ads on YouTube belonged to a number of brands that were first-timers to the list, including Mattel, whose Barbie spot “Imagine the Possibilities” ranked No. 1 with 12.4 million views. The spot features young girls in a number of professional roles – from professor to soccer coach and veterinarian – showing what happens when girls are free to imagine being anything they want to be.
Barbie’s senior vice president, Evelyn Mazzocco, told YouTube the brand was delighted by the response to its message of female empowerment.
“The video is designed to showcase what a girl sees when she plays with Barbie and re-introduce parents to the brand through the eyes of their children,” said Mazzocco, “We are proud of this video and the conversation it has started using the brand’s cultural footprint.”
Another newcomer to the list was Extra Gum, which debuted at No. 2. Its spot, “The Story of Sarah & Juan,” earned 11 million views. Squatty Potty and Boeing also made debut appearances at No. 4 and No. 10 on YouTube’s ads leader board for October.
According to YouTube, the top ten video spots during October raked in a total of 61.4 million total views and more than 90.8 million minutes of watched ads.
YouTube’s Top 10 Video Ads in October
1. Barbie: Imagine the Possibilities (12.4M views)
2. Extra Gum: The Story of Sarah & Juan (11M views)
3. Nike: Snow Day (8M views)
4. Squatty Potty: This Unicorn Changed the Way I Poop (5.6M views)
5. Microsoft: The New Microsoft Surface Book (5M views)
6. Emirates: A380 featuring Jennifer Aniston (4.5M views)
7. Toyota: Fueled by the Future (4.2M views)
8. Playstation: Holiday 2015 Commercial Featuring Star Wars Battlefront (4M views)
9. iPhone 6s: Flip a Coin (3.3M views)
10. Boeing: Lightest. Metal. Ever. (3.3M views)