MarTech Today: SocialMoov’s Downtime, Brave Ad Blocker & Google’s “Core” Algorithm
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web. From Marketing Land: Ad Platform Marin Software/SocialMoov Extends Weekend Downtime Into A Week Jan 21, 2016 by Barry Levine The San Francisco-based company notified customers last week of a weekend-long infrastructure upgrade, which has now […]
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Ad Platform Marin Software/SocialMoov Extends Weekend Downtime Into A Week
Jan 21, 2016 by Barry Levine
The San Francisco-based company notified customers last week of a weekend-long infrastructure upgrade, which has now been extended ’til Friday for “required maintenance.”
- Meet Marketing Technologist And MarTech Program Chair Scott Brinker
Jan 21, 2016 by Marketing Land
A conversation with MarTech’s conference chair and creator of chiefmartec.com blog
- Brave: New Ad Blocking Browser Promises More Privacy & Faster Page Loading
Jan 21, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Depending on whom you talk to, ad blocking is either overblown or an emerging crisis. There’s data to support both positions. One thing is clear, however: it’s an issue that’s not going away. That’s partly because entrepreneurs have now latched onto it as an opportunity.
- Thanks To Social, Advertisers Plan To Spend More Programmatically In 2016 [Report]
Jan 21, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
New State of the Industry report from AdRoll also highlights trends in attribution and mobile retargeting.
- Retailers: Salesforce Will Now Send A Free Team of Experts To Match Its Marketing Cloud To Your Needs
Jan 20, 2016 by Barry Levine
The new Strategic Framework for Retail Customer Journeys includes a set of retailer-focused analysis and marketing tools.
- Kickstart Your Marketing Automation Success With This Five-Step Starter Kit
Jan 20, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Whether you’re just starting to research marketing automation or you’ve signed a contract and are wondering what to do next, this starter kit from Salesforce will walk you through a step-by-step process to ramping up an automation platform and setting yourself up for success.
- Google Explains What It Means To Be Part Of The “Core” Algorithm
Jan 21, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
To be core, the algorithm needs to be consistent enough to run by itself without much worry that it won’t work right.
- Bing Boasts Continuous Updates To Their Search Engine Daily
Jan 21, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Bing deploys multiple updates per day in an effort to constantly improve the search results and features.
From Around The Web:
- Apple’s First iOS App Development Center In Europe Will Be Located In Italy, TechCrunch
- Google deepens partnership with Red Hat, VentureBeat
- Amazon says its delivery drones will act more like horses than cars, qz.com
- Choosing a B2B Ecommerce Platform: Weighing the Risks, www.practicalecommerce.com
- IBM Acquires Ustream to Propel Cloud-Based Video Services, www-03.ibm.com
- Light Reaction Launches App Performance, Flexible, Pay-for-Performance App Install and Engagement Product, www.businesswire.com
- Litmus Partners with Sendwithus to Enhance Transactional Emails, www.martechadvisor.com
- Third Annual Cojones Awards Adds More High Profile Judges, www.marketwired.com
- 9 tips for designing smart watch apps, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- New App Peach: What is the Marketing Potential for Peach?, ignitevisibility.com
- How to Create Custom Instagram Feeds, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Introducing Audience Optimization for Publishers, media.fb.com
- Why every SMB should install a Facebook Pixel on their website ASAP, 3qdigital.com
- Facebook’s Engineering Wizardry Makes Even VR Videos Load Fast, techcrunch.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.
New on MarTech