MarTech Today: Videology uses Nielsen for online/TV targeting, illegal ad-blocking in the EU & understanding DMPs
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web. From Marketing Land: Video ad platform Videology now utilizes Nielsen data for combined online/TV targeting Apr 25, 2016 by Barry Levine For instance, a retailer can now understand and apply the TV viewing habits […]
Barry Levine on April 26, 2016 at 9:00 am
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Video ad platform Videology now utilizes Nielsen data for combined online/TV targeting
Apr 25, 2016 by Barry Levine
For instance, a retailer can now understand and apply the TV viewing habits of visitors to its website.
- Publisher ad-blocking-detection could be illegal in EU without user consent
Apr 25, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Script-based ad-blocking detection, which accesses “personal data,” implicates consumer consent rules of the European e-Privacy Directive.
- [VIDEO] Marketing Land Live #10: Who’ll buy Yahoo, 20 years of search & more
Apr 25, 2016 by Matt McGee
In the latest episode of Marketing Land Live, Ginny Marvin, Greg Sterling, Danny Sullivan and Matt McGee talk about the big marketing news from the past week.
- A new approach to measuring “engagement” on content-heavy sites
Apr 25, 2016 by Nick Iyengar
If no easily identified conversions occur on your site, measuring engagement can be tricky. Columnist Nick Iyengar explains why a new approach could help you improve the quality of measurements and better understand engagement on your site.
- MarTech Landscape: What is a data management platform (DMP)?
Apr 22, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
A simple breakdown of the role DMPs play in digital advertising.
- Startup SolidOpinion offers “Promoted Comments” for publishers
Apr 22, 2016 by Barry Levine
New York City-based company says its commenting platform provides a new source of revenue and makes comment moderation affordable.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- The Beginner’s Guide to Mobile App Analytics, conversionxl.com
- Google is building an in-house startup incubator, Business Insider
- 3 Brilliant Marketing Automation Hacks for Content Marketers, www.jeffbullas.com
- Certain Brings Marketing Automation Into Events Management, www.cmswire.com
- What the New Snapchat API Means for Advertisers, blog.adstage.io
- Winners and losers of Facebook’s latest algorithm changes, digiday.com
- 10 Handy Tools to Create Mini Videos: Marketing Through Micro Moments, www.internetmarketingninjas.com
- HTML5 Media Source Extensions: Bringing Production Video To The Web, www.smashingmagazine.com