Marketing Day: YouTube SEO, how to track conversions & an ad-blocking report
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on MarTech and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- YouTube SEO: How to find the best traffic-generating keywords
May 31, 2017 by Sherry Bonelli
Want to increase the chances of your videos showing up in YouTube’s search results? Columnist Sherry Bonelli explains how to glean keyword insights from your competitors.
- 7 great reasons to attend SMX Advanced in 2 weeks
May 31, 2017 by Marketing Land
Search Engine Land’s SMX Advanced is just 2 weeks away. Don’t miss your only opportunity this year to attend the conference designed for experienced SEOs and SEMs! Fewer than 150 tickets are remaining. Register now! Here are 7 reasons you should attend: Start with a deep dive. Attend a pre-conference workshop.
- How to track conversions like a pro
May 31, 2017 by Ryan Shelley
Driving more traffic is only good if you’re driving the right traffic. Columnist Ryan Shelley outlines three simple conversion goals you can track that will give you powerful insights into how your users are interacting with your website.
- 3 ways to ensure your marketing technology stacks up
May 31, 2017 by Jim Yu
Putting together a marketing technology stack can be exciting, but with so many vendors and so much functionality, it can also be overwhelming. Columnist Jim Yu has some advice to guide your tool selection.
- Survey shows US ad-blocking usage is 40 percent on laptops, 15 percent on mobile
May 31, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Ad-blocking users motivated primarily to avoid ‘irrelevant’ or ‘annoying’ ads.
- AppsFlyer launches mobile anti-fraud initiative, updates its fraud detection services
May 31, 2017 by Barry Levine
The new initiative is designed to weed out app ad or installation fraud in any of the company’s 2,500 partnering ad networks.
- City Furniture taps Apple, IBM for in-store apps to improve the sales experience
May 31, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Use of the apps has increased average order value by 5 percent.
- Demand generation’s next frontier: 3 ways to tap into social to get more leads
May 31, 2017 by Will McInnes
Is social a key element of your demand generation strategy? If not, it needs to be. Contributor Will McInnes walks you through three ways to use social for demand generation.
- Vimeo launches new tools aimed at making video platform more appealing to marketers
May 31, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Part of Vimeo’s Business Membership, the enhancements include updated video cards, new end screens and more email capture features.
- Where is the best place to post your content?
May 31, 2017 by Rachel Lindteigen
So you have a great piece of content. What’s next? Columnist Rachel Lindteigen explains why you need to think about your program’s goals before you decide where to post your content.
- Former Android boss launches devices to compete with Google Pixel and Google Home
May 31, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Andy Rubin wants to create devices that are simple, durable and elegant.
- Yandex opens its content recommendations platform to all publishers
May 31, 2017 by Matt McGee
Media companies, content creators will have access to push material directly into the Yandex Zen recommendations feed.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Amazon jumps into investigative journalism with Berkeley partnership, Quartz
- Ballmer explains why he invested in Twitter, TechCrunch
- Google’s Waze Carpool expands throughout California in first big test, Reuters
- Boost Your Content Marketing Strategy with these 10 Infographics, Top Rank Marketing Blog
- Crowd Pleaser Content Defined, Heidi Cohen
- How to Build a High-Performance Content Marketing Team, Content Marketing Institute
- How to Know When it’s Time to Replace a Content Writer, CopyPressed
- Why Marketers Need to Invest in Authentic Long-Form Storytelling, Adweek
- 3 Common Misconceptions About Conversion Rate Optimization That Are Wasting Your Time, Shopify Plus
- The Traditional Sales Funnel is Broken (And How Smart Businesses Nurture their Leads), Crazy Egg
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 6 major tech companies have doubled their design hiring goals in last half decade, TechCrunch
- Copywriting Doesn’t Get Any Better Than in This Haunting Nike Print Ad From 1990, Adweek
- 5 Tips for Displaying Ecommerce Product Prices, Practical Ecommerce
- Can Retail Brands Grow in the Age of Amazon?, Multichannel Merchant
- How to Set and Achieve eCommerce Marketing Goals, Inflow
- Marketing Tips for E-Commerce Websites, The Blog Herald
- PMA Online Shopping Survey Results, The PMA
- The Most Profitable Automations for E-Commerce Businesses, MailChimp Blog
- Top 3 Ecommerce Trends and Predictions for 2017, Multichannel Merchant
- Why Wal-Mart is betting big on e-commerce acquisitions, Retail Dive
- 5 Email Follow-Up Autoresponder Campaigns to Convert Leads Into Sales, MarketingProfs
- 6 Behavioral Marketing Emails That Boost Engagement, Movable Ink Blog
- 7 fears, myths & fallacies holding email marketing back, Emma Email Marketing Blog
- Best Days of the Week for Email Engagement by Industry, MarketingProfs
- Getting Started with Behavioral Email Marketing, Kiss Metrics
Internet Marketing Industry
- Centro Creates Private Marketplace Directory Curated with 1,000+ Deals in Demand-Side Platform, Centro
- Lithium Enters into Definitive Agreement to be Acquired by Vista Equity Partners, Lithium
- PebblePost Promotes Adam Solomon to Chief Product Officer, Market Wired
- ‘People are following ideas, not funding’: Why Los Angeles is emerging as an ad tech hotbed, Digiday
- 6 Killer Ways to Use Automated Marketing for Your Small Business, Small Biz Trends
- Building Blocks: Luis Nunes, CEO at Yes! Getaways Talks Marketing Tech, MarTech Advisor
- Data industrialization on our way to marketing in a blockchain world, Chief Marketing Technologist
- How Much Do People Know About AI?, eMarketer
- How to Select a New Marketing Automation Tool, eMarketer
- The state of AI adoption in media, Digiday
- 7 Tested Ways SMS Texting Can Help Your Business, MarketingProfs
- How brand awareness & ratings impact app ranking & install volume, Tune
- Mobile advertisers are falling in love with ‘playable ads’, VentureBeat
- Mobile Usability Increases Conversions, Search Engine People
- Only 5% of ad networks are high fraud, but they own 20% of mobile ad clicks, Tune
- Sponsorships as an opportunity in Local Marketing, Local University
- Amazon’s Alexa can now add events to your iCloud calendar, VentureBeat
- Keeping your company data safe with new security updates to Gmail, The Official Google Blog
- Add Depth to Your Reporting on Facebook and Instagram, Socialbakers
- Boosting Social Media Marketing Using Content Automation, The AdStage Blog
- How Social Media Is Helping Local Businesses Take On S&P 500 Marketing Departments, Adweek
- Instagram Rolled Out Stickers and a Rainbow Brush Tool for LGBTQ Pride Month 2017, Adweek
- Launching Instagram Placement for Click to Messenger Ads, Facebook for Business
- The Facebook Algorithm Demystified: How to Optimize for News Feed Exposure, Social Media Examiner
- The One Instagram Hashtag Strategy That Works for Anyone, Tailwind Blog
- The Rules of Social Media Marketing Success: Value and Listening, CMS Wire
- Twitter Just Added a Requests Folder for DMs From Unfollowed Users, Adweek
- What Is In A Social Media Marketing Plan, Search Engine People
- How to Use One-to-One Video to Make People Swoon, Convince and Convert
- How to Use TrueView for Shopping to Put Video Ads on YouTube, Small Biz Trends
- In 2017, Every Brand Needs to Have an Influencer Strategy, Tubular Insights
- Twitter Adds New Features as It Experiments With Sponsored Live Video, Adweek
- YouTube Added an Activity Tab on iOS So Users Can Manage Their Notifications, Adweek
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech. Staff authors are listed here.
New on MarTech